Gigs in the USA

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Dubras3

Post by Dubras3 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 pm

In other news, has Frank completely given up on the idea of choosing an audience member to do a harmonica solo for Dan's Song, or has he just cut back on it a bit? I'd love for him to do it at his Vancouver show next week.

FelipeS

Post by FelipeS » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:02 am

Dubras3 wrote:In other news, has Frank completely given up on the idea of choosing an audience member to do a harmonica solo for Dan's Song, or has he just cut back on it a bit? I'd love for him to do it at his Vancouver show next week.
I believe he does "Air Harmonica" at all the shows now. He said he was tired of getting hassled by people after shows because he didn't choose the birthday girl, this dude's girlfriend, or his #1 Fan.
09/25/2011

tampateri

Post by tampateri » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:48 am

FelipeS wrote:
Dubras3 wrote:In other news, has Frank completely given up on the idea of choosing an audience member to do a harmonica solo for Dan's Song, or has he just cut back on it a bit? I'd love for him to do it at his Vancouver show next week.
I believe he does "Air Harmonica" at all the shows now. He said he was tired of getting hassled by people after shows because he didn't choose the birthday girl, this dude's girlfriend, or his #1 Fan.
that and all the plague bacteria festering in it.

Jodyism

Re: Pomona

Post by Jodyism » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:32 pm

ToTheWest wrote:Private messaging is disabled on this board.

I'll be at the Glass House with two or three friends in tow. So excited... I'll be impressed at myself if I make it to work on Friday after two late nights seeing FT&SS... :-)
:) I will keep a look out for ya, I will be there with my ma.. My first FT show, I am going to DIE I am so excited!

Oh.My.Fucking.Stars. Just a 2 hour drive to go!! <3 :D

Edited to add: I will be the girl with the cast/boot on her leg and the band aid on her nose... You can't miss me!
Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.
----------
11.10.11 - 12.10 .11 - 2.18.12 - 9.20.12
Next:
Sooner than later

TheBigJT

Re: Pomona

Post by TheBigJT » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:12 am

Jodyism wrote:
ToTheWest wrote:Private messaging is disabled on this board.

I'll be at the Glass House with two or three friends in tow. So excited... I'll be impressed at myself if I make it to work on Friday after two late nights seeing FT&SS... :-)
:) I will keep a look out for ya, I will be there with my ma.. My first FT show, I am going to DIE I am so excited!

Oh.My.Fucking.Stars. Just a 2 hour drive to go!! <3 :D

Edited to add: I will be the girl with the cast/boot on her leg and the band aid on her nose... You can't miss me!
It was great to meet you Jody (and your mom too). Analisa, we looked for your but never saw you to say hello. I hope you enjoyed the show as well.

ToTheWest

POMONA, CA show - 11 Nov. 2011

Post by ToTheWest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:48 am

JT and Jody, I was sorry I didn't see you either, but I can blame that on having several drinks and three friends with whom I kept running back and forth between the bar next door between acts. (I'm not an alcoholic, I swear!) I did look for you both, but wasn't around much except during the sets. You, however, might have seen me if you noticed a girl in a Clash t-shirt being lifted up (against her will) to crowdsurf by her semi-drunk friend...who then proceeded to drop me onto the floor front and center. (At which point I was really grateful for the alcohol being in my system, because I just thought it was hilarious and was pulled back to my feet almost instantly. :-)

Here's the set list for anyone interested. (I only took video of "Polaroid Picture", which I hope to get around to posting on YouTube tonight.)

Eulogy
Try This at Home
I Still Believe
One Foot Before the Other
Love, Ire and Song
Peggy Sang the Blues
I Am Disappeared
I Knew Prufrock...
Polaroid Picture
Substitute
English Curse
Dan's Song (featuring aforementioned communal air harmonica solos)
Sons of Liberty
If Ever I Stray
Glory Hallelujah
Long Live the Queen
The Road
Somebody to Love
[encore]
The Ballad...
Photosynthesis

In closing, FT never disappoints, and it was great to finally have the opportunity to see him with the full band.
Last edited by ToTheWest on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brevity is not my forte.

Jodyism

Post by Jodyism » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:14 am

JT, it was great to meet you as well. Analisa, hopefully next time... Thank you so much for posting the set list, I couldn't keep track :) the show last night was amazing, everything I thought and so much more..

I am at soma waiting for the next band, I hope I can get a photo with some of the sleeping souls and one with frank where I dont look so god damned scared to meet the guy...... Woohoo!
----------
Next:
Sooner than later

ToTheWest

Post by ToTheWest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 am

Fingers crossed for you that all goes according to plan. ;-) If it were summer vacation or a weekend, I'd be down there next to you, but at least I get to see him again tomorrow in LA! Sad that no one on this board seems to be going to that one.
Brevity is not my forte.

Jodyism

Post by Jodyism » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:16 am

Thats awesome that you get to see him in LA, its my brothers bday so we cant swing it...plus gas is like 3.80/gal... And I live far from all shows...

Set list posted :)

Eulogy
Try this at home
Still believe
one foot
Prufrock
Peggy
I am disappeared
Love ire and song
Poloroid
Substitute
English curse
Dans song
Sons of liberty
If ever I stray
Glory hallelujah
Long live the queen
The road
Somebody to love
----------
Next:
Sooner than later

FelipeS

Post by FelipeS » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:42 am

I guess I was kinda lucky because Nigel put the set list on a speaker right in front of where I was standing. Everyone in the front row immediately looked at it and said, "This is a really good set." Frank pretty much played all the songs I loved, Poetry of the Deed would have been a good one to see though.
09/25/2011

tiffiny

Post by tiffiny » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:25 pm

ToTheWest wrote:Fingers crossed for you that all goes according to plan. ;-) If it were summer vacation or a weekend, I'd be down there next to you, but at least I get to see him again tomorrow in LA! Sad that no one on this board seems to be going to that one.
i really wish i could've made the socal shows. i have a lot of friends in the area and am in general really fond of it, so it's always a good stop. however, i have bills to pay and hours to be worked, so maybe next time.
4.2.09, 9.13.09, 2.14.10, 2.15.10, 2.16.10, 2.17.10, 8.11.10, 10.15.10, 10.16.10 x2, 09.27.11 x2, 10.07.11, 3.3.12, 3.4.12, 3.5.12, 9.18.12, 9.29.12, 9.30.12, 3.6.13, 3.7.13, 3.15.13, 6.7.13 x2, 6.8.13 x2, 8.8.13, 10.9.13, 11.27.13, 11.29.13, 11.30.13

ToTheWest

video of "Polaroid Picture" from the El Rey (in LA

Post by ToTheWest » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:22 am

Brevity is not my forte.

Watergirl

Post by Watergirl » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Many thanks for posting, ToTheWest!
Great quality recording.

Jodyism

Post by Jodyism » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:38 am

I heard Frank and the boys sold out Portland tonight... I hope they did, that would be hella cool! Congrats for sure! I was lucky enough to have my brother there and I made him call me during English Curse to get a music fix :wink:
----------
Next:
Sooner than later

Kateland

Post by Kateland » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Hello, i am new to the forums and a bit forum clueless. I am a forum lurker but rarely post anything.

However, in spite if my usual shyness, i have not seen anyone San Francisco on here and some one needs to share how great the show was!! It was the first time i have seen FT, went alone, and had a fabulous, memorable experience. The show felt intimate with all the stories and with the band backing in a relatively small venue the music was powerful and, of course the lyrics, as always, blew me away.

FT live is an experience i really hope to repeat, again and again. Truthfully, I usually see someone live and that is enough. It is a rare performer who can draw me back for more.

I am going to rant a bit about the goliath who emerged from behind me, just as FT and the Old Souls began, and shoved in front of me and then stayed
put. I could have climbed him I suppose but that seemed a bit excessive at the time. I suppose, in this case the damn mountain blocked Mohammed.

Eh, c'est la vie. I still enjoyed myself even if i was mainly peering from behind Goliath's neck from the fourth or so row. Yes, chivalry is dead, knew that already. :roll:

So, not all San Franciscans are too cool (I am not a local but i am a loon regardless of where i am living) and some of us do appreciate a bit of fun,
hijinks, and shenanigans.