Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
Jodyism
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: SoCal, California

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by Jodyism » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:19 am

TheBigJT and ToTheWest... I missed you two on here.. we will have to sort something out to at least get a few hello's in - I am so excited for this show, I've already told my work that I need a few days off since we are planning on staying the night up there. Now all that's left is booking the room! Until closer to the event! XX
Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.
----------
11.10.11 - 12.10 .11 - 2.18.12 - 9.20.12
Next:
Sooner than later

TheBigJT
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:04 am

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by TheBigJT » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:59 am

Well, I found out my wife is going to be on a business trip that week. So, she won't be coming along.

I linked a few videos on my FB tonight to try and stir up some interest with my friends. The previously mentioned couple will hopefully join me. But, worst case...I'll have an extra ticket if they drop out.

Are you going to book at the Disneyland Hotel? If not there are some good options if you're willing to drive a couple miles. The whole area around Disney tends to be overpriced and touristy. But, someplace like the Doubletree Orange, Hilton Suites or the Ayres Inn over by the Honda Center are little out of the worst of it. I've had family come into town and stay at that Doubletree before and get a decent deal.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

scottkeys
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by scottkeys » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:42 pm

my wife, daughter and I will all be there. I think about 10-12 friends as well.

skhmmxi
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by skhmmxi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:32 pm

scottkeys wrote:my wife, daughter and I will all be there. I think about 10-12 friends as well.
Just how many air miles have you accumulated now, Scott?
218,278,284,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,980,1000,1143,1216,1303,1321,1384,1441,1464,1518,1527,1545,1595,1611,next:RAH 29/03

scottkeys
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by scottkeys » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Does Mongol Horde count?

skhmmxi
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by skhmmxi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:31 am

scottkeys wrote:Does Mongol Horde count?
Of course! That was the main reason I asked.
218,278,284,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,980,1000,1143,1216,1303,1321,1384,1441,1464,1518,1527,1545,1595,1611,next:RAH 29/03

scottkeys
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by scottkeys » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:43 am

Counting the recent Mongol Horde shows, I think the mileage total is around 56,000 miles with a big September in the offing

User avatar
Jodyism
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: SoCal, California

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by Jodyism » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:42 pm

TheBigJT wrote:Well, I found out my wife is going to be on a business trip that week. So, she won't be coming along.
:(
TheBigJT wrote:Are you going to book at the Disneyland Hotel? If not there are some good options if you're willing to drive a couple miles. The whole area around Disney tends to be overpriced and touristy.
I am okay with touristy.. the goal is to be close so I don't have to walk far, so I am willing to pay more for the luxury of wobbling back to the room in my Iron Man casts/boots :P Hey, at least I will be easy to pick out.. those things are hard to hide... I could just be-dazzle them. Ha.
Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.
----------
11.10.11 - 12.10 .11 - 2.18.12 - 9.20.12
Next:
Sooner than later

TheBigJT
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:04 am

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by TheBigJT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 am

Jodyism wrote:
TheBigJT wrote:Well, I found out my wife is going to be on a business trip that week. So, she won't be coming along.
:(
TheBigJT wrote:Are you going to book at the Disneyland Hotel? If not there are some good options if you're willing to drive a couple miles. The whole area around Disney tends to be overpriced and touristy.
I am okay with touristy.. the goal is to be close so I don't have to walk far, so I am willing to pay more for the luxury of wobbling back to the room in my Iron Man casts/boots :P Hey, at least I will be easy to pick out.. those things are hard to hide... I could just be-dazzle them. Ha.
If you can handle the prices then the Disneyland property hotels will be your best bet by far. Any of the three main ones (Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier or Grand Californian) are all a very easy walk to the venue. (Of course you may already have known that... :) )

Still trying to round up a few more of my friends to come along for the show. But, at least I'll know you and Scott no matter what.

ohmylauren
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:05 am
Location: Louisiana, good ol' USA

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by ohmylauren » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 am

so after many years of never really having my own account on the forums (posted with friends in the past) and spending a few years following around the band... here I am. I currently live in Louisiana and juggle two jobs but it's not stopping me from this Autumn tour. I'll be at the Houston, New Orleans, and Atlanta shows, for sure. I have a few other dates I'll possibly be at (both NYC shows and Denver). If any of you are in attendance, feel free to shout this way!

Also, Mr. Keys - I was able to meet you and your daughter, Sara, back at the St. Pat's double show in Lowell earlier this year. Was a pleasure to spend time with you and your family. Cool to see you posting here on the forums, too!

scottkeys
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by scottkeys » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:27 pm

ohmylauren wrote:so after many years of never really having my own account on the forums (posted with friends in the past) and spending a few years following around the band... here I am. I currently live in Louisiana and juggle two jobs but it's not stopping me from this Autumn tour. I'll be at the Houston, New Orleans, and Atlanta shows, for sure. I have a few other dates I'll possibly be at (both NYC shows and Denver). If any of you are in attendance, feel free to shout this way!

Also, Mr. Keys - I was able to meet you and your daughter, Sara, back at the St. Pat's double show in Lowell earlier this year. Was a pleasure to spend time with you and your family. Cool to see you posting here on the forums, too!
That Lowell day was very cool. I will also be in Houston, NOLA and ATL. The whole family will be in NY. Hope to see you

User avatar
Jodyism
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: SoCal, California

Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by Jodyism » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 pm

TheBigJT wrote:If you can handle the prices then the Disneyland property hotels will be your best bet by far...
Okay, so after looking at prices, I am going to have to stay somewhere not Disney.. $600 for a room at one of the places! I could get a chauffeur to drive me back home for cheaper! I want somewhere very close walking distance but having a hard time figuring out which ones are and which one are more than a few miles away. Do you know any websites that will tell me distance from without having to individually search them all. I lost all my contacts so I couldn't email you this question... Only a few days away!! :-)
Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.
----------
11.10.11 - 12.10 .11 - 2.18.12 - 9.20.12
Next:
Sooner than later

TheBigJT
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:04 am

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by TheBigJT » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:25 am

Jodyism wrote:
TheBigJT wrote:If you can handle the prices then the Disneyland property hotels will be your best bet by far...
Okay, so after looking at prices, I am going to have to stay somewhere not Disney.. $600 for a room at one of the places! I could get a chauffeur to drive me back home for cheaper! I want somewhere very close walking distance but having a hard time figuring out which ones are and which one are more than a few miles away. Do you know any websites that will tell me distance from without having to individually search them all. I lost all my contacts so I couldn't email you this question... Only a few days away!! :-)
I think the best bet would be to use a site like Trip Advisor or Hotels.com...I know both of those will let you search via a map of locations.
I did a quick search by distance to see if I could get a sense of what's available.

The Hilton was 129.00 a night on Hotels.com
The Peacock Suites was 88.00 (I used to know someone who worked there, but I never stayed there myself.) it's .78 miles away.
The Hyatt Regency was 109.00 (1.4 miles)...Harbor and Chapman.
I know the area pretty well, there are some iffy places, but most of those are bit further away...over near Katella and Haster for example there are couple that are pretty grim.

Drop me an e-mail at jonctrask at aol dot com and we can talk via that, or I'll send my phone number back so we can coordinate quicker via phone.
I got an offer today for early entry and some food and drink specials at the place starting at 6pm...it costs 15 per person...was on the fence if it made sense to do? Did you get that offer?

Also, I still have an extra ticket if anyone needs one for Thursday. I have a friend who will reluctantly go...but, if there is anyone who needs one let me know?
JT

TheBigJT
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:04 am

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by TheBigJT » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:33 am

I also just realized you said walking distance...which may limit your options a bit more.

I think there are some local shuttles in the resort area, but not sure what their schedule is. But, walking distance is pretty much no further than maybe the Hilton. I wouldn't walk as far as the Peacock or Hyatt.

A lot depends on what you want to spend...but, maybe a cab would be a good trade off for a lower rate?

Or, heck...I don't drink much (if at all) at shows, if there are three or less of you, maybe I can carpool you over with me before the show and back to someplace within a couple miles? I live east of D-land, but it's less than 10 minutes home, so a small detour is no problem. And, I know you'll be hanging out afterwards and I plan to stay and say hello to Frank as well. So, it wouldn't be any problem for me to help out if it makes it easier for you to pick a reasonable place.
JT

bladegrl3
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: Gigs In the USA: 2012 Edition

Post by bladegrl3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Anyone here going to the New Orleans show on 9/25? My circle of friends here can't make it (though we'll have a big group at the Houston show on 9/24!). Right now, I'm planning on making the trek myself - Harrah's comped me a room, so why the the hell not? :D
give blood...play hockey

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest