frank vinyl

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Evan

Re: frank vinyl

Post by Evan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:52 am

smartiepants wrote:thought you would have had a hand in them, previous ones you have done have been stellar
Thank you. I think POTD is going to come out brilliantly. Got creative with spot gloss, which should work excellently (I hope)
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

waywardson

Post by waywardson » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Hello Evan at al.

Any chance that Take To The Road Live at Sheppard's Bush Empire will ever be released on vinyl?

Cheers,
Steve

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:38 am

waywardson wrote:Hello Evan at al.

Any chance that Take To The Road Live at Sheppard's Bush Empire will ever be released on vinyl?

Cheers,
Steve

I have absolutely no idea.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

waywardson

Post by waywardson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:42 pm

Evan wrote:

Cheers,
Steve

How would one get the ball rolling on suggesting it to the powers that be at Xtra Mile?

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:02 pm

waywardson wrote:
Evan wrote:

Cheers,
Steve

How would one get the ball rolling on suggesting it to the powers that be at Xtra Mile?
You could email them I suppose, but I would have thought if it was something they wanted to do (or indeed Frank wanted to do) it would be done by now. The DVD was the important part of that release and I don't imagine anyone has plans to release the audio as a separate entity. I also would have thought that if Frank wanted to release a live album, he would probably be more interested in doing a new one (rather than reissuing something from 7 years ago). These are just my guesses of course - I genuinely have no idea how anyone would feel about it.

waywardson

Post by waywardson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Evan wrote:
waywardson wrote:
Evan wrote:

You could email them I suppose, but I would have thought if it was something they wanted to do (or indeed Frank wanted to do) it would be done by now. The DVD was the important part of that release and I don't imagine anyone has plans to release the audio as a separate entity. I also would have thought that if Frank wanted to release a live album, he would probably be more interested in doing a new one (rather than reissuing something from 7 years ago). These are just my guesses of course - I genuinely have no idea how anyone would feel about it.
Thanks Evan for your thoughts on this. The audio was released on a separate CD as a bonus disc to The Second Three Years, and is one of my top five go to albums. I think it nicely captures a point in Frank's careee fornthise if us that we're paying attention at the time, and if there's no plans for a current live album I think it would be a nice double album to have on LP. I'll go put some feelers out.

Cheers,
Steve

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:21 am

waywardson wrote:
Thanks Evan for your thoughts on this. The audio was released on a separate CD as a bonus disc to The Second Three Years, and is one of my top five go to albums. I think it nicely captures a point in Frank's careee fornthise if us that we're paying attention at the time, and if there's no plans for a current live album I think it would be a nice double album to have on LP. I'll go put some feelers out.

Cheers,
Steve

Was it? Well, you learn something new every day.

EDIT: Just looked that up, and it was basically the same deal as over here. DVD of the show (and Union Chapel) with a bonus CD of the audio, just in the US is came packaged with TSTY rather than as it's own release. Which was the point I was making - I just don't imagine them wanting to release it on it's own. But as I said, I have no idea.

marowak

Post by marowak » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:42 pm

I listened to that show on Spotify the other day. It scared me how long ago it was and was also brilliant hearing the difference from them as a band then and now. Worlds apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

smartiepants

Post by smartiepants » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:13 am

Evan have you had a hand in this
https://www.banquetrecords.com/XMR128LPG

looks cool, obviously ordered!!
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich, Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 & FTLE

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:19 am

smartiepants wrote:Evan have you had a hand in this
https://www.banquetrecords.com/XMR128LPG

looks cool, obviously ordered!!

Yup. I did the LP and CD. Pretty excited to see how it comes out. Rethought the artwork entirely, so it will be different to the original pressing of both LP and CD. The LP comes in an outer sleeve, and has an etched D side. And will be available in 4 different colours (Lilac, Gold, White and Black). And the CD is in a fold out digipak, although was unable to get an outer sleeve on that one unfortunately.

smartiepants

Post by smartiepants » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:01 am

cool, i've ordered the gold, still waiting for my copies of LI&S & POTD from Xtra, at this rate I think I should set up a direct debt to Mr Turner, its costing me a fortune, Norwich was great last night roll on gig 2000
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich, Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 & FTLE

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:01 pm

smartiepants wrote:cool, i've ordered the gold, still waiting for my copies of LI&S & POTD from Xtra, at this rate I think I should set up a direct debt to Mr Turner, its costing me a fortune, Norwich was great last night roll on gig 2000
I am sure they will come soon. They turned out really nice.

I am off to Guildford tonight. First show of the tour. Then it's the movie tomorrow, and Nottingham on Thursday.

smartiepants

Post by smartiepants » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 pm

oh yer the movie tomorrow as well, Milton Keynes for me

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:08 pm

I was out of this topic for a while, how many new colours and releases did I miss?

I think the last one I remember was a new edition of EKMB last year. I recognized the latest new editions of SIFTW, where I missed the gold one, but ordered the violet one. So has anyone ordered two Banquet Records ones and wants to share? :D
59 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 am

suitcaselife wrote:I was out of this topic for a while, how many new colours and releases did I miss?

I think the last one I remember was a new edition of EKMB last year. I recognized the latest new editions of SIFTW, where I missed the gold one, but ordered the violet one. So has anyone ordered two Banquet Records ones and wants to share? :D
Since EKMB, we did LIS and POTD on 180g black vinyl in gatefold sleeves. And SIFTW in Lilac (XMR), Gold (Banquet), and White (German independent shops exclusive) which were all limited to 500, as well as a black one which is to be the standard pressing from now on I believe (all 180g).