1031 in Willmington, DE show

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Mattgeo

1031 in Willmington, DE show

Post by Mattgeo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Was anyone at last night's show and see the couple get engaged? :?:

reitzel6570

Re: 1031 in Willmington, DE show

Post by reitzel6570 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Yes. I thought they were massive dickheads for interrupting the show to put their personal lives in the spotlight. At least have the decency to ask in advance. Frank was too nice for putting up with that.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:07 pm

reitzel6570 wrote:Yes. I thought they were massive dickheads for interrupting the show to put their personal lives in the spotlight. At least have the decency to ask in advance. Frank was too nice for putting up with that.

hahahaha...hold on...someone needs to explain what happened.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Mattgeo

Post by Mattgeo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Wow dickheads?

you really seem to understand peace and love and a lot of the things Frank talks about.
No wait, you must be a hopeless romantic!

A young lady was proposed to on stage, took about a span of 22 seconds.

Some interruption

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Were they invited, or did they invite themselves? This is my question.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Not entirely sure why you're referring to yourself in the third person here.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:19 pm

frank wrote:Not entirely sure why you're referring to yourself in the third person here.
BOOM!

Answer the question though, I need to pick a side.

Mattgeo

Post by Mattgeo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Frank I am not referring to myself in the third person.

Not once. Not one word.

Mattgeo

Post by Mattgeo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:30 pm

But to answer your question Evan...

I was the gentlemen on stage and no, we were not invited.

That part was incredible rude of me and I have have attempted to message Mr Turner with a heartfelt apology
because my actions were rude and selfish

The girl had no idea what was to happen that night

Mattgeo

Post by Mattgeo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:35 pm

As Mr Turner once wrote, in regards to a young man with a pot leaf necklace, paraphrasing, who can stand in the way of true love.

I had wanted to also apologize to anyone was at the show for such an egregious display of audacity
certainly there was ZERO fore thought or malicious intent of hijacking the show or stealing any thunder or spotlight

that being said, any punter who calls me a dickhead, I will defend myself

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:37 pm

OK. I have an email from you in my inbox I was planning on replying to, but here we are, you seem keen to discuss it publicly.

Your (very, very wasted) girlfriend / fiancee got up on stage *first*. Grabbed me in the middle of me doing a show, trying to say something. It's pretty disconcerting. Putting on shows is actually pretty hard, believe it or not. It really threw me. Then you got up onstage. I decided to let it run, because I was now in a position where I had no good options, basically. Then it was done.

I think it was a pretty bad judgement call on your part, but such is life, I make bad calls sometimes too, particularly when I'm wasted. If you had emailed to ask, I'd have politely declined. In my humble opinion, proposals are a personal thing, not something to do with the show I'm putting on. That's my two cents.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Mattgeo

Post by Mattgeo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:49 pm

Dear Frank,

Completely understand, especially in regards to putting you in the position where you felt you had no options.

After sending the email to you, I chose this "public" forum to apologize to everyone else who was put out by last night.

As I said, don't hold it against her, she had no idea and thinks you're the bees knees, everything else about
me I've already explained to you in the email.

Humble and sincerest apologies,

Matthew

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:55 pm

Mattgeo wrote: I chose this "public" forum to apologize to everyone else who was put out by last night.
Not something I got from your initial post:
Mattgeo wrote: Was anyone at last night's show and see the couple get engaged? :?:
I'd also argue the use of 'the couple' when one of them is you, is indeed a use of the third person. Why not 'see me and my girlfriend'? The cynic inside me feels you were hoping for a positive response to justify your actions...

As Frank mentions, all of us do stupid things when we're smashed, I am personally particularly prone, but your posts since display little true remorse to an outsider to the events.

With all that said, best wishes to you and your new fiancee, I wish you a wonderful wedding and life together. We live and learn.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Zoe_Bee

Post by Zoe_Bee » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Oooo oooo ooo! Can I come to your wedding?? Please!

I think it would be great to rush up in the middle of your vows and burst into song. I can do a pretty good "Eulogy". Unfortunately, however, I can't sing in key to save my life but I won't care because I will probably be really drunk so not responsible for my actions.

:?
My sad list:
1427: 26 July 2013, Poughkeepsie; 1477. 20 October 2013, Vancouver; 1757. 15 October 2015, Seattle; 1848. 3 March 2016, Vancouver; 1939. 1 August 2016, Seattle; 1940. 3 August 2016, Oakland; 2015. 29 January 2017, San Francisco

eleanordc

Post by eleanordc » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Zoe_Bee wrote:Oooo oooo ooo! Can I come to your wedding?? Please!

I think it would be great to rush up in the middle of your vows and burst into song. I can do a pretty good "Eulogy". Unfortunately, however, I can't sing in key to save my life but I won't care because I will probably be really drunk so not responsible for my actions.

:?
Hold up, I thought Frank was playing the wedding??!