New fan

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

ninjastar

New fan

Post by ninjastar » Sun May 12, 2013 12:40 am

Hey everyone,

I am a "fairly new" Frank fan.

I saw him between two acts I was watching at Reading fest two years ago, after then seeing him on the Olympics I bought England Keep My Bones (and have recently got a tattoo based on my favourite song from this album!)
I of course since got Tape Deck Heart but am now after recommendations of which order to get his back catalogue in :mrgreen:

darlenet.

Re: New fan

Post by darlenet. » Sun May 12, 2013 3:32 am

Hey ninjastar:

When I first heard Frank's music, Love, Ire & Song was the current album, so I hold it dear to my heart. I then went on iTunes and got the other albums/EPs. Not sure about the proper order, but you must get it all. There are gems on each one.

darlene
shows? 90 so far...

Unorthadox1080

Post by Unorthadox1080 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 am

you'll definitely end up with everything sooner or later, i'd go with love ire and song next, however you must get the take to the road live album soon, i've listened to that thing hundreds of times, also it'll take you through the first 3 albums.

TheOneWorthLeaving

Post by TheOneWorthLeaving » Sun May 12, 2013 10:25 am

I still think the first two albums are the "best" because I can relate to them more. I guess because Frank had a more "normal" life when he wrote them, full of angst and failure and whatnot. Those kind of things were missing on the next two albums, they were more about bravery and success and how great things are, basically things I have little experience of in comparison (har har). However TDH is a return to the earlier Frank, it feels very human and is very touching even if it is more like stadium rock than angsty folk. Of course these are generalisations as each album is varied but that's the general feel I've always had.

seamiedev

Post by seamiedev » Sun May 12, 2013 10:38 am

GET EVERYTHING !!! :mrgreen: , only recently gotten into Frank myself buying EKMBs after it had been out a few months. The two albums I'd been without up until last night were Love Ire & Song and Poetry Of The Deed, picked up both on vinyl at the gig in Dublin, €15 each !!! - talk about a bargain !!!!
:D

As Good As It Gets

Post by As Good As It Gets » Sun May 12, 2013 10:58 am

On another forum i frequent, we've had a poll running for a couple of years in the official Frank Turner thread as to what was everyone's favourite album. This is the result minus Tape Deck Heart...

43. 2nd February 2006 @ Jax Bar, Hartlepool

The day Frank came & played for me!