frank vinyl

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Re: frank vinyl

Post by Pete » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:19 am

I might treat myself to the Frank Turner 3 book collection. Who knew...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frank-Turner- ... 2144647423
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

blastman
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: frank vinyl

Post by blastman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:45 am

dutton316 wrote:Hi, I bought a copy of The First Ten Years when it came out, an on advice from someone who knows more than me it's still in the shrinkrap to protect it.

Wondered if there was a way to get the Ten for Ten stuff from it?
There's a download card with it. Shrink wrap doesn't offer that much in the way of extra protection, anyway. except maybe financial.

User avatar
dutton316
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: frank vinyl

Post by dutton316 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:07 pm

blastman wrote:
There's a download card with it. Shrink wrap doesn't offer that much in the way of extra protection, anyway. except maybe financial.
Ok, thanks for that.
Keep Having Dreams

1526: 11th February 2014 @ Pavillions, Plymouth

blastman
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: frank vinyl

Post by blastman » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:32 pm

I didn't know about this release at all until someone mentioned it to me last night, but Xtra Mile are selling a 10th anniversary edition of Campfire Punkrock in a reverse sleeve. It was done for 2000 Trees (I think) and remaining copies are on the Xtra Mile site now. Cheaper than buying one of the original versions, that's for sure..

User avatar
Evan
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: frank vinyl

Post by Evan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:43 am

blastman wrote:I didn't know about this release at all until someone mentioned it to me last night, but Xtra Mile are selling a 10th anniversary edition of Campfire Punkrock in a reverse sleeve. It was done for 2000 Trees (I think) and remaining copies are on the Xtra Mile site now. Cheaper than buying one of the original versions, that's for sure..
They couldn't announce it as it meant blowing the secret guest spot at 2000 Trees. There are plenty still available.

It has new/updated artwork, and an insert with the original cover art and lyrics etc, and was done by me. Pretty pleased with it, although am yet to see the insert in the flesh as they were printed separately for reasons I won't go into.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

User avatar
Tomasz
Posts: 1546
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

Re: frank vinyl

Post by Tomasz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:07 pm

Has it really been 10 years? Bloody hell
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

waywardson
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:49 am

Re: frank vinyl

Post by waywardson » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Evan wrote:
blastman wrote:I didn't know about this release at all until someone mentioned it to me last night, but Xtra Mile are selling a 10th anniversary edition of Campfire Punkrock in a reverse sleeve. It was done for 2000 Trees (I think) and remaining copies are on the Xtra Mile site now. Cheaper than buying one of the original versions, that's for sure..
They couldn't announce it as it meant blowing the secret guest spot at 2000 Trees. There are plenty still available.

It has new/updated artwork, and an insert with the original cover art and lyrics etc, and was done by me. Pretty pleased with it, although am yet to see the insert in the flesh as they were printed separately for reasons I won't go into.
Do you know if this will be available at the merch table in the next US swing with Flogging Molly?

Thanks!
~Steve

User avatar
Evan
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: frank vinyl

Post by Evan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:23 am

waywardson wrote:
Evan wrote:
blastman wrote:I didn't know about this release at all until someone mentioned it to me last night, but Xtra Mile are selling a 10th anniversary edition of Campfire Punkrock in a reverse sleeve. It was done for 2000 Trees (I think) and remaining copies are on the Xtra Mile site now. Cheaper than buying one of the original versions, that's for sure..
They couldn't announce it as it meant blowing the secret guest spot at 2000 Trees. There are plenty still available.

It has new/updated artwork, and an insert with the original cover art and lyrics etc, and was done by me. Pretty pleased with it, although am yet to see the insert in the flesh as they were printed separately for reasons I won't go into.
Do you know if this will be available at the merch table in the next US swing with Flogging Molly?

Thanks!
~Steve
I don't know, but I doubt it as it would mean shipping them over to the states, which would be costly. I am going to guess at them only being available via Xtra Mile directly, and possibly a couple of UK independents like Banquet.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

blastman
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: frank vinyl

Post by blastman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Well, mine arrived yesterday, looks nice although the reverse colouring takes a bit of getting used to. The insert is a nice touch and done very nicely. Evan, something on the sticker was blacked out by hand, don't suppose if you'd know whether they were numbered originally? I now have five different copies of Campfire.. including the CD version and may need to re-evalute the direction my life is taking.

Props to Xtra Mile for throwing a handful of promo bits and pieces into the order, too. I got a sticker, a beermat, a metal pin padge and a keyring with a bottle opener built in!

User avatar
Evan
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: frank vinyl

Post by Evan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:35 pm

blastman wrote:Well, mine arrived yesterday, looks nice although the reverse colouring takes a bit of getting used to. The insert is a nice touch and done very nicely. Evan, something on the sticker was blacked out by hand, don't suppose if you'd know whether they were numbered originally?
Thanks. The reverse image was my idea. I just wanted it to be different from the original, and Frank liked it so we went with it. That is why the original artwork is part of the insert. Because there has already been a vinyl release, I felt it important for this one to be as different as we could make it while still using the original artwork.

They were not numbered. There was a mistake regarding the vinyl colour on the sticker, and because it has the barcode on there it couldn't be removed (I believe). I did suggest numbering them, but I believe it is a bit of a faff, as either you pay more money or some poor sod has to do it by hand.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

robsmith
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:25 am

Re: frank vinyl

Post by robsmith » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Evan wrote:
waywardson wrote:
Evan wrote:
They couldn't announce it as it meant blowing the secret guest spot at 2000 Trees. There are plenty still available.

It has new/updated artwork, and an insert with the original cover art and lyrics etc, and was done by me. Pretty pleased with it, although am yet to see the insert in the flesh as they were printed separately for reasons I won't go into.
Do you know if this will be available at the merch table in the next US swing with Flogging Molly?

Thanks!
~Steve
I don't know, but I doubt it as it would mean shipping them over to the states, which would be costly. I am going to guess at them only being available via Xtra Mile directly, and possibly a couple of UK independents like Banquet.
Got it at the Portland, OR show last night. Saved me 16 dollars in shipping!

waywardson
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:49 am

Re: frank vinyl

Post by waywardson » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:32 am

robsmith wrote:
Evan wrote:
waywardson wrote:
Do you know if this will be available at the merch table in the next US swing with Flogging Molly?

Thanks!
~Steve
I don't know, but I doubt it as it would mean shipping them over to the states, which would be costly. I am going to guess at them only being available via Xtra Mile directly, and possibly a couple of UK independents like Banquet.
Got it at the Portland, OR show last night. Saved me 16 dollars in shipping!
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Picking it up on Oakland Wednesday. Much excite!

smartiepants
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:56 am
Location: sunny Bedfordshire

Re: frank vinyl

Post by smartiepants » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:32 am

THIS IS SUCH GOOD NEWS

https://www.xtramilerecordings.com/Shop ... XMR_PH_239

https://www.xtramilerecordings.com/Shop ... XMR_PH_240

I wont have to put up with my rubbish US pressing hopefully
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich, Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 & FTLE

User avatar
Evan
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: frank vinyl

Post by Evan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 am


I did these. They feature a new layout and higher quality packaging to the original pressings (which I thought were subpar). Both are 180g black vinyl in a gatefold sleeve, and come with a lyric insert. They haven't been pressed yet, but I have high hopes that they will come out great.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

smartiepants
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:56 am
Location: sunny Bedfordshire

Re: frank vinyl

Post by smartiepants » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:48 am

thought you would have had a hand in them, previous ones you have done have been stellar
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich, Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 & FTLE

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests