Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:21 pm

tosh wrote:
Nick wrote:But they're sooo boring...
oh wheesht Nick. You're just out to disagree with me!
No I'm not!

And so on. But...

newmy wrote:I went into the gig thinking that I would get very bored with them. I couldn't have been more wrong.
See, I actually have seen them. At one of these magical sunsets gigs where there are faeries everywhere and the crowd turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

It was boring.
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:42 am

newmy wrote:I went into the gig thinking that I would get very bored with them. I couldn't have been more wrong.
See, I actually have seen them. At one of these magical sunsets gigs where there are faeries everywhere and the crowd turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

It was boring.[/quote]

Me too. At Latitude. Total snore-fest.

newmy

Post by newmy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:05 am

Much as I delight in this cynicism, I still disagree that they're a boring live band.

Ah well, I guess some people just don't have the developed emotions to know beautiful music when they see/hear it... 8) :lol:

tosh

Post by tosh » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Just a simple matter of opinion at the end of the day. I can see why people don't like them, however a biased opinion this is though; I don't see how people can think they're boring live. Perhaps not to some peoples taste, but they have fantastic light shows, lots going on etc - just don't see how they're boring.
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:40 pm

They are boring because the music is boring.

Anyway, on a different note, stage times for ATP in a couple of weeks have been releases and now I am extremely excited

Tony

Post by Tony » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:46 pm

Yesterday I saw Jeffrey Lewis play two sets at the Windmill. The first gig sold out so they added an early evening show. A friend was supposed to support for the 1st show only but he ended up opening the 2nd show as well.

It was a great night, and Jeffrey Lewis was a really nice guy as well.

Next gigs for me are, Hell is for Heroes on Thursday. Then maybe Far on Friday (friends are going, i'm not sure). Or I may just go to a local gig and see "This is the Kit".

After that I have Billy Bragg on the 8th, Mozzy Green (last ever gig) on the 9th, Jeniferever (although that clashes with my work Xmas meal, so maybe not) on the 12th. Possibly Dave Cronenbergs Wife and MJ Hibbert at the Windmill on the 17th.

Then there is where I buggered up and failed to get tickets.

The Broken Family Band on the 18th.
Frank on the 19th.

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Nick Cave on Sunday.
ATP the weekend after.
Slipknot possibly next Tuesday.
Frank on the 19th (obviously - although giving this Saturday a miss as I cant be ringed)
Need to get tickets for Guttermouth and New Model Army.

Just booked a gig for Kill Chaos at the Bull and Gate in February.

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Evan wrote:Nick Cave on Sunday.
ATP the weekend after.
Slipknot possibly next Tuesday.
Frank on the 19th (obviously - although giving this Saturday a miss as I cant be ringed)
Need to get tickets for Guttermouth and New Model Army.

Just booked a gig for Kill Chaos at the Bull and Gate in February.
Ah, i remember our conversations about Slipknot one of the first times we met!

I think you should come on Saturday...

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:11 pm

Pete wrote: I think you should come on Saturday...
I have two very solid reasons why I am not going...

1. I need to save my money for ATP and Christmas, which will go out the window once the beer starts flowing and I am surrounded by people like yourself.
2. Fancy dress can fuck off.

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:16 pm

1) G'wan

2) Fancy dress can indeed fuck off. I have not told the people coming with me it's fancy dress so we will all look like miserable fucks, not just me

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:29 pm

No.

Marta

Post by Marta » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:43 pm

How many times a year do you get to see Nick Cave?!
Jealous.

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:59 pm

Marta wrote:

How many times a year do you get to see Nick Cave?!
Jealous.
This will be twice with The Bad Seeds for me, but I also saw Grinderman who were MUCH better than the Bad Seeds for me

benb

Post by benb » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 pm

My last ever Hell is for Heroes gig tomorrow and i've got the worst cold i've had for years, this fucking sucks. Wouldn't miss the gig for the world though.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:13 pm

Same (gig that is). Tonight, at Bush Hall. Never been, hope it's an okay venue. Will still be seeing them a couple more times before the end.