Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Iwillnotgrowup
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Iwillnotgrowup » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Watergirl wrote:I'm jealous, iwillnotgrowup! I have yet to experience one of Bruce's full album shows.
It was incredible from the start of the album to the finish, personal highlights were Factory (love that song), Racing In The Street, Streets of Fire (both perfect) and Prove It All Night (Nils did some spinning, play the guitar with his teeth solo thing which was out of this world) . It is probably my favourite Boss album so I was ecstatic.

User avatar
Blonde
Posts: 2089
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Blonde » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:22 am

Tonight I'm off to see Bruce Springsteen!

SB
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by SB » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Blonde wrote:Tonight I'm off to see Bruce Springsteen!
Without. Me.

<unhappy face>

User avatar
Watergirl
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Watergirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Do let us know how Bruce was, Blonde!

I saw the Gaslight Anthem on Tuesday. Strange one. I have two of their CDs and like their music. The gig was at the Dublin Olympia, which is kind of my Astoria. I have seen so many great bands there over the years. Brian Fallon does have a fantastic voice, they played a Dylan and a Ramones cover, the sound was good, people around me were enthusiastic and yet I couldn't really get into it. It was okay, but I have the feeling that I am missing something, since so many people rave about them. I wouldn't be in a rush to see them again.
872 1064/84/87/88 1133/34/84/85 *1216* 1257/81/82 1307/08/09/10 1364 1444/45/46/63 1527/29/30/43/45 1621/22/23/97/98 *1700* 1704/82/84/85/86 1808/29/30/31/76/77 1958/77/97/99 *2000* 2076/87 2153/54 2174/75/76/77/78 2254/55 2339/40/41/42/43/55/58/76 2425

User avatar
marowak
Posts: 3543
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Lancing
Contact:

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by marowak » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Watergirl wrote:I have the feeling that I am missing something, since so many people rave about them. I wouldn't be in a rush to see them again.
I saw them once - Frank supported and I left after 3-4 of their songs ... not a fan
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

Iwillnotgrowup
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Iwillnotgrowup » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Blonde wrote:Tonight I'm off to see Bruce Springsteen!
What a set-list.... Born To Run album in full.... You lucky, lucky person!!

Iwillnotgrowup
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Iwillnotgrowup » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:11 pm

marowak wrote:
Watergirl wrote:I have the feeling that I am missing something, since so many people rave about them. I wouldn't be in a rush to see them again.
I saw them once - Frank supported and I left after 3-4 of their songs ... not a fan
Each to their own. I fuckin' love em. In my opinion a great live act and their last album is amazing.

User avatar
valderie
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:58 am
Location: new york city

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by valderie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:42 pm

^ i know a lot of people who arent enchanted by gaslight (they think they're good but just kinda meh), and those (like me) who are completely under their spell. i dont think ive ever met someone in between actually!

anyway my next gig is tomorrow! my friends in Patent Pending are home from Download Fest and an little UK tour finally and doing a hometown long island show, should be nice :D

User avatar
Blonde
Posts: 2089
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Blonde » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:53 am

Springsteen was fantastic. I was so happy that we got Born To Run in full which he dedicated to James Gandolfini (its my fave album out of the ones I've heard). We were stood near some awesome people and we all ended up dancing together to Pay Me My Money Down.

The guy with the "Can I have a man hug" sign got pulled up onstage first and got a man hug off Bruce. And the person with the "I'd look good playing your guitar" sign got to prove it at the end as they played Bruce's guitar whilst he grabbed another one and played alongside them.

Heres the full setlist:

The Ghost of Tom Joad
(Solo acoustic)
Long Walk Home
My Love Will Not Let You Down
Two Hearts
(Sign request, sign actually said "Play anything")
Seeds
(Sign request)
Trapped
(Jimmy Cliff cover) (Sign request)
Long Time Comin'
(Sign request, Full band debut)
Wrecking Ball
Death to My Hometown
Hungry Heart
The River
(Sign request)

Born To Run album - dedicated to James Gandolfini

Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Night
Backstreets
Born to Run
She's the One
Meeting Across the River
Jungleland

Pay Me My Money Down
Shackled and Drawn
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Lonesome Day
Badlands

Encore:
We Are Alive
Born in the U.S.A.
Bobby Jean
Dancing in the Dark
Raise Your Hand
Eddie Floyd cover)
American Land

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-spr ... 9384a.html

SB
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by SB » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:37 am

I bloody love Gaslight. Very torn as both Gaslight Anthem and Larry and His Flask are playing shows the week I am in NYC. And I am CRAP at making decisions.

User avatar
valderie
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:58 am
Location: new york city

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by valderie » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:24 pm

SB wrote:I bloody love Gaslight. Very torn as both Gaslight Anthem and Larry and His Flask are playing shows the week I am in NYC. And I am CRAP at making decisions.
we discussed this! i think theyre playing the same night as the gaslight show im going to in manhattan (if im not mistaken theres 2 that weekend). if i had known LAHF would be in town i wouldnt have bought the gaslight tix as im seeing them again in september. but, ah well

SB
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by SB » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:17 pm

We did talk about it Valerie! Gaslight are playing two dates, one clashes with LAHF and the other with some bearded bloke that we're going to see in Poughkeepsie.

Life!

Iwillnotgrowup
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Iwillnotgrowup » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:53 am

Blonde wrote:Springsteen was fantastic. I was so happy that we got Born To Run in full which he dedicated to James Gandolfini (its my fave album out of the ones I've heard). We were stood near some awesome people and we all ended up dancing together to Pay Me My Money Down.

The guy with the "Can I have a man hug" sign got pulled up onstage first and got a man hug off Bruce. And the person with the "I'd look good playing your guitar" sign got to prove it at the end as they played Bruce's guitar whilst he grabbed another one and played alongside them.

Heres the full setlist:

The Ghost of Tom Joad
(Solo acoustic)
Long Walk Home
My Love Will Not Let You Down
Two Hearts
(Sign request, sign actually said "Play anything")
Seeds
(Sign request)
Trapped
(Jimmy Cliff cover) (Sign request)
Long Time Comin'
(Sign request, Full band debut)
Wrecking Ball
Death to My Hometown
Hungry Heart
The River
(Sign request)

Born To Run album - dedicated to James Gandolfini

Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Night
Backstreets
Born to Run
She's the One
Meeting Across the River
Jungleland

Pay Me My Money Down
Shackled and Drawn
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Lonesome Day
Badlands

Encore:
We Are Alive
Born in the U.S.A.
Bobby Jean
Dancing in the Dark
Raise Your Hand
Eddie Floyd cover)
American Land

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-spr ... 9384a.html

We got Darkness On The Edge of Town at Wembley. One of my favourite Bruce albums and it was amazing to hear it from start to finish!!

I reckon that there is a good possibility that we will get The Born In The USA album in full at Hard Rock Calling next Sunday!!

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by darlenet. » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 am

The past few weeks have been awesome. Bonnaroo was a bucket list item, and was all I could have hoped for. Favorite Acts: Paul McCartney, Frank Turner, Two Gallants, Twenty-One Pilots, Wu Tang Clan, Wake Owl, Of Monsters and Men.

Finally saw Fake Problems (with The Menzingers) as for two years that has never worked out. They were full of energy, though the venue's air conditioning was out.

Fall Out Boy was an unexpected surprise. They put on a great show, much better than I remember them.

Big news, just nailed down tix for Rancid in September, which I am over the moon about!
shows? 90 so far...

mrdh
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by mrdh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Saw Muse in Bern just over a week ago. Very disappointed - left before the end.

Either - they had an off night or I was expecting too much (everyone has raved about them) or it just wasn't for me.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest