Reckon i'll be allowed to take this into a gig?

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

TimmyM

Reckon i'll be allowed to take this into a gig?

Post by TimmyM » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Backstory
This year i started competing in full contact medieval fighting AKA Battle of the Nations (Not LARP or Re-enacting) and when i went to Bloodstock Open Air to put on a show with the rest of our team and a few Germans i thought i'd show off the sort of music that I like instead of Heavy Metal (though i did quite like Skyclad). So... reckon i'll be allowed in with it?

Here's a clip of last years World Championships so you know what i'm no about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM7Tn-K2eGI

darlenet.

Re: Reckon i'll be allowed to take this into a gig?

Post by darlenet. » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Ok, I'll bite. For what purpose?
shows? 90 so far...

TimmyM

Post by TimmyM » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:23 pm

nothing nasty i swear ;) just for showing off really, strung across my back, i'm not daft enough to actually strap it to my arm and dive into a crowd

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Why would you take it to a gig? The people there are paying attention to what is happening onstage, not what someone has on their back. Leave it at home.

mehguitarer

Post by mehguitarer » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 am

Timmy, DUDE! how to i get involved in such awesomeness. Do you have to make/ bring armor yourself or can you buy it pre-made and such?

TimmyM

Post by TimmyM » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Blonde wrote:Why would you take it to a gig? The people there are paying attention to what is happening onstage, not what someone has on their back. Leave it at home.
there are plenty of opportunities before, during (between support and frank) and after to natter with people, this is a new sport and i wanna advertise it a bit after all it does tend to get responses like this
mehguitarer wrote:Timmy, DUDE! how to i get involved in such awesomeness. Do you have to make/ bring armor yourself or can you buy it pre-made and such?
start here :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/BattleO ... ederation/ you've got to provide your own armour unfortunately (got to be made to measure for obvious reasons) though we do let people borrow kit to begin with so they don't spend a grand on armour they'll never use if they don't like it for some strange reason
also this is kinda hypothetical, unless i got loads of people going BRING IT i probably won't cause i'll more than likely get taken off me at the door

trogette

Post by trogette » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:20 pm

I got a watermelon into Wembley stadium once, didn't ask permission though...

CooperTurn

Post by CooperTurn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:41 am

So you'll just sling this over your back as a talking piece?!

TimmyM

Post by TimmyM » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:12 am

trogette wrote:I got a watermelon into Wembley stadium once, didn't ask permission though...
did you do this to it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EQCmPzPC3A
CooperTurn wrote:So you'll just sling this over your back as a talking piece?!
yeah basically, as i said this a very new sport and i genuinely get reactions like mehguitarer from people regularly, they don't all join in but enough do for us to be getting the ball rolling

CooperTurn

Post by CooperTurn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:29 pm

I don't see why not then. To be honest I'd be more alarmed by seeing some guy just stood holding a water melon in the middle of a gig ;) Go for it...

trogette

Post by trogette » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:29 pm

bit of an in-joke with a fellow Muse fan, I took the watermelon to the video control desk, left it wrapped in the throwaway poncho I'd smuggled it past the security in, told the folk there to make sure a certain person got it, legged it for barrier. Was quite chuffed with that. Also at that gig, I was impressed with the high-speed card game going on between 5 or 6 guys standing up between the last support band and the main act...