'Twas The NIght Before Wembley

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

capdown45

Re: 'Twas The NIght Before Wembley

Post by capdown45 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 am

BigEgg wrote:I am going with a few friends, cannot wait! Going to be such an awesome night. Crazy Arm will be fantastic as always - and then there is Jim Lockey and Ben Marwood... it's like a perfect gig.
Don't forget the ever-awesome Dave Hause!

I'm still unsure of the 'Xtra Special Guests'. Just seen that Frank told someone on Twitter that he definitely won't be playing, although he may be at the gig. I was sure it was going to be Frank and the Sleeping Souls as 'Xtra Special Guests' was written in Frank Turner text. Anyone else have an idea? My favourite Xtra Mile band by far is Against Me! but, as Tom Gabel is on the Revival Tour, unfortunately it won't be them.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:23 am

It was never going to be Frank. It just couldn't be. No way would his manager, agent, tour manager or the promoter let him play a show the night before his biggest gig to date. Perhaps it was a bit unfair to use the FT font on the poster, but I personally felt it was quite obvious that it would not be Frank for those reasons.

I think most people will be very pleased with the secret guest
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

capdown45

Post by capdown45 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:48 am

From the Xtra Mile roster, there only a few that could fill the special guest slot. Dive Dive or Chris T-T would be nice but, no disrespect to them, but special guest slots normally have the 'wow' factor which I'm not sure they have. I'm not even going to entertain the thought of Reuben playing. It would be highly embarrassing as I'd probably shit my pants.

swoods118

Post by swoods118 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Sorry loads of interest so looks like tickets have found a good home
Last edited by swoods118 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Evan wrote:It was never going to be Frank. It just couldn't be. No way would his manager, agent, tour manager or the promoter let him play a show the night before his biggest gig to date. Perhaps it was a bit unfair to use the FT font on the poster, but I personally felt it was quite obvious that it would not be Frank for those reasons.

Personally I'd be very surprised if it wasn't Frank, but I guess we'll see!
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Tomasz wrote:
Evan wrote:It was never going to be Frank. It just couldn't be. No way would his manager, agent, tour manager or the promoter let him play a show the night before his biggest gig to date. Perhaps it was a bit unfair to use the FT font on the poster, but I personally felt it was quite obvious that it would not be Frank for those reasons.

I don't know how to break this to you...IT IS NOT FRANK.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

capdown45

Post by capdown45 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

To be fair, it makes sense for Frank not to play a set. But I'd be surprised if he didn't pop up on stage for at least one song, even if it's just joining another artist for a sing along!

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Evan wrote:
Tomasz wrote:

You've said that before Evan :)
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Tomasz wrote:
Evan wrote:
You've said that before Evan :)

Whatever. You're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment here.

marowak

Post by marowak » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:55 pm

im really looking forward to thur-fri ... i am treating it all as one big night / day / night out ....
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

capdown45

Post by capdown45 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Actually, on second thoughts, it's not unusual for bands to play small intimate 'warm-up' gigs before big shows. It gives them a chance to try out new ideas for Wembley in front of an audience instead of in a practice room. I acknowledge that Evan might be 'in the know' on this one, but it actually does make perfect sense for Frank and the Sleeping Souls to play a short and sweet set, as long as he stays sober, doesn't scream until voice box explodes etc.

Judging from forums/twitter/facebook etc it seems like 90% of the audience for this gig are calling it a secret Frank Turner show... there could well be a few tears! Oh well, as long as Crazy Arm play 'Born to Ruin' in it's entirety and Dave Hause covers 'Trusty Chords' I promise not to complain ;-)

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:13 pm

capdown45 wrote:I acknowledge that Evan might be 'in the know' on this one

I am.

capdown45 wrote: Judging from forums/twitter/facebook etc it seems like 90% of the audience for this gig are calling it a secret Frank Turner show...

It's not.

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Look I can put you all out of your misery it's not a Carlos and the Jackal show and it's not a Steps show!
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Against Me! are the only band from the Xtra Mile vaults that'd fit the bill for me... have the feeling it'll be some old timers that mean nothing to me *slinks off to the back*

A FT cover set from all the artists on the bill would be fun (: eheh

BigEgg

Post by BigEgg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Far or Retrospective Soundtrack Players or FOTL would be ace for me.

Does it even have to be a band on Xtra mile?
Lets not settle for satisfaction, we are women and men of action.