Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

JerseyGirl

Polaroid Picture

Post by JerseyGirl » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Let go of the little distractions
Hold on to the ones that you love
Cause we won't all be here this time next year
So while ya can take a picture of us

Makes me weepy- our 21 year old son moved out of our home on June 1st to go live with friends. It's all good. I miss him and his messes so much.

Be nice to your parents- they're good people and some of them are Frank fans, too.

I really, really love the song- Frank's writing never ceases to amaze me- and if I was 21 it would surely have a totally different meaning, of course.

xxooo

Gleena

Re: Polaroid Picture

Post by Gleena » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:49 am

Co-incidentally, I had a Polaroid Picture breakdown myself today - I had a really good friend from the time I was in HS through my first round of college. She was my roommate and we lost touch. It's her birthday. Popped up on my Spotify list and I had a good sniffle on the train and there was definitely something in my eyes...

"There was this one time, there was this one time, when things were ok."

Perk up, Mom. My kid is turning 18 this year and going travelling next year. I'mma be a mess then, too.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Thanks, Gleena.

Love those last lines, too.

It kind of makes me chuckle as I can't imagine Frank had a middle aged Mom in mind when writing that song! When I was leaving college, Billy Joel's "I Loved These Days" was our prom theme song!

Find your old friend- send her some Frank Turner music! I've reconnected with a HS friend and because of Frank's music, have been communicating and trying to meet up for a gig!

zohaa3492

Post by zohaa3492 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:31 am

Oooo...thanks, I'll wander on over there.
Are you worried about SK0-003 braindumps dumps exam mybraindumps HP2-E58 preparation? We offer up-to-dated www.hood.edu practice questions and www.brandeis.edu dumps with Sterling College exam pass guarantee of mcts training.

trogette

Post by trogette » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:21 pm

We lost my husband's dad this year. He will be missed when we're at theirs tomorrow for dinner, I mean he's missed all the time but Christmas Eve dinner was a thing, yunno? And my eldest is back from uni, but spending half her time with her boyfriend so not here, and the next one is similarly on holiday from college but barely here either. Hey ho, the world turns...

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Fucking Christmas messes everybody up. Hugs to everyone!
shows? 90 so far...