November tour

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

DaveHughes

Re: November tour

Post by DaveHughes » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:57 am

Evan wrote:
DaveHughes wrote:Only caught the end of Emily Barker's set (wasn't too fussed though as wasn't that enamoured by her on the Love, Ire and Song tour)
Man alive...you missed out. She was awesome both nights I saw her. Much better than previously, and having Frank on to do Fields of June was superb. I mean, I am slightly biased as I both adore her music, and also as a person (and the rest of the too, as they are party animals and hilarious to boot).
Ach, I don't know, just doesnt' do anything for me. Would have much preferred a Gil Sandell solo set.
Evan wrote: Against Me aren't my bag really. I don't dislike them, but I wasn't exactly blown away either.
I've been listening to them for years but had never seen them, so perhaps that was my 'bias' in thinking they were awesome.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Fair enough. I like the style of music, and I love the fact they do not stop (18 songs in 40 minutes), but like Gaslight they are neither heavy enough, nor poppy enough for my liking
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Evan wrote:Fair enough. I like the style of music, and I love the fact they do not stop (18 songs in 40 minutes), but like Gaslight they are neither heavy enough, nor poppy enough for my liking
The reasons you give for not liking them, are perhaps the reasons that I do like them! They are in the middle region where my taste lies.

I'm guessing you prefer them to Fake Problems though?

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 pm

DaveHughes wrote:
Evan wrote:Fair enough. I like the style of music, and I love the fact they do not stop (18 songs in 40 minutes), but like Gaslight they are neither heavy enough, nor poppy enough for my liking
The reasons you give for not liking them, are perhaps the reasons that I do like them! They are in the middle region where my taste lies.

Yes. Fake Problems do absolutely nothing for me.

I don't do the middle region. I need extremes.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Evan wrote:
DaveHughes wrote:

Yes. Fake Problems do absolutely nothing for me.

I don't do the middle region. I need extremes.
There may be a chance you'd like my brother's band then, Winds of Genocide.
http://www.reverbnation.com/windsofgenocide

It's a far cry from when he was playing mandolin with me at Lex those years ago!

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Will try and remember to check them out at home as I cant listen to music at work

Rags

Post by Rags » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Helium wrote:I'm sorry about your phone, I'd be gutted to lose mine. On the flip side though, Rags' bag came open during the gig in Hammersmith and she realised afterwards that her wallet had gone. We all assumed it'd been nicked but someone came over and said it'd been handed in to security and she got everything back
Indeed I did, and my oyster card and one glove which was under some feet. I was pretty panicked at the idea of losing everything. And I did hug the security dude when he gave me it back.

I usually take a small bag which I keep in front of me but this time I was lumbered with a backpack. Lesson well and truly learnt. (Or should that be learned?)
23.08.08, 04.02.09, 29.10.09, 19.06.10, 12.12.10, 31.12.10, 18.02.11, 21.04.11, 07.07.11, 26.08.11 X2, 24.11.11, 26.11.11, 27.11.11, 13.04.12, 20.08.12, 23.08.13

NovembersStorms

Post by NovembersStorms » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 pm

A little late posting but I went to Scotland for a long weekend and only back now. Loved the Glasgow show. Some great moments, Frank mixing up Nigel and Matt's names at the end, the spontaneous outbreak of "we love you Tarrant, we do, oh Tarrant we love you!" and some great songs like Balthazar (which I never really loved until I heard it Friday night), Wessex Boy and Wisdom Teeth. Great setlist, great show.

Although there is something to be said for the smaller venues. Barrowlands was awesome but I preferred seeing him in Whelan's in Dublin, smaller more intimate gig. Still, met some great people that night, my number of Frank Turner friends is every growing!
part time gigger , full time waster, twitter, founder of the Tarrant Anderson Fan Club (@StephenEamonn)

xandmatt

Post by xandmatt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Pictures of the tour on the official Frank Turner facebook page.

From a technical standpoint, I wish I could take pictures half as good as some of them....