Kind Gig Buddies - Thank you

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Bella

Kind Gig Buddies - Thank you

Post by Bella » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:55 am

Huge Thank You to FT gig buddy enablers

In no particular order:- Blonde, Helentx and Moomin

Thanks to you guys for our support, help. kindness and general assitance via email, phone and in person I was able to go to London for the Crazy Arm and Larry and His Flask gig at the Borderline.

Thank You!

I’d have posted this earlier but I didn’t get home till about 03:00 am and the place was freezing (forgot to set the timer on the heater) so by the time I had showered, found hot water bottles, had a hot drink, blah blah blah, it was about 04:30 by the time I got to bed. I’ve spent the day in a semi-asleep exhausted heap.

I’m having a difficult time with a few things at the moment that I can’t talk about online, but I’ve had some really bad days just recently and in addition to that, London has always been a huge problem for me – I haven’t been there in about 15 years (other than passing through to get somewhere else and Heathrow airport doesn’t really count (it’s a hell hole in its own right)) the last few times I’ve been there something hideous has happened either to me, someone I was with, or someone right in front of me, so the city really creeps me out… I really wanted to see Larry and Flask though and London was by far the cheapest gig to get to.

Small acts of kindness and support, sometimes mean so much more than you think. I know I could not have done this on my own. I am not sure I will be able to explain adequately how wonderful it is for someone to take a few moments of their day and be helpful. To say something pleasant, or to give truly useful information to someone who is a little confused by info they found online, or to walk someone to a bus stop and check they get on the right bus – even if that person is an adult who has previously travelled all over the place, and frequently alone.

I had a good day, with just the one minor panic attack on the tube. I managed to get to the Natural History Museum by myself and saw the dinosaurs again. Last time I was there I was about 5 or maybe 6 years old – they look smaller than I remember :D :wink: . I even found the venue by myself after losing the map when I emptied my pockets earlier (I’m an idiot), so in spite of the combination of my idiocy and my fear I think I’ve done quite well, but I could not have done it at all without help and support.

Thank you.

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Blonde

Re: Kind Gig Buddies - Thank you

Post by Blonde » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Awwwwww, bless.

I'm glad you made it to the gig. Surely you wouldn't have needed a map to the venue, you should have just switched on your bookshop homing device. :wink:

Will we see you at The O2 in February?