Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
Lexapalooza
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Lexapalooza » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Matt09H wrote:
Lexapalooza wrote:Rival Schools tonight.
Going to this too...although I just noticed my ticket has a seat number which isn't a great sign!

Any idea who is supporting?
It's all standing I believe.

In Case Of Fire are supporting.

We are haring down for 8:15 so might see you in there (provided we actually get in).

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Lexapalooza wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
Lexapalooza wrote:Rival Schools tonight.
Going to this too...although I just noticed my ticket has a seat number which isn't a great sign!

Any idea who is supporting?
It's all standing I believe.

In Case Of Fire are supporting.

We are haring down for 8:15 so might see you in there (provided we actually get in).
They must just number the tickets with seats as some kind of reference. Glad to hear it's standing only..

Just listened on their myspace page...not overly impressed so far...

Probably getting there for 830ish...maybe see you there then...reckon you'll make it in...

Tension Head
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:02 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Tension Head » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Not into Rival Schools but jealous of anyone seeing In Case Of Fire tonight. Really jealous.

Tony
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Tony » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:04 pm

As mentioned earlier I missed out on tickets for last nights Rival Schools show.

But I AM going to get a ticket for this, no matter what.

TRAIL OF DEAD / RIVAL SCHOOLS Electric Ballroom Camden London FRI 15/04/2011

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Tony wrote:As mentioned earlier I missed out on tickets for last nights Rival Schools show.

But I AM going to get a ticket for this, no matter what.

TRAIL OF DEAD / RIVAL SCHOOLS Electric Ballroom Camden London FRI 15/04/2011
Just saw this too...on sale next week...

Last night was great...tons of new songs..actual new ones this time as well as some from the unreleased album that got leaked a while back..

Didn't watch much of In Case Of Fire...about a minute was enough to know they weren't my cup of tea...

User avatar
Lexapalooza
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Lexapalooza » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Matt09H wrote:
Tony wrote:As mentioned earlier I missed out on tickets for last nights Rival Schools show.

But I AM going to get a ticket for this, no matter what.

TRAIL OF DEAD / RIVAL SCHOOLS Electric Ballroom Camden London FRI 15/04/2011
Just saw this too...on sale next week...

Last night was great...tons of new songs..actual new ones this time as well as some from the unreleased album that got leaked a while back..

Didn't watch much of In Case Of Fire...about a minute was enough to know they weren't my cup of tea...
I thought Rival Schools were pretty good. Better than KCLSU by a million miles. Not overly impressed with the venue though.

Probably give the April tour a miss, as I despise the Electric Ballroom

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Lexapalooza wrote:
Matt09H wrote:
Tony wrote:As mentioned earlier I missed out on tickets for last nights Rival Schools show.

But I AM going to get a ticket for this, no matter what.

TRAIL OF DEAD / RIVAL SCHOOLS Electric Ballroom Camden London FRI 15/04/2011
Just saw this too...on sale next week...

Last night was great...tons of new songs..actual new ones this time as well as some from the unreleased album that got leaked a while back..

Didn't watch much of In Case Of Fire...about a minute was enough to know they weren't my cup of tea...
I thought Rival Schools were pretty good. Better than KCLSU by a million miles. Not overly impressed with the venue though.

Probably give the April tour a miss, as I despise the Electric Ballroom
Definitely a better set than at Kings College...

I agree about the venue....it was a good job that the stage is quite high cos I could barely get back in the room after I saw you...I had quite a good spot before that..

User avatar
Lexapalooza
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Lexapalooza » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Matt09H wrote: Definitely a better set than at Kings College...

I agree about the venue....it was a good job that the stage is quite high cos I could barely get back in the room after I saw you...I had quite a good spot before that..
Yeah, King's College was not great. Saw them at Donnington a couple of days later and it was much better.

Yup. Where you saw me, was the furthest I made it back in after going to the loo. Had a cracking spot to start with, but was foiled by my bladder

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Lexapalooza wrote:
Matt09H wrote: Definitely a better set than at Kings College...

I agree about the venue....it was a good job that the stage is quite high cos I could barely get back in the room after I saw you...I had quite a good spot before that..
Yeah, King's College was not great. Saw them at Donnington a couple of days later and it was much better.

Yup. Where you saw me, was the furthest I made it back in after going to the loo. Had a cracking spot to start with, but was foiled by my bladder
I got just inside the door....not the best spot!

User avatar
Lexapalooza
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Lexapalooza » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:55 pm

At least you aren't a fucking short ass. I was stood behind a giant. I could only see when he bent down to talk to his mate

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Lexapalooza wrote:At least you aren't a fucking short ass. I was stood behind a giant. I could only see when he bent down to talk to his mate
For about half the set there was a giant in front of me with a massive barnet. I had to lean to the right or left to see the stage but everytime I did he shifted on to the other foot and got in my way again...luckily he went to the bar in the end never to be seen again...

skhmmi
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by skhmmi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Lexapalooza wrote:At least you aren't a fucking short ass. I was stood behind a giant. I could only see when he bent down to talk to his mate
I take the view at gigs that if someone shorter than me is stood immediately behind me, I'll always let them go in front of me, as to do so impacts my viewing enjoyment in no way at all.

That said, as I've grown older I've become a lot less bothered about being up close to the performers, and am more content to stand in areas further back where there's lots of room to move around.

Matt09H
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Matt09H » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:00 pm

skhmmi wrote:
Lexapalooza wrote:At least you aren't a fucking short ass. I was stood behind a giant. I could only see when he bent down to talk to his mate
I take the view at gigs that if someone shorter than me is stood immediately behind me, I'll always let them go in front of me, as to do so impacts my viewing enjoyment in no way at all.

That said, as I've grown older I've become a lot less bothered about being up close to the performers, and am more content to stand in areas further back where there's lots of room to move around.
This would have worked normally but this place had nowhere with lots of room..it was packed and the door to get in wasn't that big..

Tony
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Tony » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Lexapalooza wrote:. I was stood behind a giant. I could only see when he bent down to talk to his mate
It wasn't me. I'm 6 foot 3 and have always felt self consious to where I stand as not to fuck people off. I normally end up strategically finding a pillar to lean in front of etc to not block peoples view.

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:46 am

Deftones.

Still got it.
Stu

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests