Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Blonde

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Blonde » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 pm

On Friday I'm going to see Sigur Ros at Jodrell Bank.

What's the Icelandic for "giant fucking telescope"?

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:07 pm

The non Frank shows I've been to are:

My Chemical Romance x2
Panic At The Disco
Boyzone
Jim Lockey and The Solemn Sun x2
Tim Barry
Ben Marwood
Emily Barker (instore at my local record store)
Evanescence
And various bands at 2 Leeds Festival days (2011 and 2013)

The rest of the year I've got 2 Jim Lockey and The Solemn Sun shows, and Ben Marwood. Still hoping I can get to Emily Barker's show in November and maybe Beans On Toast in September :)
Last edited by ScarletPlanetMoon on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com

valderie

Post by valderie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:24 pm

next weekend i have fall out boy with panic at the disco opening, and the gaslight anthem.
excited for gaslight as i was meant to see them twice in july (two days in a row) but couldn't go to either as my legs vetoed it.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:25 am

valderie wrote:next weekend i have fall out boy with panic at the disco opening, and the gaslight anthem.
excited for gaslight as i was meant to see them twice in july (two days in a row) but couldn't go to either as my legs vetoed it.
Awesome, Im seeing themSept. 28 in Atlanta. I'm seeing FOB and P!ATD for my daughter, but I ADORE Twenty-One Pilots, who are opening. I am listening to them constantly. Have a great time!!
shows? 90 so far...

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 am

I'm seeing Cory Branan on the 14th of September. Emily Barker recommended him to us Aussies, and I've been listening to him a lot.

He's from my home state! I'm wearing a Mississippi State sweatshirt to make him feel welcome. :) Go Dawgs!
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

mrdh

Post by mrdh » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Sat 24 August: Travis / Glen Hansard - Winterthur.
Fri 30 August: Arctic Monkeys / Franz Ferdinand / Tom Odell - Zurich
Sat 7 September: Die Toten Hosen & Frank - Mannheim
Sun 8 September: Paramore - Zurich
Sat 14 September: Status Quo - Zurich
Fri 20 & Sat 21 September: McFly 10th Anniversary concerts - Royal Albert Hall. London

:D

...then it goes quiet for a while

drinkthesunshinezine

Post by drinkthesunshinezine » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm going to see The Wave Pictures in Bristol in a couple of weeks, then Joe Summers a couple of weeks after that.
Behind The Scene Gloucestershire - a free monthly online music fanzine http://issuu.com/gloszine

Baudelaire

Post by Baudelaire » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:36 pm

Got the two Cribsmas shows in Leeds in December, and then wait for it... Limp Bizkit in Manchester in February hahaha. Couldn't pass up the chance to see Limp Bizkit, despite how terrible they may be.

moomin

Post by moomin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:07 pm

Baudelaire wrote:Got the two Cribsmas shows in Leeds in December, and then wait for it... Limp Bizkit in Manchester in February hahaha. Couldn't pass up the chance to see Limp Bizkit, despite how terrible they may be.
did you do the first Cribsmas?
Bit gutted I will miss the second lot but memory of the first I am sure will keep me going

Friends are awesome, they are keeping me gigging which means hopefully will be doing the Xtra Mile birthday gig
:mrgreen:

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:35 pm

moomin wrote:
Baudelaire wrote:Got the two Cribsmas shows in Leeds in December, and then wait for it... Limp Bizkit in Manchester in February hahaha. Couldn't pass up the chance to see Limp Bizkit, despite how terrible they may be.
Bit gutted I will miss the second lot but memory of the first I am sure will keep me going

Friends are awesome, they are keeping me gigging which means hopefully will be doing the Xtra Mile birthday gig
Hooray!!! See you there :) looking very forward to it!
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

valderie

Post by valderie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 pm

darlenet. wrote:
valderie wrote:next weekend i have fall out boy with panic at the disco opening, and the gaslight anthem.
Awesome, Im seeing themSept. 28 in Atlanta. I'm seeing FOB and P!ATD for my daughter, but I ADORE Twenty-One Pilots, who are opening. I am listening to them constantly. Have a great time!!
my friend bought meet and greet for FOB so we'll be there early (as she goes in and i hang around outside lol) so we will def see twenty one pilots! havent heard any of their stuff yet but ive seen a few people mention they enjoy them :)

moomin

Post by moomin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:28 am

Venomous_Bear wrote:
moomin wrote:

Hooray!!! See you there :) looking very forward to it!
ok another one I thought was doing Derry?
hey we could have that Sahara conversation

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:05 am

moomin wrote: ok another one I thought was doing Derry?
Yep! Are you asking if I am doing Derry and this? My flight leaves in ze wee hours from Stansted on Saturday morning, so I am doing a glorious journey from Camden all the way up to a hotel near Stansted (which... I shouldn't have even booked it, but it's a place to leave the luggage) after the Xtra mile shenanigans.

And yes! I shall bring my best flailing arms and summon forth either David or Richard Attenborough. If I have any cider, inevitably dinosaurs will come up as well. Apologies in advance.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

moomin

Post by moomin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:
moomin wrote: ok another one I thought was doing Derry?
Yep! Are you asking if I am doing Derry and this? My flight leaves in ze wee hours from Stansted on Saturday morning, so I am doing a glorious journey from Camden all the way up to a hotel near Stansted (which... I shouldn't have even booked it, but it's a place to leave the luggage) after the Xtra mile shenanigans.

And yes! I shall bring my best flailing arms and summon forth either David or Richard Attenborough. If I have any cider, inevitably dinosaurs will come up as well. Apologies in advance.
oh goody, am on a bit of a dino fix at the moment, suddenly loads of telebox programs on them and the discovery of feathers.

Anyway gigs
I like them

Baudelaire

Post by Baudelaire » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:54 pm

moomin wrote:

Unfortunately not, as I was only a young'n back then.