Favorite pic of your city

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
Bella
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by Bella » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:21 pm

on the off chance anyone is remotely interested I put a few more of my pics up on flickr...

somewhere I would love to go again - Venice

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bugsbutter ... 386991752/

New Zealand

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bugsbutter ... 373876325/

Singapore

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bugsbutter ... 389988895/

North Wales

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bugsbutter ... 400619492/


Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

ccapanni
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by ccapanni » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:24 pm

http://files2.structurae.de/files/photo ... 000587.jpg

Here's a pic of my home town, Erskine, Scotland. Famous for being the (former) suicide capital of the world. Thanks to the mahoosive bridge going over the clyde. Also famous for having nothing else in it.
1377, 1524, 1620, 1650
14

User avatar
Tomasz
Posts: 1546
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by Tomasz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 am

My city is a shit hole everyone takes the piss out of, but I like it.

http://i.imgur.com/6vpNzMA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IkkoIJP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zqqMdAZ.jpg
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

User avatar
Tomasz
Posts: 1546
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by Tomasz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:26 am

ccapanni wrote:http://files2.structurae.de/files/photo ... 000587.jpg

Here's a pic of my home town, Erskine, Scotland. Famous for being the (former) suicide capital of the world. Thanks to the mahoosive bridge going over the clyde. Also famous for having nothing else in it.
HP have got an office there.
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

User avatar
Bella
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by Bella » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Tomasz wrote:My city is a shit hole everyone takes the piss out of, but I like it.

http://i.imgur.com/6vpNzMA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IkkoIJP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zqqMdAZ.jpg
pretty - where is it?


Tomasz wrote:
ccapanni wrote:http://files2.structurae.de/files/photo ... 000587.jpg

Here's a pic of my home town, Erskine, Scotland. Famous for being the (former) suicide capital of the world. Thanks to the mahoosive bridge going over the clyde. Also famous for having nothing else in it.
HP have got an office there.

are you another IT/HP person?? (hubby is an Oracle DBA)

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

User avatar
tiffiny
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:38 am
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by tiffiny » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:22 pm

I realize I have my city listed as Denver here (and most places- though I think I did live in Denver when I joined this forum), however I'm actually in a suburb called Aurora which no one had ever heard of until last summer. I took this at the memorial service, which was a beautiful gathering full of love and community, so here is my city:

Image
4.2.09, 9.13.09, 2.14.10, 2.15.10, 2.16.10, 2.17.10, 8.11.10, 10.15.10, 10.16.10 x2, 09.27.11 x2, 10.07.11, 3.3.12, 3.4.12, 3.5.12, 9.18.12, 9.29.12, 9.30.12, 3.6.13, 3.7.13, 3.15.13, 6.7.13 x2, 6.8.13 x2, 8.8.13, 10.9.13, 11.27.13, 11.29.13, 11.30.13

ke20bouc
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:54 am

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by ke20bouc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:03 am

Bella wrote: I would give my eye teeth to hear Frank cover the song Career Moves, I can almost hear what it would sound like... I think it would really suit him and the lyrics are really appropriate - not that I don't like the LW original, I love it... just... you know when you can just about hear it in your head??????

Bella
x

Bella, he did cover "Career Moves" at a show I just saw Monday night at Upstate Concert Hall! He has been doing regional covers and couldn't find any significant artists from the Clifton Park area and instead extended the "region" to include Westchester, NY, where Loudon Wainwright is from. I love Wainwright- but Frank killed it. He said it was one of his favorite songs about being a musician. It gave me chills! I wish I had recorded it so I could share it...hopefully someone at the same show did and will upload to YouTube soon. That is amazing that you called such a specific song for him to end up covering! I guess you were right to have that premonition! :)

Kate

User avatar
Bella
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by Bella » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:19 pm

ke20bouc wrote:
Bella wrote: I would give my eye teeth to hear Frank cover the song Career Moves, I can almost hear what it would sound like... I think it would really suit him and the lyrics are really appropriate - not that I don't like the LW original, I love it... just... you know when you can just about hear it in your head??????

Bella
x

Bella, he did cover "Career Moves" at a show I just saw Monday night at Upstate Concert Hall! He has been doing regional covers and couldn't find any significant artists from the Clifton Park area and instead extended the "region" to include Westchester, NY, where Loudon Wainwright is from. I love Wainwright- but Frank killed it. He said it was one of his favorite songs about being a musician. It gave me chills! I wish I had recorded it so I could share it...hopefully someone at the same show did and will upload to YouTube soon. That is amazing that you called such a specific song for him to end up covering! I guess you were right to have that premonition! :)

Kate
oh WOW!

had a search and can't see a video of it - I would love to see that though!

He has covered Motel Blues and Road Ode (with Revival Tour) of Loudon's before and both really suited him so it figures that other songs of his would too....

If any one has a video of this I would love it if you could share with us, and then I can put it onthe covers list too :-)

Thanks

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

User avatar
Watergirl
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by Watergirl » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Old thread, but I was reminded of it today. My friend Paul whom I have known since we were both four just made a video for his song 'Land oan de grens'. This translates as 'Land at the border' and it is about the village Tolkamer on the Rhine where we are both from. Tolkamer is in the Netherlands, right at the border with Germany. I have been living in Dublin for 23 years now, but it's really nice to see these places that I am still so familiar with in a video. It is sung in the dialect of the area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXiS6aqJUmw
872 1064/84/87/88 1133/34/84/85 *1216* 1257/81/82 1307/08/09/10 1364 1444/45/46/63 1527/29/30/43/45 1621/22/23/97/98 *1700* 1704/82/84/85/86 1808/29/30/31/76/77 1958/77/97/99 *2000* 2076/87 2153/54 2174/75/76/77/78 2254/55 2339/40/41/42/43/55/58/76

User avatar
DavidPorges
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:03 am
Location: Israel

Re: Favorite pic of your city

Post by DavidPorges » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Kfar Saba , Israel.

Its a fairly large city in the center of the country. It used to be a huge field for farmers but not anymore. Nothing special and shitty nightlife too. But there are some incredibly beautiful girls round here

This is our big park:
Image

This is near the theater:

]http://62.90.138.233/blogim/crystalarts ... 260_34.jpg

This is an old picture:

http://img2.tapuz.co.il/forums/1_164963570.jpg

EDIT: Pics are too big so I replaced them with links

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest