frank vinyl

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

SanDimas1988

Re: frank vinyl

Post by SanDimas1988 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:39 pm

I think I've been missing my ending stuff longer than you Daniel. I haven't gotten anything I was missing in well over a year, probably almost 2.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:59 pm

They're just records, lads. Completion brings no rewards.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Tomasz wrote:
Danlechief wrote:I haven't got my hands on a new record in too long. Getting annoyed with not finding the last few!!
What do you still need?
First three years double black and red black. Jonah split brown/yellow. That's it. And yeah I know you've been waiting longer than me rick, dedication!!
"Age is no object if you're in love.

Oh shit what have I just said?"

frank turner, Birmingham, 18th November 2015

SanDimas1988

Post by SanDimas1988 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Did I read somewhere there's a black version of the Recovery vinyl? Or just the maroon?

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:06 pm

SanDimas1988 wrote:Did I read somewhere there's a black version of the Recovery vinyl? Or just the maroon?
Yeah that's true.

blastman

Post by blastman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:15 pm

SanDimas1988 wrote:Did I read somewhere there's a black version of the Recovery vinyl? Or just the maroon?
German release, black vinyl, not numbered. Not too hard to get hold of, usually.

SanDimas1988

Post by SanDimas1988 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Looks like I've got something else to seek out then, or see if any of my 3 copies are black. I guess I'll have to open the two sealed ones.

Any chance you have an extra of the Xtra Mile Love Ire and Song? Since you didn't want to trade the lathe cut for the Jonah, I am missing that so I figured you do the lathe and Love Ire and Song, and I'll give you the black First Three Years and my Jonah splatter.

SanDimas1988

Post by SanDimas1988 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm

blastman wrote:
German release, black vinyl, not numbered. Not too hard to get hold of, usually.
Sweet, thanks, I think I actually have that one already then, I have two sealed copies, I believe one of them is the German.

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

SanDimas1988 wrote:Looks like I've got something else to seek out then, or see if any of my 3 copies are black. I guess I'll have to open the two sealed ones.

Any chance you have an extra of the Xtra Mile Love Ire and Song? Since you didn't want to trade the lathe cut for the Jonah, I am missing that so I figured you do the lathe and Love Ire and Song, and I'll give you the black First Three Years and my Jonah splatter.
I don't even have the one copy of that sorry mate. I have a black epitaph release so I'm not really looking for it. Don't get me wrong if grab one if it came up but I wouldn't know where the difference was, is it just xtra mile where the epitaph is?

SanDimas1988

Post by SanDimas1988 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 pm

As far as I've been able to tell, it's just that on the back the logos are swapped, so Xtra Mile on the left and Epitaph on the right. It's one of the four I'm missing, so I figured I'd check.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Danlechief wrote:
SanDimas1988 wrote:Looks like I've got something else to seek out then, or see if any of my 3 copies are black. I guess I'll have to open the two sealed ones.

I don't even have the one copy of that sorry mate. I have a black epitaph release so I'm not really looking for it. Don't get me wrong if grab one if it came up but I wouldn't know where the difference was, is it just xtra mile where the epitaph is?

The XMR is a genuinely better sounding record. Plus it is quite rare as an unknown amount of stock was burned in the fire during the London riots. But physically, the only difference is text and logo placing.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:28 pm

I'd probably pick it up but it's at the very end of my list

SanDimas1988

Post by SanDimas1988 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:37 pm

I think I've bought 4 of them so far, after verifying with the seller that it's the correct version, then received them and it's the Epitaph version. For some reason sellers don't understand something when I say "the Xtra Mile logo is on the bottom left, and the Epitaph logo is on the bottom right". Oh well, they have to give the refund and pay the return shipping.

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 pm

SanDimas1988 wrote:I think I've bought 4 of them so far, after verifying with the seller that it's the correct version, then received them and it's the Epitaph version. For some reason sellers don't understand something when I say "the Xtra Mile logo is on the bottom left, and the Epitaph logo is on the bottom right". Oh well, they have to give the refund and pay the return shipping.
eBay can be a dick

SanDimas1988

Post by SanDimas1988 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:43 pm

There's one on Discogs now. The guy said it's definitely the Xtra Mile version. Let's see which version I get in the mail.

Daniel, how are you trying to collect? You don't want the different versions of Love Ire and Song, but you do for the First Three Years? Just ones that are different coloured?