Prince

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

sarahg

Re: Prince

Post by sarahg » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 am

Have to say that I also agree, just because technology makes it possible, it does not make it right.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:28 pm

sarahg wrote:Have to say that I also agree, just because technology makes it possible, it does not make it right.
Great point! Not music related only, but I am amazed that there is no filter on what someone with a cell phone will take a picture of. I work in a hospital, and I am stunned at what visitors will take pictures of (most likely landing on Instagram or Facebook later). Equipment, incisions, body fluids, or just patients that look and feel awful. Ethics and manners seem to go out the window when a photo op is present.
shows? 90 so far...

SB

Post by SB » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Darlenet - if I found out anyone took a picture of me, or I just happened to be in the background of one, when I was in ITU I would be spitting feathers. What the fuck?!

Although I did take (faceless) photos of my central and Hickman lines (respectively) to send to my hospital working friends because I found them so amazing and clever. And I was probably a little high from all the morphine. I can't quite remember...

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 pm

SB wrote: And I was probably a little high from all the morphine. I can't quite remember...
Good for you and Morphine! But seriously, you took pictures of your own stuff. No problem. I was wheeling a child through the hall in a wagon and she was clearly sick- had IV pumps with stuffed animals attached, she had an obviously bald head under a bandana, trying not to stand out... And this "well-meaning" older woman started shrieking, "Oh, isn't that the cutest thing," and proceeded to take pictures.

My response led to my only "reprimand" ever at work. (I said, while spitting nails, that, "No, it wasn't cute, it was fucking cancer.")

Sorry to get off topic, but sometimes people suck, and technology just provides them a venue to show it to the world, so Prince can do whatever he wants at his shows.
shows? 90 so far...

Shiney

Post by Shiney » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm

This...
Have to say that I also agree, just because technology makes it possible, it does not make it right.
..and this...
Sorry to get off topic, but sometimes people suck, and technology just provides them a venue to show it to the world, so Prince can do whatever he wants at his shows.
All day long imho.
So if ever a man should ask you for your business or your name, tell him to go and fuck himself and tell his friends to do the same.
Gigs: Wembley, Oxford, London forum.

dutton316

Post by dutton316 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:10 pm

darlenet. wrote:
sarahg wrote:Have to say that I also agree, just because technology makes it possible, it does not make it right.
Great point! Not music related only, but I am amazed that there is no filter on what someone with a cell phone will take a picture of. I work in a hospital, and I am stunned at what visitors will take pictures of (most likely landing on Instagram or Facebook later). Equipment, incisions, body fluids, or just patients that look and feel awful. Ethics and manners seem to go out the window when a photo op is present.

Reminds me of Gordon Kaye - actor who played Rene in 'Allo 'Allo - who, following a fairly serious accident was recuperating in hospital when reporters snuck in to interview him whilst drugged and only semi-aware. The paper was basically told to stop being a dick by the courts. Set a whole legal precedent. Would have thought (read: hoped) that would apply to photos as well.
Keep Having Dreams

1526: 11th February 2014 @ Pavillions, Plymouth

seamiedev

Post by seamiedev » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:54 pm

HE'S DROPPED THE LAWSUIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D