How do the multi-bill gigs work (Boston, 18 Feb)?

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

QuantumMechanic

How do the multi-bill gigs work (Boston, 18 Feb)?

Post by QuantumMechanic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm going to be going to my first-ever Frank Turner concert on the 18th in Boston. It's one of the multi-bill gigs (Bouncing Souls, Arkells, and Will Varley) and I'm curious how it works, especially since the venue lists 18:45 as the event time but Frank's website lists 17:30 as the event time.

Are these a traditional opening acts-then-headliner format? Does Frank and/or other members of the band do a song or two with the other acts? How does it all work and what should I be expecting?

Evan

Re: How do the multi-bill gigs work (Boston, 18 Feb)?

Post by Evan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:19 am

It is traditional opening acts. And it will be Varley, Arkells, Bouncing Souls then Frank.

Door time you will need to confirm with the venue.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

QuantumMechanic

Post by QuantumMechanic » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:21 am

Thanks!

While I realize everything is always subject to change, for a show like this, how long does each opening act and Frank tend to play?

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 am

Frank will do a full set, so up to about 2 hours. Everyone else 25-30 mins I expect
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

OffHeGoes

Post by OffHeGoes » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Got email from Agganis Arena that answers some of your questions. Hope this helps!

SHOW SCHEDULE
The scheduled show time is 6:45 PM. Doors open at 6:00 PM.

ENTRY PROCEDURE
All guests will enter through the Agganis Arena Main Lobby.

PARKING & DIRECTIONS
The Arena is located at 925 Commonwealth Ave. & has several convenient options for parking both on-site and within walking distance of the arena.Click here for directions to the Arena or view a map of area parking.

NO BAGS LARGER THAN 12"x 12"x 6" ALLOWED
To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry, Agganis Arena will not allow any bag that exceeds 12” x 12” x 6” into the facility. Please plan accordingly. For a full list of venue policies, click here.

CAMERA/VIDEO POLICY
Non-professional cameras are allowed during this event. Audio recording devices, video cameras and professional cameras with a detachable lens are prohibited.

Thank you again and enjoy the show!