frank vinyl

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

niblips

Re: frank vinyl

Post by niblips » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Evan wrote:

All colours are /500, and the black is an undeclared number.

Lilac and gold sold out. White still available from European independent stores.
Thanx for the reply. I checked the HHV site but White was sold out. It's not really that big a deal for me though. It would be nice to have them all but the Canadian dollar is so low at the moment and shipping costs are so much that it just isn't feasible for me to get everything.

I look forward to getting it in the mail soon though.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I should hopefully have all of them, although only have lilac as it stands right this minute. I picked the colours for these, and have every other pressing of this record - including the XMR test presses - so I need to have all the colours too. Will bring my grand total to 11 copies of Sleep is For The Week on vinyl. I recently sold a a couple of Epitaph pressings as well, so otherwise it would have been 13.

As I understand it there is going to be a further pressing when this runs out, but from this point forth it will only be on black.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 am

So finally had the time to put the white one on the player. I love the design of the whole package* - couldn't be more happy about it. Well done Evan!

*only thing is, the etching on the white one doesn't come out as good as on e.g. the lilac version
59 gigs in 16 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:31 am

suitcaselife wrote:So finally had the time to put the white one on the player. I love the design of the whole package* - couldn't be more happy about it. Well done Evan!

*only thing is, the etching on the white one doesn't come out as good as on e.g. the lilac version

Thanks. Haven't seen the white or gold yet
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

smartiepants

Post by smartiepants » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:15 pm

Still waiting on my gold one, I had an email saying there was a delay in it being sent out
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich, Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 & FTLE

blastman

Post by blastman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:35 pm

I got an email from Banquet yesterday saying the gold had shipped. Somewhat worringly, there's no word from HHV yet that the white has been sent, though.

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:01 am

blastman wrote:I got an email from Banquet yesterday saying the gold had shipped. Somewhat worringly, there's no word from HHV yet that the white has been sent, though.
I got my mail from them today, my copy is ready to be picked up today at 2pm. So don't worry to much. All in all I now got three white copies, one gues to England as trade for a golden copy, one goes to Ireland. I feel like a proper dealer her :lol:

blastman

Post by blastman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:17 pm

suitcaselife wrote: I got my mail from them today, my copy is ready to be picked up today at 2pm. So don't worry to much. All in all I now got three white copies, one gues to England as trade for a golden copy, one goes to Ireland. I feel like a proper dealer her :lol:
Panic over, another white copy is on its way to Ireland!

Shippy92

Post by Shippy92 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Only picked up the gold version of this after cancelling my lilac pre-order due to money.

However I love it! The whole package is brilliant and the gold really suits the album imo. Only slight downside is my copy seems to be marginally off centre but no biggy! The etching on the back isn't all that clear on my copy either but yet to see photos of others :)

All in all, thank you to all those involved in making this!

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Shippy92 wrote: Only slight downside is my copy seems to be marginally off centre but no biggy!
Do you mean the etching? It may surprise you to know that the centre of the logo is not the middle of the X as you might expect, and if we centred on the X it meant making the logo smaller or being too close to the edge to guarantee the result.

Other annoying things about that logo include the fact that the letters are not equidistance from the middle, or indeed the outside either. All in all trying to use it in a fixed ratio shape is often a pain in the hole.

blastman

Post by blastman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:23 pm

The lilac version appears to be available again on Xtra Mile's site if anyone missed it...

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:43 pm

I have all of these now. I have to agree that the etching on the white and gold isn't quite as effective, but never mind. We approved it on black, so there was no way to know.

blastman

Post by blastman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:18 am

Anyone had any issues with the gold edition? My turntable is inaccessible at the moment so I can't check myself, but I've heard a few complaints about it. Second side of the first disk, particularly the first two tracks, seem to be where the issue is.

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:43 am

I won't get mine before the Roundhouse, but I saw a hand full of complaints about it in the FTA. One person also sent it to Banquets as far as I remember.

JenniferGDBC

Post by JenniferGDBC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:25 pm

I bought a white one from hhv.de and they sent me a black one instead :(
Now they're out of stock so are only offering me a 50% discount which only takes me down to the price it would have cost in the UK and leaves me without my white copy.
Any ideas where I can get one now? I have virtually every colour of every record since the beginning!