Tape Deck Heart

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

moomin

Re: Tape Deck Heart

Post by moomin » Mon May 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Blonde wrote: Which would be fine if the deluxe edition had the bonus tracks on a separate disc. But they aren't, making the album 18 tracks long, which is too long and I find myself switching it off halfway through the bonus tracks. I'm not always nearby to be able to pause it after the twelve songs.

3 bonus songs at the end of an album is fine, 5 or more would be a lot better on a separate disc.
if any album is longer than an hour long then my alarm plays the same album over and over as it cannot change to the next, this however I don't see as a real problem as I can move it along myself to choose what I wish to wake up to the next day. I would rather have the bonus songs than none at all and having just five on a separate disc would annoy me further as then I would have to choose which new songs I want to hear, the small disc or the longer disc. If I have an album and effectively an EP of the same artist that is another new album or long over due listening again album from another artist I am missing out on in my five deck changer so pro's and con's for each I think.

You could rip the album onto a disc and then get the album as just an album?

moomin

Post by moomin » Fri May 31, 2013 10:26 pm

there is actually one thing which is really bugging me on this album
and I really should get busy or something because it really isn't something to be bugged about, but the use of Amelie, I don't understand its use as an example of love being easy at all. There a million films, stories, songs etc which do, in my eyes, make love an overly simplistic affair of roses and sunshine but Amelie to me is one of the last ones I would say does. And thus every time I hear that line I cringe a bit

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Fri May 31, 2013 10:48 pm

moomin wrote:there is actually one thing which is really bugging me on this album
and I really should get busy or something because it really isn't something to be bugged about, but the use of Amelie, I don't understand its use as an example of love being easy at all. There a million films, stories, songs etc which do, in my eyes, make love an overly simplistic affair of roses and sunshine but Amelie to me is one of the last ones I would say does. And thus every time I hear that line I cringe a bit
I don't think Amelie necessarily makes love seem easy, but it's totally soft-focus cloying romanticism. That's not to say I don't like the film, but it's a piece of fantasy.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

moomin

Post by moomin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:59 pm

frank wrote:
moomin wrote:there is actually one thing which is really bugging me on this album
I don't think Amelie necessarily makes love seem easy, but it's totally soft-focus cloying romanticism. That's not to say I don't like the film, but it's a piece of fantasy.
Wait you mean its not real?
fuck, my life is over and all my dreams crushed ruthlessly on an internet forum.

I did feel the need to get that little bug off my chest so I could get over it and enjoy it rhyming nicely in the song.
right I best get back to reading Cinderella and plan for when Prince Charming rides in through the streets of London on his white charger to save me from this life of drudgery....
:wink:

Rose05

Post by Rose05 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Tape Deck Heart is by far the most intimate and true album I have ever listened to. Frank is not afraid.

brummiegirl

Post by brummiegirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:06 pm

I cannot stop listening to this album at all. Every time I hear something different and every time I think a different song is my favourite. On first hearing I wasn't convinced but now I know, it's a work of genius....

minorkeys

Post by minorkeys » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:38 pm

brummiegirl wrote:I cannot stop listening to this album at all. Every time I hear something different and every time I think a different song is my favourite. On first hearing I wasn't convinced but now I know, it's a work of genius....
I agree with you - it's takes a few listens. I love Polaroid Picture and Broken Piano.

The songwriting and arrangements seem more experimental and it feels more of a "studio" album than others. I love the attention to detail and, just like you mention, I hear something different each time. I think it's an album that will continue to grow and I don't feel like I've got everything out of it yet! Definitely a good thing.

Emitime

Post by Emitime » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:16 pm

If it makes it bug you less, the film does contain this line:

"[true love does exist.]... I'll even give you the recipe. Take two regulars, mix them together and let them stew. It never fails."

Easy.
335, 411, 449, 460, 498, 500, 522, 623, 719, 980, 982, 990, 1000, 1021, 1079, 1080, 1142, 1216, 1377, 1419, 1423, 1564, 1623, 1719, 1792, 1889, 1922, 1998-ish, 2000
MH: 2, 7

moomin

Post by moomin » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Emitime wrote:
If it makes it bug you less, the film does contain this line:

"[true love does exist.]... I'll even give you the recipe. Take two regulars, mix them together and let them stew. It never fails."

Easy.
sounds a bit Hannibal :shock:

catching up on BTCC tonight and it's not just Recovery which gets played but Oh Brother. Seems someone in the Touring Car family really loves Tape Deck Heart

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:00 am

So this album has finally grown on me. For the first time since it's release, I want to listen to it on repeat, as opposed to listening to it because I feel like I should to familiarise myself with the lyrics.

moomin

Post by moomin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:44 am

I have had actually had to take it out of my stereo because it was getting to the point it was all I was listening to

when there are Staves, and Sheep Stealers, Lockey's, Marwoods and Left Futures to also be listening to this was a bad thing