Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Cassie

Re: [Talking] to Strangers on Trains

Post by Cassie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Pete wrote:
Cassie wrote:
marowak wrote:its been a long time since any guy chatted me up on a train
Its been a long time since any guy has chatted me up anywhere. Maybe I need more names on my clothes.
Or less clothes on...

(see: Page 3 topic & subtly laced irony)
Ummm, sure, as soon as I make all that money I spend sorting out my physique actually pay off, I'll get right on that ;-)

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:11 pm

But then I suppose the question is, do you want men approaching you and chatting you up? Is that appropriate? Surely they should engage you in civil and equal conversation, appreciating you as a person, not a woman?

And aren't you married?!?
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Pete wrote:But then I suppose the question is, do you want men approaching you and chatting you up? Is that appropriate? Surely they should engage you in civil and equal conversation, appreciating you as a person, not a woman?

Lol jumping in...Personally, I objectified him as much as an man would a woman: cute, but not my type. But I like talking about le music. And now that I'm single, you don't need to trip me off Waterloo anymore, btw.

Irony not lost. But I do think men and women can have conversations without it being a pickup. We parted without exchanging any info or requesting. Otherwise, I am a conversational whore :/
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:
Pete wrote:But then I suppose the question is, do you want men approaching you and chatting you up? Is that appropriate? Surely they should engage you in civil and equal conversation, appreciating you as a person, not a woman?

Lol jumping in...Personally, I objectified him as much as an man would a woman: cute, but not my type. But I like talking about le music. And now that I'm single, you don't need to trip me off Waterloo anymore, btw.

Irony not lost. But I do think men and women can have conversations without it being a pickup. We parted without exchanging any info or requesting. Otherwise, I am a conversational whore :/
It's true, sometimes they even (shock horror) maintain friendships without the man trying to fuck them.

By the way, I was asking in Cassie was married there, not you, although you were very keen to emphasise your new singleness. It's very flattering, but I'm taken I'm afraid... You sleaze.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Pete wrote:
It's true, sometimes they even (shock horror) maintain friendships without the man trying to fuck them.

By the way, I was asking in Cassie was married there, not you, although you were very keen to emphasise your new singleness. It's very flattering, but I'm taken I'm afraid... You sleaze.
Hahahaha a) I know, that's why I said I was jumping in! As b) all of my hopes dashed upon the pavement. Obscure forum romance is not to be. Seriously though, I just... I didn't want to get scolded for talking to strangers again. I'm so easy.............to talk to ;)
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Pete please tell me that is a joke. Yes I'm married(for now). Goodness that caused a roar, didn't mean too. A cheeky joke, not intended to support infidelity, there's enough of that going around.
You are the one that went there anyway, suggesting I wear less clothes. Behave.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:50 pm

No joke. Disgusting behaviour from a married lady...

Seriously though, you are right, I should not have suggested less clothes. You should wear your granddad's clothes. You'd look incredible.

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 pm

You're a good man Pete.

I would wear my granddads clothes but then I'd smell like R Kelly's sheets. No thanks.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:43 pm

But 99 cents!

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Cassie wrote:You're a good man Pete.
FYI this is spot on

helentx

Post by helentx » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Sitting at the departure gate in Luxembourg last week I decided to ask the woman sitting opposite about the band on her shirt "The Flatliners". Turned out she'd been at the same gig & in the same hotel & we'd both just paid an eyewatering amount for a taxi to the airport. [The day before I'd done bus to Lux centre for E2 & train to the gig for E2. The line was up from one stop before the gig but the replacement bus stopped right outside.] She was very good company on the ride into central London. May never see her again. Quite possibly will.

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:44 pm

I find I make friends on the 01:05 from Waterloo if I happen to be on my own. (If not on my own my time is spent making sure my friend stays on until his stop :roll: )

Some friends and I were booked into seats with a poor young guy who seemed a little timid (on a long trip to Cardiff) we shared our vodka with him and now we are all friends and catch up on Twitter all the time.

I work in retail sales though so I find it really easy to strike up conversations. Same with flirting/chatting up, I do it all the time despite being attached a bit. I cant help it plus it helps in my job as well.
Never put a sock in a toaster!

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Leilalei wrote: Same with flirting/chatting up, I do it all the time despite being attached a bit. I cant help it plus it helps in my job as well.
Pete is disgusted with your behaviour in case you're wondering.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 am

Leilalei wrote:Same with flirting/chatting up, I do it all the time despite being attached a bit.
A bit?! Lucky lad...

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Pete wrote:
Leilalei wrote:Same with flirting/chatting up, I do it all the time despite being attached a bit.
A bit?! Lucky lad...

The 'a bit' was meant tongue in cheek. The a bit is actually many many (many) years , 2 kids, home but no pets. Im not ready for that level of commitment.
Never put a sock in a toaster!