Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
benb
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Post by benb » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:29 pm

teamescape wrote:
benb wrote:b) my phone wont get stolen again.
Fingers crossed. Get one of those "fashionable with dads everywhere in the 90s" phone-belt clips.
Haha that wouldn't be a bad idea. Gig was great, sound was nigh on perfect and the band have clearly gotten much tighter (or back to their usual standards) throughout the tour. And they played Mothership. AND more importantly I still have a phone.

In other news I just found out The King Blues are playing The Square in Harlow which is fucking tiny (i'm pretty sure MD played there) on Friday and I have it off work so am going, haven't been to the Square in years so should be a great night.

User avatar
Lucy
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: West London
Contact:

Post by Lucy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Exit Ten have just announced a headline tour of which I'm going to go to a few dates of. Anyone else like them at all?

User avatar
Gale
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:17 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Contact:

Post by Gale » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Lucy wrote:Exit Ten have just announced a headline tour of which I'm going to go to a few dates of. Anyone else like them at all?
i LOVE exit ten.
No scottish Date though.

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Exit Ten are pretty good yeah. I'll probably be seeing them in Reading. Last time they played the face bar here was about 2-3 years ago and it was absolutely rammed.

User avatar
Lucy
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: West London
Contact:

Post by Lucy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:25 pm

Gale wrote:
Lucy wrote:Exit Ten have just announced a headline tour of which I'm going to go to a few dates of. Anyone else like them at all?
i LOVE exit ten.
No scottish Date though.
That's a shame
They still have a couple more dates to announce though so fingers crossed!

User avatar
Norris
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Norris » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:18 pm

benb wrote: In other news I just found out The King Blues are playing The Square in Harlow which is fucking tiny.
Similar situation, found out yesterday that they're playing The Croft in Bristol on Saturday night - surely the last time they'll be playing such a tiny venue. Snapped up the last ticket in Bristol Ticket Shop as well. Also sorted out Hell Is For Heroes tickets while I was there. Result.[/quote]

ravi
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:12 pm
Location: northwest london/cardiff uni

Post by ravi » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:30 am

I saw Rancid last night.


I'm happy.



So very happy.
BenMD wrote: and really...who cares about Frank Turner?
Pete wrote:I like your husband.

User avatar
benb
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Post by benb » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:42 am

Norris wrote:
benb wrote: In other news I just found out The King Blues are playing The Square in Harlow which is fucking tiny.
Similar situation, found out yesterday that they're playing The Croft in Bristol on Saturday night - surely the last time they'll be playing such a tiny venue. Snapped up the last ticket in Bristol Ticket Shop as well. Also sorted out Hell Is For Heroes tickets while I was there. Result.
Just got back from the gig, was a great show, seemed to be a fairly even mix of hardcore fans and newcomers which was nice, I got the banner they spray paint on before the show and was completely uncontested for it, can't imagine that happening too often in the future. Did the standard set, no surprises but it was nice to see them play a small venue, i'd forgotten quite how small that place was. Also, kudos on the HIFH ticket, the London show is my next gig, both :) and :( for it.

User avatar
Kirsty
Posts: 1719
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:32 am
Location: Hadfield
Contact:

Post by Kirsty » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:52 am

Seeing them in Manc next weekend, then the London gig, then maybe the Brum gig (not sure yet), then Glasgow. Really looking forward to them, but also sad to know they're the last gigs.

Tony
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Tony » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:31 pm

Yesterday afternoon I picked up a batch of tickets for Jeff Lewis at the Windmill, as I knew it would sell out really quickly and I have a number of friends who love Jeff. I told one friend to enquire about a support slot.

He hs just bseen confirmed as support. Should be an excellent gig.

ravi
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:12 pm
Location: northwest london/cardiff uni

Post by ravi » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Tony wrote:Yesterday afternoon I picked up a batch of tickets for Jeff Lewis at the Windmill, as I knew it would sell out really quickly and I have a number of friends who love Jeff. I told one friend to enquire about a support slot.

He hs just bseen confirmed as support. Should be an excellent gig.
a friend of mine is playing in jeff's band, his name is Nic he has long brown hair and looks and smells like a dirty hippy and he's really awesome, go say hi from me please.
BenMD wrote: and really...who cares about Frank Turner?
Pete wrote:I like your husband.

Tony
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Tony » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:11 pm

ravi wrote:
Tony wrote:Yesterday afternoon I picked up a batch of tickets for Jeff Lewis at the Windmill, as I knew it would sell out really quickly and I have a number of friends who love Jeff. I told one friend to enquire about a support slot.

He hs just bseen confirmed as support. Should be an excellent gig.
a friend of mine is playing in jeff's band, his name is Nic he has long brown hair and looks and smells like a dirty hippy and he's really awesome, go say hi from me please.
Why don't you come along? The inital batch of tickets sold out but they've added another batch on wegottickets.

http://wegottickets.com/event/39208

I've seen Jeffrey Lewis live quite a few times, last time was at the Scala, it will be great seeing him back at the Windmill with a more intimate feel with his comics.

ravi
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:12 pm
Location: northwest london/cardiff uni

Post by ravi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:25 am

Tony wrote:
ravi wrote:
Tony wrote:Yesterday afternoon I picked up a batch of tickets for Jeff Lewis at the Windmill, as I knew it would sell out really quickly and I have a number of friends who love Jeff. I told one friend to enquire about a support slot.

He hs just bseen confirmed as support. Should be an excellent gig.
a friend of mine is playing in jeff's band, his name is Nic he has long brown hair and looks and smells like a dirty hippy and he's really awesome, go say hi from me please.
Why don't you come along? The inital batch of tickets sold out but they've added another batch on wegottickets.

http://wegottickets.com/event/39208

I've seen Jeffrey Lewis live quite a few times, last time was at the Scala, it will be great seeing him back at the Windmill with a more intimate feel with his comics.
not in london at the time :( , though i would, i dont have any of his records but i've seen him twice and he was fantastic.
BenMD wrote: and really...who cares about Frank Turner?
Pete wrote:I like your husband.

User avatar
HairyChris444
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:43 am

Post by HairyChris444 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Paul Gilbert on Friday.

Yay for insanely fast guitar playing and bad clothes!
Pants by M&S. Tea by Tesco. Specs by Specsaver. Drugs by Milpharm.

Gigs seen: #1, ALL OTHERS ARE IRRELEVANT!

User avatar
tosh
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by tosh » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Image

The picture house, Edinburgh, 16.12.08

hahahaha, can't actually effing wait.
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests