Bootlegs

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Post Reply
seamiedev
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 am
Location: Ireland

Bootlegs

Post by seamiedev » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 am

Hey all. just wondering what's the story re bootleg sharing on here ??, I've only recently discovered FT but have managed to come across some liev concerts & radio sessions that I'll gladly share if that's allowed here.
:D

User avatar
Bella
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Bootlegs

Post by Bella » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Hia,

I think as long as what you have is not something that Frank (or XtraMile/Epitaph) is selling then its fine.

I know a few people on here have posted links to all things Frank related - video clips, interviews etc so I think it should be ok.

I've seen/heard most of what's on soundcloud and youtube, but can't download things that appear to be on livestream feeds (possibly due to copywright and/or digital protection) Some of the radio stuff or BBC stuff I can't even see because I don't live in the UK - very fustrating!

What have you got?

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

seamiedev
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Bootlegs

Post by seamiedev » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Below's a list of what I've got so far, I can Upload as requested.

re: BBC from overseas, have you tried Expat Shield ?? You should be able to listen to full shows on iPlayer radio anywhere, it's only the video & selected audio clips that are blocked out side the UK, Expat Shield does the job for from Ireland anyway thought you still cannot rip from the site, so i let videos play & use Polderbits to record and then split into tracks.

BOOTLEGS:

Absolute Radio Session 2011
Area4 Festival, Germany, 2010
B72, Vienna, Austria, 19.06.2011
Bagel Radio Sessions
BBC's Musician's Master Class, Abbey Road, 17.01.12
Trotter Session - Big Orange Studios, 11/17/2011
Knitting Factory, Brooklyn, 28.04.11
Live At Maida Vale 14-10-09
Lowlands Festival 2011
Lowlands Acoustic 2011
Radio Aire Leeds
Reading 2011
Reeperbahn Festival, Große Freiheit, Hamburg, 25.09.2010
Richmond Independent Radio Session
WXPN Midday Live, 04.11.11
XFM Sessions
:D

User avatar
Bella
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Bootlegs

Post by Bella » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 am

Mmmmmm nice list!

Radio are audio only :wink: I know

Are the rest all video?? or are they also Audio files?

I've tried EXpatSheild - 2 problems with it - the first is that when I tried to get EXpatSheild my security software won't let me run the install (thats why I have it!) as it comes with free virus (a Trojen gen 2) and the second problem is that after I tried that I found some comments on the software by other users saying that you can't get the BBC through it anymore (apparently) which kinda makes it redundant for me.....

I also tried a proxy server site - couldn't get any pages to load - it was like tring to use dial up!! they all timed out. I have tried 2 others but with pretty much the same result. Several of the proxy software freeware things also came with keyloggers and tracking cookies so they were not installed either.

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

seamiedev
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Bootlegs

Post by seamiedev » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 am

Yeah everything listed is audio.

I do have a the Area4 festival in .flv video, i could get that lnto dvd if anyone wants it, do a tree for it - y'know, i could post out three copies providung the 3 people that get them, copy & pass onto another three ....................

Let me know if there's interest in the dvd, and if ye want any of the audio uploaded............
:D

User avatar
Evan
Posts: 1802
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Bootlegs

Post by Evan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Just a quick one...anything radio/tv related will be copyrighted, and consequently it is probably poor form to be trading those on here. It's one thing to have an audience recording of a show he did, but quite another if it is ripped from a copyrighted source.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

User avatar
marowak
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Lancing
Contact:

Re: Bootlegs

Post by marowak » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

i have a great little dvd from 408. 28th March 2008 @ The Bridge House, Copsale

(i say have - i did have a copy...but not sure if i still do. i will look)
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

seamiedev
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Bootlegs

Post by seamiedev » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Evan wrote:Just a quick one...anything radio/tv related will be copyrighted, and consequently it is probably poor form to be trading those on here. It's one thing to have an audience recording of a show he did, but quite another if it is ripped from a copyrighted source.
what's the site admin & FT's take on it. BTW I don't trade bootlegs, if anyone one wants any of waht i have I'll simply upload it & post a link here.
:D

User avatar
Evan
Posts: 1802
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Bootlegs

Post by Evan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:37 pm

seamiedev wrote:
Evan wrote:Just a quick one...anything radio/tv related will be copyrighted, and consequently it is probably poor form to be trading those on here. It's one thing to have an audience recording of a show he did, but quite another if it is ripped from a copyrighted source.
what's the site admin & FT's take on it. BTW I don't trade bootlegs, if anyone one wants any of waht i have I'll simply upload it & post a link here.
You would have to ask them about that, but to my mind that is slightly beside the point.

You cannot escape the fact that copyrighted material is owned by someone. So the long and short of it is this: by distributing copyrighted material via Frank's message board, Frank (as the site owner) is almost certainly going to be liable were the owners of that material to become aware, and decide to take action.

I know for a fact Frank doesn't mind recordings of his shows being shared, but he doesn't have the legal right to give you the all clear to share a rip from a BBC stream or anything else that is owned by a third party, as he does not own that material (whether they be his songs or not).
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Rubber_Soul
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Hythe

Re: Bootlegs

Post by Rubber_Soul » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 pm

These used to be shared quite freely on here before if I remember rightly, but some new folk may not know about them http://www.milliondead.org/hippieburner/index2.html
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Pete
Posts: 6620
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Bootlegs

Post by Pete » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 am

Re Evan's point above, it's actually something people need to be really careful with now Frank is rather more well known.

Football forum I frequent has been closed down before and the owners had court action taken against them due to people posting copyrighted material (mainly simple things like a few goal clips from youtube). Music and sports are probably the most contested copyright areas in media so big corporations will always have people browsing active forums and looking for something to complain about. Sad but true.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

SxPxDxCx
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:26 am

Re: Bootlegs

Post by SxPxDxCx » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:48 pm

I have audio recordings of a couple Frank Turner shows on my blog.
http://thatsthethingaboutthat.blogspot.com/

User avatar
js2
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 am
Location: Lancashire, UK

Re: Bootlegs

Post by js2 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm listening to the Area4 bootleg now as it happens, good stuff.
26/11/11, 13/11/12, 17/4/13, 9/2/14, 28/6/14(MH)
Next: 29/1/15

Tumblr:
http://letsbeheroesletsbemartyrs.tumblr.com
Other interests include Manic Street Preachers, future of the left, the unbelievable hopelessness of the human race and really bad jokes.

14march04
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Bootlegs

Post by 14march04 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:27 pm

seamiedev wrote:Yeah everything listed is audio.

I do have a the Area4 festival in .flv video, i could get that lnto dvd if anyone wants it, do a tree for it - y'know, i could post out three copies providung the 3 people that get them, copy & pass onto another three ....................

Let me know if there's interest in the dvd, and if ye want any of the audio uploaded............
DVD would be brilliant!! Also if its possible to upload the Reading audio cause most of it's disappaeared of the BBC website now :(
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.

tpittenger
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Re: Bootlegs

Post by tpittenger » Wed May 17, 2017 5:58 pm

seamiedev wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:53 pm
Below's a list of what I've got so far, I can Upload as requested.

re: BBC from overseas, have you tried Expat Shield ?? You should be able to listen to full shows on iPlayer radio anywhere, it's only the video & selected audio clips that are blocked out side the UK, Expat Shield does the job for from Ireland anyway thought you still cannot rip from the site, so i let videos play & use Polderbits to record and then split into tracks.

BOOTLEGS:

Absolute Radio Session 2011
Area4 Festival, Germany, 2010
B72, Vienna, Austria, 19.06.2011
Bagel Radio Sessions
BBC's Musician's Master Class, Abbey Road, 17.01.12
Trotter Session - Big Orange Studios, 11/17/2011
Knitting Factory, Brooklyn, 28.04.11
Live At Maida Vale 14-10-09
Lowlands Festival 2011
Lowlands Acoustic 2011
Radio Aire Leeds
Reading 2011
Reeperbahn Festival, Große Freiheit, Hamburg, 25.09.2010
Richmond Independent Radio Session
WXPN Midday Live, 04.11.11
XFM Sessions
Seamiedev,

I am new to the FT forum. Would you be able to upload the Knitting Factory, Brooklyn, 28.04.11 show?

Thanks

tpittenger

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests