Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:17 am

RANCID TONIGHT!!!!

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Evan wrote:RANCID TONIGHT!!!!
I can't fucking wait!!!

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:14 pm

I am genuinely excited...so much so I am having trouble thinking what to eat as I am full of butterflies

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:31 pm

I wasn't actually that upset about missing it but you guys are making me jealous, stop it!

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:23 pm

FOOOOOOOL!!!!

eyeexam

Post by eyeexam » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:29 pm

i saw them in birmingham on tuesday, they were shit hot. so fucking good.
im going to the london gig on sunday as well, cant wait.

i repeat. they were fucking amazing.
and drive all night 'till the break of dawn

eyeexam

Post by eyeexam » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:34 pm

actually i also have to say that the last portion of Old Friend is probably the best thing committed to disc ever

Somewhere in the city at night....
we were far from home...
... but you know.... it's gonna be alright!!!

the unfortunate get preyed on by vultures eyes
86 cents in these pockets of mine
you can take my money you can take my time
butcha cant take my heart its in the city behind!
and drive all night 'till the break of dawn

tosh

Post by tosh » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:43 pm

up and coming:

6.12.08 - Twin Atlantic, Glasgow
9.12.08 - Frightened Rabbit, Glasgow
16.12.08 - The Game, Edinburgh
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

HairyChris444

Post by HairyChris444 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:09 pm

Evan wrote:RANCID TONIGHT!!!!
Haha, I was downstairs from you at the Paul Gilbert gig.... That sort of thing isn't normally my cup of tea but I do like that guy.
Pants by M&S. Tea by Tesco. Specs by Specsaver. Drugs by Milpharm.

Gigs seen: #1, ALL OTHERS ARE IRRELEVANT!

newmy

Post by newmy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:54 am

Just got home after seeing Sigur Ros in London at the Alexandra Palace.

AMAZING.

I've never really been that into them, and knew a few of the songs, but bugger me sideways....that was one of the most mind-blowing shows I've ever seen. Some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard, it just invades your senses and it actually did make me cry at various points - this almost felt like a purely physical response, like, the music was so powerful and surrounding that it just pulled the tears from my eyes.

His voice is incredible, I've never heard anything like it ever.

Immense, what else can I say. The "rain", the "snow", the lights, the visuals and the ticker tape...all complimented the music and just made this a truly incredible experience to treasure. Except for the 2 gunts behind us who were chatting shit the whole fucking time. I don't know why people like that would go to a gig like this, they clearly weren't really listening to or appreciating the amazingness unfolding before them, and to be honest, people like that simply do not deserve music like this. It makes me irate. And to top it off, one of them was doing a Vicky Pollard impression...Really? Really?[\i] Come on man for fuck's sake, that show was funny for a very short time about 4 years ago, then it just became excrutiatingly tiresome, and shouting its catch phrases doubley tiresome, and shouting its catch phrases throughout this incredibly beatiful music triply tiresome. Not to mention disrespectful to all the people around who were actually there to listen to the music. I was going to tell them to shut the fuck up, but I knew with a pair of halfwits like this it would have been met with some equally vicky pollard esque back chat, so I just left it. I really did want to tell them how fucking irate they were making me, and a sgnificant number of other people standing around.

I was also quite happy (selfishly) that a surprisingly large number of people started filtering out after they'd played the really well known one that's been the emotional scene and bbc soundtrack since its release, as it meant it was less rammed. Although the 2 cretins unfortunately didn't leave at this point, much to my dissapointment.

But anyway, it was fucknig amazing nonetheless.

Next time I want to see them outside, in summer, with a massive sunset.

tosh

Post by tosh » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:45 am

I just preached about them in a different thread not any longer than 20 seconds ago - but can probably agree with most of what you just said. There were plenty areseholes at the Glasgow gig too - and admittedly for the full effect, you have to see the gig outside at a festival, or at a similar setting.

Essentially, I can't imagine any other band ever being able to move an audience in the way that they do. There were only 4 of them on this tour, yet the effect never suffered once, it was fantastic.
Barry wrote:
I'm out

newmy

Post by newmy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:45 am

Essentially, I can't imagine any other band ever being able to move an audience in the way that they do. There were only 4 of them on this tour, yet the effect never suffered once, it was fantastic.
Totally. I thought they might sound quite bare with just 4 of them, but honestly when they came out and played I was astonshed at the wall of sound that 4 people can make. Truly breathtaking.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:47 pm

But they're sooo boring...
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

tosh

Post by tosh » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Nick wrote:But they're sooo boring...
oh wheesht Nick. You're just out to disagree with me!
Barry wrote:
I'm out

newmy

Post by newmy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:55 pm

Nick wrote:But they're sooo boring...
I went into the gig thinking that I would get very bored with them. I couldn't have been more wrong.