Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

KangarooAlice

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by KangarooAlice » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm

I remember hearing a lot of Blondie, ABBA, Ramones, Pixies, The Men They Couldn't Hang, The Manics as I was a bit older and 'Brucey-baby' (Springteen!) as my Mum would refer to him! Haha. Also distinctly remember my Mum's outrage as I destroyed a Talking Heads tape!
"I'm not hungover, I have the Booze Blues!!"

stothy862

Post by stothy862 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 pm

KangarooAlice wrote:Did you ever find a date? There are enough fans out there, there must be someone!
This isn't to do with lonely hearts, but in May I'll be a sister for the first time, and as I'm 19 (!) years older, I feel it's my duty to make sure she listen to Frank! Not sure I could cope with a sister who liked Dubstep or something..
This would be awful! I have been partially successful in this quest, my brother, sister and mum all love frank and I have taken them to see him multiple times, my dad and I quote "hates him" so I failed there, he dislikes springsteen. He only really enjoys listening to Bowie,the Verve, Adele, Jessie J and Plan B. Not a bad choice but he has expressed no interest in any other music really! Well at 19 myself I can tell you it will drive you crazy when your siblings listen to some atrocious pop but it is even more annoying when they take your favourite song and play it on repeat attempting to sing it which borderline ruins it for you. Good luck on your mission!

Esso #13

Post by Esso #13 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 am

Me and my girlfriend's first date was Frank's gig at Bath Komedia in 2010, we've been together over 2 and a half years now.

Frank Turner = Good Omen

herdivineshadow

Post by herdivineshadow » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 am

mankytoes wrote:
My dad played Hendrix and The Doors repeatedly when I was young, I'm sure it affected my music taste. The earlier you start, the better.
My dad did that with The Doors too. Except he used to play a looped tape of the instrumental section from the album version of Light My Fire.

I can't listen to The Doors now without developing a headache :( On the other hand, it was a right giggle when we played the song to conclude his cremation service...

My mum played a lot of Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey and Foster & Allen though. Never developed a taste of accordion music, but I do like most of the musical output of Wales. So.

What's better - finding someone who already likes FT or introducing someone to his music and them loving it?
Rachel x

last.fm | twitter

moving pictures

Post by moving pictures » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:40 am

My fiancee and I met at a Million Dead gig in Derby in 2005. Now nearly 8 year on and one baby later.

NovembersStorms

Post by NovembersStorms » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:20 am

moving pictures wrote:My fiancee and I met at a Million Dead gig in Derby in 2005. Now nearly 8 year on and one baby later.
Nice! I could definitely see how a Frank show could be romantic but an MD gig? It's meant to be if you meet someone there!
part time gigger , full time waster, twitter, founder of the Tarrant Anderson Fan Club (@StephenEamonn)

DaveK

Post by DaveK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm

My daughter grew up listening to XTC, The Smiths, The Pogues, Blink-182, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, The Cure and many others. She's 16 now and I've been taking her to concerts since she was 13. She loves The Used, Man Overboard, The Wonder Years, We Came As Romans, You Me At Six, and the like. Lately she's been getting into Ed Sheeran (she has tickets to see him on Tuesday). Can't get her into Frank yet though. She says, "he's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day".

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm

DaveK wrote:My daughter grew up listening to XTC, The Smiths, The Pogues, Blink-182, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, The Cure and many others. She's 16 now and I've been taking her to concerts since she was 13. She loves The Used, Man Overboard, The Wonder Years, We Came As Romans, You Me At Six, and the like. Lately she's been getting into Ed Sheeran (she has tickets to see him on Tuesday). Can't get her into Frank yet though. She says, "he's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day".
haha that's awesome.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

nellied

Post by nellied » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:09 pm

I'd say hey what the hell... but my mates have pretty much now banned me from ever dating a Frank fan again...
You'll be surprised if you use internet dating is you mention Frank in your profile what a conversation starter it is. Not that i'm advocating the use of Frank as an dating tool... but hey, whatever works really....
Past: '09: 29/8 '10: 17/3 26/8 27/8 3/12 11/12 31/12 '11: 17/2 5/3 21/4 (#1k) 9/5 13/5 15/5 7/7 3/8 6/8 26a/8 26b/8 13/9 14/9 15/9 17/9 18/9 24/11 26/11 27/11 '12 13/4 7/7 13/11 31/1 '13: 1/1
Upcoming ?

markbarlow

Post by markbarlow » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 pm

jsweeting24 wrote:Not as desperate as the title makes out, so dont fret!

Basically, I thought I'd use the forum as a way of trying to *ahem* meet a girl who is into Frank as much as I am. This has been done many times before I'm sure on music forums for like minded people to meet or at least talk, and therefore I am using this forum as a form of communication. Basically, I want to take a girl to see Frank who enjoys it as much as I do!

I'm 20, living between Nottingham and Lincoln and in my final year of university. Interests include music, football (Condemned to be an Oldham Athletic supporter) and watching US dramas (looking at you, Homeland)

A guy can try, right?
Mate if you were a girl, I'd take you out! I'm a fellow Latic too.

What about yesterday eh? Bonkers stuff. Hopefully you don't feel too "condemned" after that.