Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Norris

Post by Norris » Sat May 29, 2010 4:06 am

Double post
Last edited by Norris on Sat May 29, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norris

Post by Norris » Sat May 29, 2010 4:07 am

Jethro wrote:Los Campesinos! are supposed to put on a good live show,
They clash with Villagers, and I've seen them already this month.
Blonde wrote:... and Johnny Foreigner.
Hate to break it to you, but JoFo have had to pull out, replaced by Sky Larkin.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sat May 29, 2010 8:08 pm

Nooooooooooooooo.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon May 31, 2010 11:34 am

Norris, who did you end up seeing at Dot to Dot then and what did you think to them? I got to see quite a lot thanks to the venues all being next to each other.

Matt09H

Post by Matt09H » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 am

Saw Sunny Day Real Estate last night at the Forum..amazing...

Biffy Clyro played a secret acoustic set as support...

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 am

Matt09H wrote:Biffy Clyro played a secret acoustic set as support...
Jealous.
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 am

Matt09H wrote:Saw Sunny Day Real Estate last night at the Forum..amazing...

Had tickets for this but as it was rearranged couldn't justify the time out of studying to go. Shame.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Matt09H wrote:Saw Sunny Day Real Estate last night at the Forum..amazing...

Can't believe I missed it. Didn't even know they were playing.
Stu

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:14 pm

So did acoustic Biffy sound good?

Matt09H

Post by Matt09H » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Blonde wrote:So did acoustic Biffy sound good?
I've got pretty much zero knowledge of the band and had never consciously heard them before...although I did recognise the last song called Mountains...they were pretty good though...

It was all kept pretty secret til the last minute. The ticket agencies emailed everyone who had a ticket telling them to get there early as there'd be a special support which they couldn't announce beforehand..I had no idea they were massive...

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Matt09H wrote:
I've got pretty much zero knowledge of the band and had never consciously heard them before...although I did recognise the last song called Mountains...they were pretty good though...

It was all kept pretty secret til the last minute. The ticket agencies emailed everyone who had a ticket telling them to get there early as there'd be a special support which they couldn't announce beforehand..I had no idea they were massive...
Biffy - for reasons beyond my comprehension - are playing Wembley Arena. They're huge. Totally passed me by. Makes me wonder whether I should have actually watched them on the number of occasions I had a chance to.

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Evan wrote:
Matt09H wrote:

Biffy - for reasons beyond my comprehension - are playing Wembley Arena. They're huge. Totally passed me by. Makes me wonder whether I should have actually watched them on the number of occasions I had a chance to.
They used to be very good live, nowadays not so much. New stuff is dire.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Pete wrote:
Evan wrote:
Matt09H wrote: I've got pretty much zero knowledge of the band and had never consciously heard them before...although I did recognise the last song called Mountains...they were pretty good though...

They used to be very good live, nowadays not so much. New stuff is dire.
It all sounds like the soundtrack to Sesame Street to me. Think I am just a teeny bit too old to "get it".

Matt09H

Post by Matt09H » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Evan wrote:[
Think I am just a teeny bit too old to "get it".
That's the feeling I'm getting listening to it on Spotify today....acoustic last night it sounded quite different and they had some good songs...

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Matt09H wrote:
Evan wrote:[
Think I am just a teeny bit too old to "get it".
That's the feeling I'm getting listening to it on Spotify today....acoustic last night it sounded quite different and they had some good songs...
Yup. They are neither pop enough, nor rock enough to interest me. It's all just quite bland to my ears. No balls. Nothing new or exciting. And I wish they'd put their fucking shirts on.