Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:38 am

Prester John wrote:
Evan wrote:Going to see The Supersuckers tonight. Really very excited.
Did they temporarily split a few years back? 'Evil powers of rock 'n' roll' is amazing.
Not as far as I am aware. They've had a few line up changes and Eddie went solo for a while, but I wasnt aware they had split.

Fucking ace anyway. We had a peachy spot down the fron to the side. Could actually see everything, which is rare when you are my size. Didnt play everything I wanted, but did do an extended version of Born With A Tail, where everyone in the band did a bass solo - including the drummer who slapped the strings with a stick while still drumming (Eddie doing the chords etc). Really classy I felt.

Ben
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm

Post by Ben » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:48 pm

Battles are touring in May

16 London Scala
17 Sheffield The Corporation
18 Bristol The Cooler
19 All Tomorrow's Parties Minehead Butlins
20 Leeds Stylus Uni
22 Manchester Academy 2
23 Glasgow ABC2
24 Birmingham The Barfly
25 Dublin Temple Bar Music Centre

pretty much my favourite band right now, really really really REALLY good.

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Japan

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:55 pm

Ben wrote:Battles are touring in May

16 London Scala
17 Sheffield The Corporation
18 Bristol The Cooler
19 All Tomorrow's Parties Minehead Butlins
20 Leeds Stylus Uni
22 Manchester Academy 2
23 Glasgow ABC2
24 Birmingham The Barfly
25 Dublin Temple Bar Music Centre

pretty much my favourite band right now, really really really REALLY good.

Their B/C EP thing was a bit hit or miss for me. But I'm going to go see them, since I missed them last time, and they're meant to be incredible live.
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

martin
Posts: 4066
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by martin » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:24 pm

Ben wrote: pretty much my favourite band right now, really really really REALLY good.

really?
"they cant even read what their selling, dirty bastards"

Ben
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm

Post by Ben » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 pm

rly

User avatar
Bob
Posts: 1480
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:25 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Post by Bob » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:46 am

i prefer 'battle'

LoloL

martin
Posts: 4066
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by martin » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:09 pm

Ben wrote:rly
dbtbl
"they cant even read what their selling, dirty bastards"

User avatar
rock_midget
Posts: 1395
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:21 am
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Post by rock_midget » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:47 pm

The police have confirmed that they are doing a reunion tour. Precise dates outside the US haven't been confirmed yet, but I have managed to find out that it's
England & Europe in September & October
Which makes Libran me very happy.
***ROCK MIDGETS.COM***
...size matters...
http://www.rockmidgets.com
http://www.myspace.com/rockmidgets
BenMD wrote:Whoop de fucking do. I didn't rape anyone last night. Someone give me a biscuit.

User avatar
Fezbob
Posts: 2578
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Post by Fezbob » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:52 pm

apparently the M.E.N. date for The Police is going to be the 1st of September, me and a mate are going :D

User avatar
ninja_turtle
Posts: 3296
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Post by ninja_turtle » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:36 am

who needs sting when......


Reuben are in newcastle the friday before my birthday :D

tue 18 BRIGHTON Concorde 2
wed 19 PORTSMOUTH Wedgewood Rooms
fri 21 NEWCASTLE Academy 2
sat 22 INVERNESS Ironworks
sun 23 GLASGOW Garage
mon 24 MANCHESTER Academy 3
tue 25 BIRMINGHAM Academy 2
wed 26 BRISTOL Academy
fri 28 OXFORD Zodiac
sat 29 LONDON Mean Fiddler

User avatar
rock_midget
Posts: 1395
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:21 am
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Post by rock_midget » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:42 pm

ninja_turtle wrote:who needs sting when......

Reuben are in newcastle the friday before my birthday :D
When's your birthday?
***ROCK MIDGETS.COM***
...size matters...
http://www.rockmidgets.com
http://www.myspace.com/rockmidgets
BenMD wrote:Whoop de fucking do. I didn't rape anyone last night. Someone give me a biscuit.

User avatar
ninja_turtle
Posts: 3296
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Post by ninja_turtle » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:46 pm

september 24th

probably should've mentioned that those reuben dates are in september come to think of it.

mx
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:49 pm
Location: London, South

Post by mx » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Kill Kenada - Friday 16th Feb, Half Moon pub, Herne Hill, London.

Yes yes.
18/11/05, 20/01/06, 14/06/06, 08/08/06, 16/12/06, 27/01/07, 13/02/07, 15/02/07, 20/04/07, 22/05/07, 24/08/07, 20/09/07, 29/10/08, 19/12/08, 14/01/09, 10/10/09, 29/10/09, 19/12/09, 24/03/10, 12/12/10, 21/04/11, 01/07/11

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:20 pm

mx wrote:Half Moon pub, Herne Hill, London.
I played there once when I was about 15. The band on before us has a fight onstage after the singer downed (in one) a quart of whiskey in the opening bars of the first song. He then proceeded to thrash the stage until the bass player slapped him. It all descended into utter chaos within minutes. I reckon they made it about 8 minutes into their set before the singer leaped over the drums to attack the drummer and the gig was over. Amazing.

Prester John
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:29 am

Post by Prester John » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:25 pm

Evan wrote:
mx wrote:Half Moon pub, Herne Hill, London.
I played there once when I was about 15. The band on before us has a fight onstage after the singer downed (in one) a quart of whiskey in the opening bars of the first song. He then proceeded to thrash the stage until the bass player slapped him. It all descended into utter chaos within minutes. I reckon they made it about 8 minutes into their set before the singer leaped over the drums to attack the drummer and the gig was over. Amazing.
Remember the name of the band?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests