Gig Buddies - Ireland

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

minidazzler

Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by minidazzler » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 pm

So, as there seem to be a few people planning to go stag to the Frank gigs in Ireland, a few of us have decided to meet up for at least the Dublin gig. Post here if interested, we'll hash out a plan closer to the date. :)

All welcome of course.

I'll be going on my own most likely anyway, so I wanna meet new people. :)
I'd rather be the one who loves than to be loved and never even know.

Blonde

Re: Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by Blonde » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm

I'll be on my own for Dublin and Belfast so will be happy to talk to anyone once I stop being shy.

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Blonde wrote:I'll be on my own for Dublin and Belfast so will be happy to talk to anyone once I stop being shy.
Technically you "know" me anyway :D So that seems to be four so far. :) The plan so far seems to be to meet a while before the gig, grab some food or drinks. :) If someone could get the signature brew that would be hilarious :D

Emsabobs

Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by Emsabobs » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm

I was gonna say Ill grab some but I don't think I'll get that through security....!
'Yeah I got so damn drunk and retarded, I fell down the stairs and puked in my shoe' Nothing to you - Two Gallants

helentx

Post by helentx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm

I'll be on my own for Dublin taking the 14.05 from Southampton that day & back on the 09.05 the next morning. Am I mad? Not really sure but it seemed like the easiest way to get to a solo gig.

Emsabobs

Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by Emsabobs » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 pm

helentx wrote:I'll be on my own for Dublin taking the 14.05 from Southampton that day & back on the 09.05 the next morning. Am I mad? Not really sure but it seemed like the easiest way to get to a solo gig.
I'm doing the 5pm Saturday flight from Norwich to Dublin myself Helen so I don't think you're mad :)
'Yeah I got so damn drunk and retarded, I fell down the stairs and puked in my shoe' Nothing to you - Two Gallants

helentx

Post by helentx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Emsabobs wrote:
helentx wrote:I'll be on my own for Dublin taking the 14.05 from Southampton that day & back on the 09.05 the next morning. Am I mad? Not really sure but it seemed like the easiest way to get to a solo gig.
I'm doing the 5pm Saturday flight from Norwich to Dublin myself Helen so I don't think you're mad :)
But the Dublin gig is on the Sunday 9th isn't it? Still nice to know I'm not mad :)

Emsabobs

Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by Emsabobs » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Yup but I figured if I was paying for flights I might as well make the most of Dublin :)

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 pm

helentx wrote: But the Dublin gig is on the Sunday 9th isn't it? Still nice to know I'm not mad :)
Ah, you're a little mad, but since when is that a bad thing? :)

I went to Kilkenny Cork and Dublin last year for Frank gigs (Blonde and 2 of her friends beat me hugely on what they did though) was quite awesome and he premiered Polaroid Picture in Cork, "we won't all be here this time next year" and my best friend who was with me is now in Australia...Damn Frank and his future seeing abilities :P

Emsabobs

Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by Emsabobs » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Haha I thought you meant cos of the Mayan end of the world thingy me bob!

helentx

Post by helentx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Emsabobs wrote:Yup but I figured if I was paying for flights I might as well make the most of Dublin :)
Good point. I went four years ago now when my husband arranged a conference there. There was a dinner in the (former) Jameson factory at which they served a different aged whiskey with each course. Naturally there was a "business" reason for this! Marconi's mother was a Jameson & the conference was for the companies involved in manufacturing electronic communications for ships.

Emsabobs

Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by Emsabobs » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 pm

helentx wrote:
Emsabobs wrote:Yup but I figured if I was paying for flights I might as well make the most of Dublin :)
Good point. I went four years ago now when my husband arranged a conference there. There was a dinner in the (former) Jameson factory at which they served a different aged whiskey with each course. Naturally there was a "business" reason for this! Marconi's mother was a Jameson & the conference was for the companies involved in manufacturing electronic communications for ships.
I was debating on answering your comment with 'oh shit...' But decided against that haha.... :)

lepracalvin

Post by lepracalvin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 pm

There seem to be a good few people around to meet up for Dublin anyways, should be good craic, looking forward to it :)

Emsabobs

Gig Buddies - Ireland

Post by Emsabobs » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Helen I dunno where you are staying but there are 2 private rooms left at the hostel I'm at for £20 a room which is a bargain.... I'm just gonna take ear plugs in case it's stupidly noisy....

NovembersStorms

Post by NovembersStorms » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Awesome :) Unless I'm wrong it seems I'm the only Dublin native posting here so far. I'm not going alone but will be happy to come along to any pre gig event! I always like to stuff my face before a gig so if we could go for food that'd be awesome.
part time gigger , full time waster, twitter, founder of the Tarrant Anderson Fan Club (@StephenEamonn)