Am I a dinosaur?

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

darlenet.

Am I a dinosaur?

Post by darlenet. » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:35 pm

So I just read this "offer" from Black Veil Brides:

http://propertyofzack.com/post/93119544 ... or-fans-to

And while I guess it's innovative marketing or something, as a music loving concert goer, it sounds kind of awful. I want to go to enjoy the music and atmosphere. It sounds like work, and totally distracting to everyone. And of course it's $200. Even the part about being a part of the new album sounds less than being genuinely artistic. Or....is it truly a great and creative fan opportunity that people will jump at and I'm just being an old curmudgeon?

Darlene
shows? 90 so far...

bridgemo

Re: Am I a dinosaur?

Post by bridgemo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 pm

No, you aren't a dinosaur. You just aren't a fool who is soon parted from your money....

DavidPorges

Post by DavidPorges » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Shit band who makes shit music comes up with shit ideas to get more money from their fans. News at 11

"Twitter Shoutout+ Follow" "Personalized Voice Message" Yeah fuck this. I get that there are fans who are willing to play for this sort of stuff but this is just pathetic. You guys have enough money to support yourself . You don't charge money in exchange for being nice to fans , you do it for free and because you appreciate the support.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:51 pm

DavidPorges wrote:"Twitter Shoutout+ Follow" "Personalized Voice Message" Yeah fuck this. I get that there are fans who are willing to play for this sort of stuff but this is just pathetic.
I didn't even see all those other things! Most of the expensive ones were already sold out! Even though I must admit if I had a shitload of money, the "Guestlist for Life" option would be tempting. Imagine no ticket stress ever again! Haha
shows? 90 so far...

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:53 pm

darlenet. wrote: I must admit if I had a shitload of money, the "Guestlist for Life" option would be tempting. Imagine no ticket stress ever again! Haha
Yeah, but it would be for the Black Veil Brides. Something tells me you are going to last longer than they will. So unless you absolutely rinsed it on the next couple of tours, not really going to serve you all that well.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Evan wrote:Yeah, but it would be for the Black Veil Brides. Something tells me you are going to last longer than they will. So unless you absolutely rinsed it on the next couple of tours, not really going to serve you all that well.
Oh, no, no, no. I didn't mean lifetime tickets for THEM! I meant as a concept, if a beloved band (FT & SS as an example) offered that, I might be sorely tempted.
shows? 90 so far...

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 am

darlenet. wrote:
Evan wrote:Yeah, but it would be for the Black Veil Brides. Something tells me you are going to last longer than they will. So unless you absolutely rinsed it on the next couple of tours, not really going to serve you all that well.
Oh, no, no, no. I didn't mean lifetime tickets for THEM! I meant as a concept, if a beloved band (FT & SS as an example) offered that, I might be sorely tempted.
Fair enough. But still...what a bunch of turds
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:49 am

Excuse me, I would like to change the topic of this thread to one that involves you all guessing which dinosaur I am pretending to be right now.

GO
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:50 am

Venomous_Bear wrote:Excuse me, I would like to change the topic of this thread to one that involves you all guessing which dinosaur I am pretending to be right now.

GO
I better hurry and beat the throngs of people that are going to want to comment on this.

I think it is pretty obvious that you are pretending to be a Velociraptor, because, yeah, who wouldn't? But in actuality, you are more of a kindred spirit of the Brachiosaurus. He appears big and tough, but he is a sweet vegetarian whose name means "arm Lizard" because his front arms are longer than his back legs. And he stole the movie Jurassic Park with his well played sneezing scene.

Or you've tired of this game and are now a hummingbird.
shows? 90 so far...

xandmatt

Post by xandmatt » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:28 am

Venomous_Bear wrote:Excuse me, I would like to change the topic of this thread to one that involves you all guessing which dinosaur I am pretending to be right now.

GO

:?:

Craven

Post by Craven » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:56 am

683 727 909 1081 1082 1139 1216 1258 1289 1381 1442 1522 1539 1585 1611 1615 1681 1720 1790 1889 1955

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:24 am

GO
You're probably in bed (time difference) so I'm going to guess you are pretending to be an extinct one.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Bahahahaha

A couple of notes.

1. I fear it will never be possible for me to convey just HOW drunk I was last night. So let me summarize briefly by stating...quite. I was quite drunk.

2. All excellent guesses, except the song posted by Craven, which I did not listen to in its entirety. You see, it lost credibility when they named "brontosaurus", which isn't an actual dinosaur. It is a redundancy in naming, and is actually just an apatosaurus. It took me fucking years to get over the shame and stress of this correction. Dammit, Rhys. Get your shit together ;)

3. I was, indeed, asleep, due to the previously-stated consumption of all of the whiskey, but despite the dinosaur I was involuntary imitating with elevated environmental allergies:

DILOPHOSAURUS

(The one that spits acid everywhere and kills Newman in JP)

Thanks for playing!
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:51 pm

I vaguely remembered coming on here last night. I am reviewing other threads, but I believe this is the extent of my posting. Which is excellent. Drunk VB remains a better person than regular VB. FOR NOW

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Was your hangover so bad that you were wishing you were an extinct dinosaur?