Frank makes me so emotional.

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

sarahg

Re: Frank makes me so emotional.

Post by sarahg » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:00 pm

SB, thanks so much for your kind words, it means a lot. I am really stoked that you shared this, turns out ft has the nicest fans too, lol!
I have a stupid chronic pain condition that makes me find walking hard, my legs get stiff and numb and and they refuse to work, then in March my hip snapped, turns out my bones are rubbish. Only just getting my dumb body to move again now, but I share your attitude never give up!
I want to see ft live, it is my goal!!!!

Thanks again mate :D good luck with your recovery!
Xxxxxxxx

SB

Post by SB » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 pm

I've been to more gigs since my illness that I went to before. Loads of the venues are brilliant and sitting at a gig really isn't that bad.

Chronic pain is hideous - it's probably one of my major problems at the moment. I don't know where you're based but there is the most amazing pain management consultant at Kings Hospital, London.

Fellow FT fans, now firm friends, have kept me going this year. They're all ace. Welcome!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Bella wrote:One of the things I love at Frank's gigs - not just the meeting of wonderful people, but the shared stories about what various songs meant to each of us.

Its the most amazing thing to me, to find out that I am not the only one who gets teary eyed during certain songs, or that some songs make me wonder if Frank is some kind of mind reader and he's busy telling the world about my/you/our lives because the lyrics are uncannily describing events that have happened to me/you/us.... whilst at the same time being vague enough not to name names/places/dates.

:D

Bella
x
Exactly, Bella!!!!

I finally mustered up the courage to tell Frank after a show what one of his songs meant to me and my relationship with my daughter, and of course tears started down my face. And being the lovely that he is, just gave me the best hug, and explained that his intention in writing that particular song, has affected many people in a way he hadn't intended. And he seemed touched.
shows? 90 so far...

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:17 pm

SB wrote:I've been to more gigs since my illness that I went to before. Loads of the venues are brilliant and sitting at a gig really isn't that bad.

Chronic pain is hideous - it's probably one of my major problems at the moment. I don't know where you're based but there is the most amazing pain management consultant at Kings Hospital, London.

Fellow FT fans, now firm friends, have kept me going this year. They're all ace. Welcome!
Thanks for making me feel so welcome, it means a lot.
I am out by Stansted airport, the pain management clinic got closed due to cuts. But the medication keeps me going.
It is good to have a goal to focus on :D seeing ft live is the best one I can think of!!!
Sarah xxx

taylor

Post by taylor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:18 am

Guys! I didn't check this thread 'til just now because I figured I'd embarrassed myself and no one would respond. You are all the absolute best, and so is Frank!
Making someone feel that it is okay for them to be exactly who they are is the greatest kindness one human being can do for another.

Always make 'em laugh, try to make 'em cry-- always take the stage like it's the last night of your life.

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Long Live the Queen is brilliant- makes me weep still and found it just after losing my sister- thanks Frank for giving us an anthem for our departed loved ones.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:03 am

This thread makes me feel like an emotionless, cold-hearted person. I have no emotional connection to any of Frank's songs, or to any songs (apart from one or two).

smithyramfan

Post by smithyramfan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Had my heart broken by someone I really care about the week TDH came out, as result some of the songs (Tell Tale Signs, Plain Sailing Weather and Redemption from EKMB in particular) really tear my up as they bring back the memories from that week. Doesn't help that those songs in particular are very emotional ones in the first place just added my emotional baggage onto them
crap at dancing and can't hold my drink...
Shows: Lincoln 24/11/12, Nottingham 09/02/14, Y Not Festival 03/08/14

conrad26

Post by conrad26 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:12 am

At first I was a little lukewarm to Tape Deck Heart, I preferred his back catalogue, but I heard the heart-wrenching Anymore, and I'm just...man. His songs get you right in the very soul of your being. Only other band that I can claim affects me like Frank has is Weezer on Pinkerton. Anyway, Anymore, Tell Tale Signs, the cover of Plea From A Cat Named Virtute, Better Half, Jet Lag, and Redemption are all songs that draw emotions out of me.