A good interview from musicradar

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Venomous_Bear

A good interview from musicradar

Post by Venomous_Bear » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:13 am

http://m.musicradar.com/news/guitars/fr ... iew-582640

So Frank tweeted this earlier, and I like how this one required a little bit more of the "what were you listening to when you wrote TDH" bits. I am especially pleased, because I hear Rivers in "Four Simple Words". The way it's written, and the way Frank's voice goes when he sings "we just want our own space to dance, man", etc. "Time Machine" as well, but mostly "FSW". This is making my mind explode, as =w= saved rock the first time, and now FT is, and both like Iron Maiden. I know this makes no sense, but it's just musical math and it equals awesome.

But mostly, I just wanted to say... if you are slightly channeling the glorious Mr. Cuomo for the next album, I shall be most pleased.

*waits to find out if FT was listening to SFTBH, the colours, Pinkerton...(don't answer! It'll be fun to find out when it's released)*
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

darlenet.

Re: A good interview from musicradar

Post by darlenet. » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 am

Venomous_Bear wrote:But mostly, I just wanted to say... if you are slightly channeling the glorious Mr. Cuomo for the next album, I shall be most pleased.
I have the biggest smile on my face. One of the top 5 shows, I went to, was hearing Pinkerton in its entirety. Rivers was (almost) animated. The night before, they did the same with the "blue" album. I decided to be a responsible adult and chose one show (Classic Sophie's choice). In retrospect, I should have taken both kids and ran for it. I heard that the blue album show was killer, too.
shows? 90 so far...

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:41 am

darlenet. wrote:
I have the biggest smile on my face. One of the top 5 shows, I went to, was hearing Pinkerton in its entirety. Rivers was (almost) animated. The night before, they did the same with the "blue" album. I decided to be a responsible adult and chose one show (Classic Sophie's choice). In retrospect, I should have taken both kids and ran for it. I heard that the blue album show was killer, too.
OHHH man, I don't even know which I would have picked. I love the line about Rivers almost being animated hahaha ;) so true.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:13 pm

That was a fantastic interview! Got very excited to read Frank has been heavy into Sam Cooke recently. Would love to hear him work on a Sam cover. And for those who think it wouldn't translate, The Doors did an incredibly rocking version of Little Red Rooster.
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:23 am

LoveStreet wrote:That was a fantastic interview! Got very excited to read Frank has been heavy into Sam Cooke recently. Would love to hear him work on a Sam cover. And for those who think it wouldn't translate, The Doors did an incredibly rocking version of Little Red Rooster.
I heartily agree; I am a massive Sam Cooke fan. Definitely Frank would rock a Sam Cooke cover. (However, I preferred Tom Waits' version of Little Red Rooster over the Doors').

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y71GPBPf_ME
shows? 90 so far...