Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

jsweeting24
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:18 am

Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by jsweeting24 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Not as desperate as the title makes out, so dont fret!

Basically, I thought I'd use the forum as a way of trying to *ahem* meet a girl who is into Frank as much as I am. This has been done many times before I'm sure on music forums for like minded people to meet or at least talk, and therefore I am using this forum as a form of communication. Basically, I want to take a girl to see Frank who enjoys it as much as I do!

I'm 20, living between Nottingham and Lincoln and in my final year of university. Interests include music, football (Condemned to be an Oldham Athletic supporter) and watching US dramas (looking at you, Homeland)

A guy can try, right?
Last edited by jsweeting24 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skhmmxi
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by skhmmxi » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:04 pm

:shock:

You're brave, I'll give you that. I really do hope this works out for you, though.

If it results in a marriage, I think it's only fair that frank has to turn up at your wedding wearing the riverboat gambler's hat he used to wear at the early gigs.
218,278,284,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,980,1000,1143,1216,1303,1321,1384,1441,1464,1518,1527,1545,1595,1611,next:RAH 29/03

User avatar
Tomasz
Posts: 1546
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by Tomasz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:46 am

Is 04rebhop single?
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

ToTheWest
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by ToTheWest » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:52 am

If you were ten years older and lived in Southern California, I'd give you my number. ;-) Good luck, though.
Brevity is not my forte.

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by Pete » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:32 am

jsweeting24 wrote:A/S/L?
FYP ;)
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

anna.m.e
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by anna.m.e » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:11 pm

These things never worked for me... But, I wish you luck with this! :wink:

circe
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by circe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:27 pm

is it wrong to get married SO frank turns up at the wedding? moral dilemma...alas, I live too far away.

jsweeting24
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by jsweeting24 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Like I said, no harm in trying ;)

User avatar
NovembersStorms
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Dublin
Contact:

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by NovembersStorms » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:57 am

I met a girl at Frank's Dublin gig in September 2011, and she broke my heart. So far I'm off to a bad start with Frank Turner-related relationships!
part time gigger , full time waster, twitter, founder of the Tarrant Anderson Fan Club (@StephenEamonn)

tarpster77
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:26 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by tarpster77 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm always looking for a girl who likes him as much as I do, would be awesome
17/03/10, 16/06/10, 04/03/11, 18/05/11, 26/11/11, 13/04/12, 18/08/12, 23/08/12 (MH), 17/11/12, 31/12/12, 17/04/13, 11/07/13, 12/07/13, 24/08/13, 09/02/14, 12/02/14, 28/6/14 (MH), 02/08/14, 12/09/14, 27/09/14, 28/09/14, 28/01/15, 17/03/15, 10/08/2015 x2..

mankytoes
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by mankytoes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm

NovembersStorms wrote:I met a girl at Frank's Dublin gig in September 2011, and she broke my heart. So far I'm off to a bad start with Frank Turner-related relationships!
Songs like Substitute must just be stupidly evocative for you now...

I did mention Frank on the first date I had with my girlfriend, and she said she liked him. Excellent compatability test that.
If you're oh so fucking different, who cares what you have to say?

KangarooAlice
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by KangarooAlice » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Did you ever find a date? There are enough fans out there, there must be someone!
This isn't to do with lonely hearts, but in May I'll be a sister for the first time, and as I'm 19 (!) years older, I feel it's my duty to make sure she listen to Frank! Not sure I could cope with a sister who liked Dubstep or something..
"I'm not hungover, I have the Booze Blues!!"

mankytoes
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by mankytoes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm

KangarooAlice wrote:Did you ever find a date? There are enough fans out there, there must be someone!
This isn't to do with lonely hearts, but in May I'll be a sister for the first time, and as I'm 19 (!) years older, I feel it's my duty to make sure she listen to Frank! Not sure I could cope with a sister who liked Dubstep or something..
My dad played Hendrix and The Doors repeatedly when I was young, I'm sure it affected my music taste. The earlier you start, the better.
If you're oh so fucking different, who cares what you have to say?

User avatar
Blonde
Posts: 2089
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by Blonde » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:39 pm

mankytoes wrote:
KangarooAlice wrote:Did you ever find a date? There are enough fans out there, there must be someone!
This isn't to do with lonely hearts, but in May I'll be a sister for the first time, and as I'm 19 (!) years older, I feel it's my duty to make sure she listen to Frank! Not sure I could cope with a sister who liked Dubstep or something..
My dad played Hendrix and The Doors repeatedly when I was young, I'm sure it affected my music taste. The earlier you start, the better.
I agree with this. I never got lullabies as a baby, I got Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. And this hasn't really changed at all.

justdip
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Frank Turner Fans Lonely Hearts.

Post by justdip » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 am

tarpster77 wrote:I'm always looking for a girl who likes him as much as I do, would be awesome
I read him as ham.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests