Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Evan wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
Evan wrote:
Yup. Queers is actually in the Boston Arms downstairs I believe, but same place really


Oh, and I am not going to Kyuss as Pete forgot to buy the tickets
I didn't realise it was the same venue...brings back some memories..

If you and Pete want 2 Kyuss tickets I've actually got 2 spares as my friends dropped out last week...

OoOoOoOoOoHHHH...maybe...I need to pay for Groezrock and the second night of Descendents first though
Cool...will hang on to them for the moment...if you don't want them I'll just sell them nearer the time or outside the venue...

Pretty jealous about Groezrock...will probably end up at a festival abroad somewhere over the summer though..

User avatar
marky mark
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Post by marky mark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:42 pm

Matt09H wrote:
marky mark wrote:The Xcerts this Thursday. Had kind of forgotten until they phoned today saying I had to collect my ticket from the box office. Which is handy as I think they would have sent them to the wrong address.

You get a ticket Matt?
I didn't get to this one in the end...was it any good? Will try and make the headline show there in April...

I'm going to see Mogwai tonight in Brixton...
Didn't go in the end either! Didn't finish seeing patients until late, hadn't eaten etc etc and didn't realise they were on so early until that morning.

First time I've bought a ticket to a gig and not been. Slippery slope from here now..

Maybeshewill next week though which should be ace. Not seen them in a while. And So I Watch You From Afar announced a show in April at Scala too. Very tempted.

Utterly pissed off that Slow Club, Rural Alberta Advantage and Tallest Man On Earth are ALL playing back to back nights the week of my finals. Bastards.

Evan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Evan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Matt09H wrote:
Pretty jealous about Groezrock...will probably end up at a festival abroad somewhere over the summer though..
And so you should be! I cannot wait. It;s my mate's stag do, and I am in charge of sorting everyone out. Lots of hmming and haaing right now, but three of us are confirmed and thats enough for me

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:46 pm

marky mark wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
marky mark wrote:The Xcerts this Thursday. Had kind of forgotten until they phoned today saying I had to collect my ticket from the box office. Which is handy as I think they would have sent them to the wrong address.

You get a ticket Matt?
I didn't get to this one in the end...was it any good? Will try and make the headline show there in April...

I'm going to see Mogwai tonight in Brixton...
Didn't go in the end either! Didn't finish seeing patients until late, hadn't eaten etc etc and didn't realise they were on so early until that morning.

First time I've bought a ticket to a gig and not been. Slippery slope from here now..

Maybeshewill next week though which should be ace. Not seen them in a while. And So I Watch You From Afar announced a show in April at Scala too. Very tempted.

Utterly pissed off that Slow Club, Rural Alberta Advantage and Tallest Man On Earth are ALL playing back to back nights the week of my finals. Bastards.
I ended up dropping out of a Chuck Ragan gig I'd bought tickets for last year cos a mate dropped out last minute and I didn't fancy a trek to the Windmill...it is indeed a slippery slope...

Some of those bands you mention are on at 2000 Trees again this year so will catch some of them there..I don't know Slow Club or Rural Alberta...will check them out on Spotify..Tallest Man On Earth was pretty good at Bush Hall last year...

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Evan wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
Pretty jealous about Groezrock...will probably end up at a festival abroad somewhere over the summer though..
And so you should be! I cannot wait. It;s my mate's stag do, and I am in charge of sorting everyone out. Lots of hmming and haaing right now, but three of us are confirmed and thats enough for me
I've gotta sort my stag do out too for this summer..although I'll get someone else to sort the details...would love to do something like that..I was looking at the line-up of Krazyfest in Kentucky but it'll probably end up costing too much with flights so might have to go for a UK stag do..

Evan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Evan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Matt09H wrote:
Evan wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
Pretty jealous about Groezrock...will probably end up at a festival abroad somewhere over the summer though..
And so you should be! I cannot wait. It;s my mate's stag do, and I am in charge of sorting everyone out. Lots of hmming and haaing right now, but three of us are confirmed and thats enough for me
I've gotta sort my stag do out too for this summer..although I'll get someone else to sort the details...would love to do something like that..I was looking at the line-up of Krazyfest in Kentucky but it'll probably end up costing too much with flights so might have to go for a UK stag do..
You're getting married? Congratulations dude! When is the big day?

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Evan wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
Evan wrote: And so you should be! I cannot wait. It;s my mate's stag do, and I am in charge of sorting everyone out. Lots of hmming and haaing right now, but three of us are confirmed and thats enough for me
I've gotta sort my stag do out too for this summer..although I'll get someone else to sort the details...would love to do something like that..I was looking at the line-up of Krazyfest in Kentucky but it'll probably end up costing too much with flights so might have to go for a UK stag do..
You're getting married? Congratulations dude! When is the big day?
Indeed...thanks! end of October...happening in Australia...just starting to sort it although we've booked the venue already...looks like a massive job!

Another Round
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: South London

Post by Another Round » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:29 pm

This morning I grabbed myself a ticket for Manchester Orchestra at XOYO in April. A well spent tenner I believe.
Kingston - 680, SBE - 730, Union Chapel - 770, Kingston 10 - 772, Glastonbury 2010 (Queens Head - 870 / Strummerville - 871), Roundhouse (iTunes 2010) - 881, Strummerville - 1000, Kingston 11 - 1031.

h26
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: derby

Post by h26 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:59 pm

ocean colour scene (playing moseley shoals) at birmingham academy tomorrow night

could any of you brummies (or anyone else, of course) recommend a pre-gig pub to watch the rugby in please ?

cheers !

User avatar
marowak
Posts: 3543
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Lancing
Contact:

Post by marowak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:57 am

i hear that OCS are splitting up - i thought they had a long time ago ...
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

Jethro
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Jethro » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:56 pm

marky mark wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
marky mark wrote:The Xcerts this Thursday. Had kind of forgotten until they phoned today saying I had to collect my ticket from the box office. Which is handy as I think they would have sent them to the wrong address.

You get a ticket Matt?
I didn't get to this one in the end...was it any good? Will try and make the headline show there in April...

I'm going to see Mogwai tonight in Brixton...
Didn't go in the end either! Didn't finish seeing patients until late, hadn't eaten etc etc and didn't realise they were on so early until that morning.

First time I've bought a ticket to a gig and not been. Slippery slope from here now..

Maybeshewill next week though which should be ace. Not seen them in a while. And So I Watch You From Afar announced a show in April at Scala too. Very tempted.
Xcerts were great, bit of a weird one because the venue was way bigger than anything they'd normally play and not many people seemed to give a fuck about them (stock still people on the front barrier do get on my tits, at least smile) but they played a bloody good set anyway. Ended on Hurt With Me with Murray walking up to the barrier and choking himself with the mic lead before about 20 odd Hurt With Me screams. Nice.

Maybeshewill are brill too and didn't know about ASIWYFA so cheers, although I already have 5 gigs planned for April and on student money I'm not sure I can stretch my wallet much further.

User avatar
longlivethefrank
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Post by longlivethefrank » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:00 pm

I saw the Xcerts on the tour too, very good.

User avatar
marky mark
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Post by marky mark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:14 pm

ASIWYFA are fantastic live; have seen them at least 6 times now. One of the best gigs I ever went to was MSW supporting them at the Good Ship.

If you don't know the venue, the stage is almost in a pit with enough space for about 30 people without anything seperating the crowd from the stage. Was a bit mental to say the least..

h26
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: derby

Post by h26 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 am

off to leicester tonight for detroit social club

User avatar
Karlol
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Post by Karlol » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:34 am

Saw Water Tower Bucket Boys last night. Holy crap, they were freakin' awesome, I need to see more bluegrass-esque bands. They did a stonking unplugged set afterwards due to such relentess shouting for more stuff, really nice guys too.
Think I may catch them tonight too

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests