Page 227 of 319

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:46 am
by Kenny
The Xcerts w/Cars On Fire and The Computers on Saturday @ Fleece, Bristol. Shaping up to be an awesome gig.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:59 pm
by Matt09H
Just saw that Rival Schools are back in London in mid-November...Hoxton Bar & fluffy kitten on 16th Nov...

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:02 am
by tiffiny
Rags wrote:
h26 wrote:it's back down to earth again after saturday's spectular muse gig....
My neck took 2 days to recover. When they started playing Bliss my 2 friends and I went crazy
I really had no idea what you meant here until I saw them on Saturday. I was on the rail and thought it might be a less painful show from the back.

Saw james last night and was floored. One of my favorite bands ever and the best show I've been to all year. They're so unknown in these parts that they only come out once in a blue moon. If I had more leave time and money I'd love to follow them across the states.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:58 am
by Lexapalooza
Matt09H wrote:Just saw that Rival Schools are back in London in mid-November...Hoxton Bar & fluffy kitten on 16th Nov...
I MIGHT be going to this. Maybe.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 am
by Matt09H
Lexapalooza wrote:
Matt09H wrote:Just saw that Rival Schools are back in London in mid-November...Hoxton Bar & fluffy kitten on 16th Nov...
I MIGHT be going to this. Maybe.
There's a pre-sale tomorrow morning...gonna get tickets then..

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:12 am
by Lexapalooza
Matt09H wrote:
Lexapalooza wrote:
Matt09H wrote:Just saw that Rival Schools are back in London in mid-November...Hoxton Bar & fluffy kitten on 16th Nov...
I MIGHT be going to this. Maybe.
There's a pre-sale tomorrow morning...gonna get tickets then..
I have no money. None. But someone offered to try and get me in, so I am waiting on that. Not holding my breath, but quietly hoping all the same. Saw them last time, and have seen them a few times before that, so I wont be distraught if it doesnt work out, but I do really want to go.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 am
by Matt09H
[/quote]

I have no money. None. But someone offered to try and get me in, so I am waiting on that. Not holding my breath, but quietly hoping all the same. Saw them last time, and have seen them a few times before that, so I wont be distraught if it doesnt work out, but I do really want to go.[/quote]

Same for me...saw them a load of times and then again last year when they supported Offspring at Brixton...pretty keen to go. Hoping for some new songs...the ones they played last year were off the unreleased album but with new names..haven't heard the new single yet...

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:52 am
by Lexapalooza
That unreleased second album has been knocking about for years. I hope that isnt the one they are releasing, as it isnt all that. They played a few new ones at Kings College a couple of years back, and I cant say I was hugely impressed, but I wouldnt judge them on that performance alone as they were dropped into a set of sing-a-long favourites

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:28 am
by newmy
I saw them supporting Deftones a few years back and found them exceedingly dull [/controversial]

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 pm
by Matt09H
Lexapalooza wrote:That unreleased second album has been knocking about for years. I hope that isnt the one they are releasing, as it isnt all that. They played a few new ones at Kings College a couple of years back, and I cant say I was hugely impressed, but I wouldnt judge them on that performance alone as they were dropped into a set of sing-a-long favourites
I was at that one too...the ones they played were new versions off tracks off that unreleased album with new titles....hoping for some brand new ones...they've certainly had some time to come up with a few....

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 pm
by Lexapalooza
Matt09H wrote:
Lexapalooza wrote:That unreleased second album has been knocking about for years. I hope that isnt the one they are releasing, as it isnt all that. They played a few new ones at Kings College a couple of years back, and I cant say I was hugely impressed, but I wouldnt judge them on that performance alone as they were dropped into a set of sing-a-long favourites
I was at that one too...the ones they played were new versions off tracks off that unreleased album with new titles....hoping for some brand new ones...they've certainly had some time to come up with a few....
I was told last year that they are working on brand new stuff...or now that I think about it that might have been about Walter's solo stuff...hmmmm...to be fair, I was talking to one of my musical heroes and pretty drunk at the time, so my memory is hazy....but I believe they are reworking the better material of the unreleased album, and also some new stuff...although I hardly believe myself now, so don't take that as gospel

Are you coming to Lexapalooza?

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:43 pm
by Matt09H
Lexapalooza wrote:
I was told last year that they are working on brand new stuff...or now that I think about it that might have been about Walter's solo stuff...hmmmm...to be fair, I was talking to one of my musical heroes and pretty drunk at the time, so my memory is hazy....but I believe they are reworking the better material of the unreleased album, and also some new stuff...although I hardly believe myself now, so don't take that as gospel

Are you coming to Lexapalooza?
I might get round to listening to the new single later..it's streaming on a couple of sites...

Yes..coming down Saturday..looking forward to it..

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:09 pm
by Lexapalooza
Matt09H wrote:
Yes..coming down Saturday..looking forward to it..
Excellent work. Make sure you bring everybody you have ever met, ever.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm
by Matt09H
Lexapalooza wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
Yes..coming down Saturday..looking forward to it..
Excellent work. Make sure you bring everybody you have ever met, ever.
Trying to get a few people down...will at least be me and my girlfriend..I think that's a whole 1 percent of the Flowerpot's capacity though...

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 am
by Lexapalooza
Holy crap! Rival Schools is sold out already!