Wembley

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Ducgirl

Re: Wembley

Post by Ducgirl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:10 am

Ooooh so there is going to be a DVD for those of us that couldn't go? That would be awesome. So wish I could've gone!

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:54 pm

It's so crazy that in a venue as large as Wembley Arena you still feel like you're being personally sung to and you're celebrating with every single person in the room. Massive smile on my face now and I already cannot wait for the UK tour and the DVD... Normally at gigs I take loads of photos but I was just having too much fun to even think about taking lots!

bobbyrooney

Post by bobbyrooney » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Had an amazing time...

Without doubt, certainly made 10000000000x more amazing by the fact i got a hug off frank before the gig!

Legend!
My friend was having drinks with the sleeping souls too!

_rebekka_

Post by _rebekka_ » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 pm

I also had an amazing time in London! First the Barfly gig and then Wembley. It was just perfect! :-)

If anyone is interested, here are my Wembley pix:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... e2a48f5342

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:24 pm

tarpster77 wrote:Quick pic from last night: http://instagr.am/p/JYITsWFRkH/
I like how it looks like Matt is trying to catch the confetti, Crystal Maze stylee
moomin wrote:so there was a broom, blonde will be relieved we all thought she had lost it
See! I told you! I'm not going crazy.

Fantastic gig. Loved the setlist, there wasn't a single bit where I found myself dipping in excitement. Four Simple Words was fab. I've held off from watching the new songs on Youtube cos I don't want that to be my first experience of a new song, so it was a great place to hear it for the first time. It was great seeing everyone again and new people too. But there was still loads of people that I managed to miss.

We also stumbled upon Emily Barker and the RCH doing a quick set for the people in the queue.

newmy

Post by newmy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:30 pm

I'd like to just add again how much of a fantastic occasion I thought this was. It's pretty much all I've been thinking about for the last couple of days.

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:50 pm

OK then, since I'm now home and in possession of a good computer and my wits I'm gonna put my proper after action report.

The Gig was amazing, though I feel like I got too drunk during it and barely remember the end, apparently I sat down on the floor in the tube after the gig and just wouldn't stand up until we got to where we were going which I can't remember where it was....

Then I needed to pee so tried to open every door on some street to find a toilet before I saw the Golden Arches and sprinted across a busy street to get there.

On Saturday I went to the Camden Markets and found a greasy spoon on Chalk Road because I couldn't find one anywhere else. Then I decided to go to The WheelBarrow for a pint during the day...imagine how much of a Pleb I felt when I walked in wearing my Wembley FTHC T-shirt to see Frank sitting at the end of the bar with some friends of his (some I recognised, some I didn't). I didn't bother with going up to him because while I know he's OK with it and pleasant, that's his day off to spend time with the people he loves, I didn't wanna take any of that time for fear of feeling like a dick.

Got talking to some lovely English girl who had been hiding the same T-shirt under a baggy hoody in the warm bar during the day for fear of looking like an eejit haha.

Then I went back there at night with the rest of my friends because it was the only decent pint I had in the whole city and we realised it is the Brog of London so we love it. He was there again...but at least I wasn't wearing the T-shirt or staring...

So, in finality, I'll just say thanks Frank for making the trip awesome, and I'm really sorry if I seemed like I was stalking you, I only went to that bar because I had heard of it! :) I'm not THAT weird...

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any forumers in London, I would have really loved to but I had no access to Twitter or facebook to message those I know or to write on here :( Ah well, I'll meet some of you in a year when we are back there to watch him play the Stadium :P
I'd rather be the one who loves than to be loved and never even know.

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 am

Amazing night from start to finish, there are no words at all, it all went by in a flash.
I wouldnt have thought that an arena could feel so small, it felt like a much smaller show.

I always meet the nicest people at Frank gigs, (could be something to do with my son though lol) At Reading people let him go on barrier in their spot, nice people in queues and this time a girl got my (or rather his) merch order with hers as it was painfully slow and she knew I wanted to get inside for Beans. Lovely lovely lovely.

In a fit of gig comedown my boy has strung his long gold confetti/streamer thing around his room :roll:

SO all in all just blew me away, I wish Id been standing it looked amazing down there.
Never put a sock in a toaster!

Steven12345

Post by Steven12345 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Amazing Day, Arrived at Wembley for about half 12. First thing to sort out was food, and thank fuck for it. Walking down Wembley Way. "Isnt that beans on toast" not to notice Frank standing next to him. Walked over shook his hand. Ignored Beans on toast like a arrogent twat, Which I am forever sorry for. So spare of the moment we didn't even get a picture!

So after a shitty McDonalds, we joined the line on the south east side ( I think). And Ill just say that these people made our day. Beer was bought for me (I'm 16). Massive weird plastic bag pictures. Meeting Greg Nolan and Ben Lloyd. Massive singalongs to Frank/Queen. Ofcore the lovely Emily and the red clay halos came out to play.The loveliest person bought me a hoodie ( I gave him the money but he risked his place in the arena for it. ) And we danced all together (until forced to split apart hahaha). Not forget the weird Ben Marwood sing along I had with this bloke.

Then the show and how amazing it was. Beans on toast I just cant describe his set, he did everything you shouldn't do when playing a gig of that size but it worked. Telling us to stop clapping, randomly stopping in the middle of songs and saying "Fuck yeah, lets play another song." Brilliant.

Dan Le sac vs scroobius pip was one of the highlights I kinda new some of his stuff and whilst singing along he point it t me and shouted excellent, whilst later on putting the microphone to my mouth. Just a shame the crowd weren't "raving" it up at this point.

Billy Bragg was just (No words to describe). Favourite song was "Last Flight to Abu Dhabi" and not forgetting the mass sing along to "A new England".

I'm not going to write too much about Frank's performance as it talks for itself. However the highlights were Nashville Tennessee, I want to dance ( Soo low) and his mum playing the harmonica. Left me leaving stinking off sweat and looking like I just got out the bath.

Cant remember too much after the concert and I have missed sooo much out but this wasn't meant to be this long in the first place. I do apologise for the lack of grammar and spelling mistake. I'm 16 its what we do best :).

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 pm

halfpint wrote:Could the pink confetti be a link to Lexapalooza? Just a thought.
I think you are reading too much into it
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

marowak

Post by marowak » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Speaking as someone who owns a bright candy pink vw campervan - pink is one of the best celebration colours out there ... think about it - what other colour would work?
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

halfpint

Post by halfpint » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:10 pm

I guess you are right Evan.... :)

andyhh

Post by andyhh » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Leilalei wrote:I always meet the nicest people at Frank gigs,
You most certainly do, especially when you belt out Love, Ire and Song with a total stranger like you've been best friends for years. Plus I got a nice Tube back to Victoria with two girls with Frank Turner scarves who gave me a can of Fosters. I didn't even care that it took me over four hours to get back to Wembley.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 pm

minidazzler wrote:OK then, since I'm now home and in possession of a good computer and my wits I'm gonna put my proper after action report.

The Gig was amazing, though I feel like I got too drunk during it and barely remember the end, apparently I sat down on the floor in the tube after the gig and just wouldn't stand up until we got to where we were going which I can't remember where it was....

Then I needed to pee so tried to open every door on some street to find a toilet before I saw the Golden Arches and sprinted across a busy street to get there.

On Saturday I went to the Camden Markets and found a greasy spoon on Chalk Road because I couldn't find one anywhere else. Then I decided to go to The WheelBarrow for a pint during the day...imagine how much of a Pleb I felt when I walked in wearing my Wembley FTHC T-shirt to see Frank sitting at the end of the bar with some friends of his (some I recognised, some I didn't). I didn't bother with going up to him because while I know he's OK with it and pleasant, that's his day off to spend time with the people he loves, I didn't wanna take any of that time for fear of feeling like a dick.

Got talking to some lovely English girl who had been hiding the same T-shirt under a baggy hoody in the warm bar during the day for fear of looking like an eejit haha.

Then I went back there at night with the rest of my friends because it was the only decent pint I had in the whole city and we realised it is the Brog of London so we love it. He was there again...but at least I wasn't wearing the T-shirt or staring...

So, in finality, I'll just say thanks Frank for making the trip awesome, and I'm really sorry if I seemed like I was stalking you, I only went to that bar because I had heard of it! :) I'm not THAT weird...

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any forumers in London, I would have really loved to but I had no access to Twitter or facebook to message those I know or to write on here :( Ah well, I'll meet some of you in a year when we are back there to watch him play the Stadium :P
I was the English girl wearing the hoodie to not look like an eejit! It was great to meet you man :)

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Sparrow wrote:
I was the English girl wearing the hoodie to not look like an eejit! It was great to meet you man :)
And it was a pleasure to meet you too! :) So I did meet another forumer. Great! :D
I'd rather be the one who loves than to be loved and never even know.