Birmingham presale

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

andy8000

Birmingham presale

Post by andy8000 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:17 am

Did anyone, anywhere manage to get a ticket? I was on in seconds, all gone!! Were there any in the first place?
Birmingham Coventry Wolverhampton Manchester Leicester Frome Wembley. Most in multiple, lost count. :roll:

ness w

Re: Birmingham presale

Post by ness w » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:34 am

No, I didn't. It says unavailable but not sold out like a couple of the others do, which is a bit weird.

andy8000

Post by andy8000 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 pm

I emailed customer support who said there were a limited amount. Must have have been very, very small. Sells CDs I suppose though.....🙁
Birmingham Coventry Wolverhampton Manchester Leicester Frome Wembley. Most in multiple, lost count. :roll:

Sivvy

Post by Sivvy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Sorry you didn’t get what you wanted, but for the record you didn’t need to order a CD to get the discount code - you could just register your email address to receive one. I managed to get the presale tickets I wanted so there were definitely some available. Just luck of the draw, I guess.

I’m sure there’ll be plenty available in Friday’s main sale so I hope you have better luck then.

andy8000

Post by andy8000 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Sivvy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:42 pm
Sorry you didn’t get what you wanted, but for the record you didn’t need to order a CD to get the discount code - you could just register your email address to receive one. I managed to get the presale tickets I wanted so there were definitely some available. Just luck of the draw, I guess.

I’m sure there’ll be plenty available in Friday’s main sale so I hope you have better luck then.
Cheers for that Sivvy. Desperately hope we don't miss out. In 40 years of watching gigs I've never missed out on tickets we wanted yet.

ness w

Post by ness w » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:19 am

When tickets are popular it's what happens. I'm a teacher so I don't just get to hang around refreshing websites so that I can be first in line. I thought I might be OK this time, though, because break starts at 11; still, all gone by 11.02 when I made it on to the site. This is an unusual gig, though, so I suspect the regular sale on Friday will be OK and not sell out instantly.

Good luck with tickets, I'd offer to see you at the front in Birmingham but this looks like it will be my first ever sit-down Frank gig... If I can get in, that is.

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:51 am

andy8000 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:17 am
Did anyone, anywhere manage to get a ticket? I was on in seconds, all gone!! Were there any in the first place?
Was lucky after about 90 minutes of refreshing. Gonna try and get a better seat tomorrow tho which means I might have a ticket to sell at one point :)
95 gigs in 21 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

ness w

Post by ness w » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:31 am

In the end, going direct through the symphony Hall website was stress free. A bit further back than I'd like but I'm happy to have a ticket.