Song for Josh

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Bev Mac

Song for Josh

Post by Bev Mac » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi!

My daughter introduced me to Frank's music quite a few years ago and still claims she is one of Franks oldest fans...bless her! I too have come to love his thought provking lyrics and messages within his songs.

Today I have downloaded and been listening to his latest Album - Positive Songs for Negative People. I saw the next song billed as Song for Josh and for some reason thought it would be for his God Son who I know he has dedicated songs to before. However, what I heard reached so deep into my heart. I tragically and sadly lost my brother some 6 years ago. He committed suicide and all of the emotions, questions and feelings Frank refers to I can relate to so so much. What I would say (if Frank were to read this...)..... A friend of mine has admitted to me that she has attempted suicide a few times. When I asked her why she has never called someone to talk before you do 'it', she replied.... That's easy...Because if I then still went through with it I would have left you totured with the thought you hadn't done or said the right thing'..... If I am honest that makes perfect sense.

I miss Kev every single hour of every day.... It does get easier.... to some extent - but he was young,....far too young .....Just like Josh. Life is precious .....we should live it to the full!

Here's to Josh and Kev!!!

x

unibowler

Re: Song for Josh

Post by unibowler » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 am

I've never thought about it like that. It actually makes a lot of sense. That makes suicide hotlines even more important.

Sorry for your loss.

DanaStacy

Post by DanaStacy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:55 am

It's a really well-written song. I'm doing a walk to benefit American Foundation for Suicide Prevention in a few weeks, because of a friend who died last summer. The lyrics are... I get them. Like I said, well-written.

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Sorry for your loss.

I heard the song live last week. It was beautiful.

greezy

Post by greezy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:04 am

Bev Mac, I lost my dad to suicide when I was 9. I'm 47 now and it's still a little hard. Sometimes I listen to Lucinda Williams' song, "Pineola". She captures that I-want-to-hit-someone-but-I'm-not-sure-who feeling I get as a surviving family member.

"Sweet Old World" and "Little Angel, Little Brother" are good, too.
Relax. This won't hurt.