Ink

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Smoking Jim

Ink

Post by Smoking Jim » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:02 pm

So Friday the 13th is my 41st birthday, birthday treat of a trip to Wembley, and I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo. and I'm wondering;

1. Am I too old for hero worship - especially a guy 10 or more years younger than me? :oops:
2. I was thinking of getting FTHC in the cross (you know what I mean) on the inside of my elbow, what do you think?
3. Does the fact that I'm asking mean I'm not ready?

minidazzler

Re: Ink

Post by minidazzler » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Too old for hero worship? Not a chance, my guide on that is that if they are so young that you had sex before they were born then it can get a bit odd (I'm looking at you, Twilight Mams). But 10 years younger is feck all.

Do you mean actually just inside your elbow or below it on your forearm? I imagine it would be rather painful to get the elbow tattoo'd. But I suppose it's hidable so depending on your workplace they can't say anything.

Asking is to be expected given it's your first one.
I'd rather be the one who loves than to be loved and never even know.

Smoking Jim

Post by Smoking Jim » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:21 pm

When I say inside my elbow, I mean the spot they stick the needle when you give blood, so it can be seen when I (badly) strum my guitar. Wouldn't be a promlem with work as long as neck or hands aren't done.

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:45 am

I say go for it. Can you think of any reason not to? It's not like it's a Tattoo that you will end up hating, well, unless Frank goes Skinhead White Supremacist or something equally disgusting. But I highly doubt that would happen. :)
I'd rather be the one who loves than to be loved and never even know.

aidanC

Post by aidanC » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm off to get my first tattoo right now, and it's lyrics from Photosynthesis. Been considering it for a while and the time is right! I know there's already a tattoo thread but I thought I'd post here, photos will follow! Personally I prefer lyrics to the FTHC design but each to his own. Very Excited!

chrislouden

Post by chrislouden » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Go for it. I got Frank to write down my favorite lyric and an FTHC when he was in El Paso. I'm still working up the courage to get it inked. Hopefully soon.
-Chris
reddit.com/r/frankturner
Shows: Oct 12 2010, Nov 22 2010, May 05 2011 (1st Show), May 05 2011 (2nd Show), Oct 10 2011, Feb 02 2012, TBD, TBD, TBD, TBD...

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Why the hell not?
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

moomin

Post by moomin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm

do it do it do it

really need to sort my second

JLT_CFC

Post by JLT_CFC » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 pm

You're never too old. At the end of the day, it's your skin, do what you want with it. Only thing I will say is that I've heard the elbow is a sore one, right up there with the collar bone and anything on the spine or ribs.

Personally, once I get my new job sorted out and start bringing in a bit more income, I'm getting the poetry of the deed cover on my upper arm with "Let's grab life by the throat and then live it to pieces" above and below it.
"Movebusty? Yes, I've played it in scrabble many times."

Cheese'thans

Post by Cheese'thans » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Smoking Jim wrote:So Friday the 13th is my 41st birthday, birthday treat of a trip to Wembley, and I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo. and I'm wondering;

1. Am I too old for hero worship - especially a guy 10 or more years younger than me? :oops:
2. I was thinking of getting FTHC in the cross (you know what I mean) on the inside of my elbow, what do you think?
3. Does the fact that I'm asking mean I'm not ready?
Happy Birthday, It's my B-Day as well (#26)!

ToTheWest

Post by ToTheWest » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:14 am

For what it's worth, I've just gotten my second FT lyric tattoo... Well, it's actually a backpiece that has turned out to be a massively expensive and time-consuming beast--but it's going to look amazing when it's done, so I'll post a photo later.

Anyway, I don't think of mine as hero worship; I see it as memorializing some awesome poetry... written by someone who also happens to have a talent for writing fantastic songs and seems to be totally down-to-earth and as appreciative of our support as we are of his music. And, until a couple years ago, I was the girl who (despite having many tattooed friends) always thought she'd never get a tattoo because she couldn't think of anything she felt confident she would want inked on her body for the rest of her life!

I know yours isn't going to be lyrics, but if it feels right, go for it! (After all, you're 41, not 18.) Good luck, and happy birthday!
Brevity is not my forte.

rockabillygirl

Post by rockabillygirl » Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 am

Dont be a wussy get the tattoo I'm a girl i have my elbow done its not bad and where you want it is def not bad doesnt hurt and Franks the best! Never to old I have like 8 tattoos including a 1/2 sleeve for I am disappeared which you can see in Franks tat albums

sickboy72

Post by sickboy72 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:13 pm

I got tattoo'd before this Gig, nice way to add to the memory of an awesome day

sickboy72

Post by sickboy72 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:21 pm