Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:14 pm

newmy wrote:
Pete wrote:DEP tonight with the missus. Could end in tears I fear.
It's gonna be off the hook. I'll be standing as far back as possible.
Hahaha, right next to me then!
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Saw The Arteries last night, pretty hectic and would definitely recommend. Originally The Computers and The Plight were supposed to be playing aswel but they both pulled out. Sucks. Still, it was only £3 so I can't complain.

newmy

Post by newmy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 am

Pete wrote:
newmy wrote:
Pete wrote:DEP tonight with the missus. Could end in tears I fear.
It's gonna be off the hook. I'll be standing as far back as possible.
How fucking good was this gig...Dillinger were insanely tight, crowd went suitably nuts, and on the whole just a great atmosphere.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:11 am

newmy wrote:
Pete wrote:
newmy wrote: It's gonna be off the hook. I'll be standing as far back as possible.
How fucking good was this gig...Dillinger were insanely tight, crowd went suitably nuts, and on the whole just a great atmosphere.
it was fucking ace. Great setlist and sound way better than when I saw Glassjaw there. Were you wearing a frank hoodie? I was the brightly coloured bobble hat stage diving at the end for the first time in over a decade!

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:40 am

Pete wrote:
newmy wrote:
Pete wrote: Hahaha, right next to me then!
it was fucking ace. Great setlist and sound way better than when I saw Glassjaw there. Were you wearing a frank hoodie? I was the brightly coloured bobble hat stage diving at the end for the first time in over a decade!
Oh Pete, will you never learn?
Stu

newmy

Post by newmy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:36 am

Pete wrote:
newmy wrote:
Pete wrote: Hahaha, right next to me then!
I was rocking the FTHC hoodie indeed. Afraid I didn't see any bobble hats amidst the sea of flying bodies. I was just watching to see who was going to touch the live power cable hanging from that broken air conditioner...

eyeexam

Post by eyeexam » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 pm

HOT WATER MUSIC UK TOUR!!

in june. for those that don't know that's chuck ragan's (supporting frank) 'main' band.

got ticket to london (islington) but will probably end up selling it as today they announced a portsmouth gig, which i bought tickets for. or i could go to both....
and drive all night 'till the break of dawn

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:55 am

My lineup currently stands as (with * not having tickets for/undecided to go or not);

Feb;

23rd - Straight Lines
24th - Cymbals Eat Guitars*
25th - Los Campesinos!
26th - Buster Shuffle*

March;

3rd - The Antlers
4th - Errors*
10th - Frightened Rabbit
11th - Passion Pit
15th - The Tallest Man On Earth
24th - Frank Turner
29th - Chris T-T*
31st - Her Name Is Calla/worriedaboutsatan*

April;

8th - And So I Watch You From Afar*

May;

11th - The Rural Alberta Advantage
12th - 65daysofstatic

Christ..

jammus

So Many Dynamos Gig

Post by jammus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:41 am

Hi. Not been here for ages. Hope it's ok for me to burst in and start going on about a gig I'm putting on, like I own the fucking place or something.

So Many Dynamos + With Knives + TBC - 21st February - Firebug, Leicester

It's going to be a lot of fun. Womble said he might come.
I tend to get on with everyone, although I don't like all the chat from the Diana Circle - they say lots of nasty things about Camilla Parker Bowles, and talk about conspiracies, and play Candle In The Wind a lot.

marowak

Post by marowak » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:17 pm

marowak wrote:I am DJing at this event and Mr Marwood is playing - so if you are in Brighton pop along ... its also the night before my stag weekend so I will beginning celebrations early.

http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid ... 36&index=1

Sad Sentry Records Presents....
hello there,

this is the sequel to the very nice night we hosted in october.... it's at the lovely sanctuary cella again, there'll be quality acoustic music and twinkly lights of the flaming or safe and un-hot variety or maybe both. wot the poster sez:

Rothko
an acoustic set from the brighton six piece with fiddles, beautifully crafted songs and bucketloads of harmonies. like a cross between arcade fire and calexico, but younger and prettier.
www.myspace.com/rothkoisdead

Stick In A Pot
three hatted fellows proffering plinky plonkiness with guitars, ukuleles and vocal harmonies.
www.myspace.com/stickinapot

Ben Marwood
a comrade of frank turner’s, reading’s ben marwood sings songs from the heart, some happy, some sad, all of them lovely.
www.myspace.com/benmarwoodmusic

-a+M
featuring members of lamp and formerly of good morning captain, intricate instrumental acoustic folky strummings.
www.myspace.com/electriclamp

…..with musical interludes supplied by……
Amongst The Pigeons
www.myspace.com/amongstthepigeons

doors 8pm
sterling £3

we would all bloody love to see you there
so anyone coming to this on thur ???
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

tjs

Post by tjs » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:52 am

watched polar bear club/shook ones/title fight last night in manchester. had only listened to title fight a few times before the gig so i didn't know what to expect, but they totally stole the show. so awesome. shook ones were alright, might pick up an lp, undecided on them. pbc were good, but somewhat hindered due to them being a guitarist down. add to that the fact that the sound sucked for them, and it wasn't the best ive seen them. hey ho, they still rocked.

my lineups looking like this now,

5th march - frightened rabbit
17th march - frank turner
18th march - frank turner

3rd april - apologies i have none

pretty sparse.

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 am

Got our pair of free RATM tickets. Score.

newmy

Post by newmy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:12 am

Pete wrote:Got our pair of free RATM tickets. Score.
you utter bastard. I can't even get on the website anymore...it loaded a few times now it's buggered.
Ah well, seen them once and found it a bit boring so it's no great loss. Although i do live about 5 minutes from finsbury park so it'd be quite fun to be able to go...

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:14 am

newmy wrote:
Pete wrote:Got our pair of free RATM tickets. Score.
you utter bastard. I can't even get on the website anymore...it loaded a few times now it's buggered.
Ah well, seen them once and found it a bit boring so it's no great loss. Although i do live about 5 minutes from finsbury park so it'd be quite fun to be able to go...
Not sure how, but my missus always seems to be able to log on to this sort of thing and got through straight away. I have about 15 screens running and got nowhere. It's the day after my next exam so will be quite a fun way to celebrate the end of studying

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:20 am

Err... I've got the access screen in front of me if you want to email me your details i'll sign you up - pete@straightguyswithmassivefuckingchoppers.com
Last edited by Pete on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.