Frank in four or Five words

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

NickSouthampton

Frank in four or Five words

Post by NickSouthampton » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:39 pm

I took my kid brother along to the Portsmouth Guildhall gig. He'd never heard of Frank but I thought he would enjoy it. He did and I'm sure he will go again.

After the gig I asked him what he thought and he said "Its basically George Formby meets the Pogues". Struck me as an odd description initially but considering Formby was the most famous and highest paid entertainer in Music Hall for a while it isn't a bad tribute. Oddly, I think it was four small words that got him thinking this way.

Anyone else had interesting (but positive) reactions when introducing friends to Frank's music?
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

darlenet.

Re: Frank in four or Five words

Post by darlenet. » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:12 pm

NickSouthampton wrote:Anyone else had interesting (but positive) reactions when introducing friends to Frank's music?
I am of the firm belief that people's lives would be better with Frank's music in it. But they just don't know it yet. As a trainer of new nurses in the university hospital I work in, I am responsible for their packets of info. So I always slip in a mix tape of FT favorites. When they look at me quizzically, I tell them there will be a test on it. One time, one of them actually came back and asked me to quiz him. Amazingly, he did have the answer to who is "the safest girl I know?"
shows? 90 so far...

DavidPorges

Re: Frank in four or Five words

Post by DavidPorges » Tue May 20, 2014 10:32 pm

I had widely different reactions to frank's music.

One of my friends likes really specific songs and dislikes most of his songs (too country) but she has odd choices for favorite songs "Richard Devine" "Fix Me" (Although Fix Me is great)

Another friend of mind is practically in love him with him ever since I played her Anymore (just had a guy cheat on her with another guy) and now she has pretty much every Frank song on her phone. She loves "Recovery" "Wessex Boy" "TellTale Signs" "Anymore"

I Intrdouced it to a love interest of mine (Complicated stuff) and she really digged it. Played the whole Tape Deck Heart album for her. Now we don't talk any more , Maybe she didn't like after all?...