all about the destination dvd

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

inca

all about the destination dvd

Post by inca » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:38 am

a big ask i know (and im not sure im allowed to ask so if im not please remove)

i am desperate to see the video all about the destination. its been on order from amazon since october and from sainsburys since december. although they both say its in stock they keep putting back delivery and im still waiting for one to turn up.

hmv shop wont even try and order it and i cant find it in stock anywhere. i dont like buying things like this second hand because tbe artist dosnt get the. benifit of me buying it but even ebay dosnt have one.

is there anyone who would be willing to lend me their dvd while i wait and hope mine turns up? i would pay all costs

i know its a big ask but ive been waiting almost 4 months and am getting a bit desperate :( can anyone help?

thanks inca xx

Rubber_Soul

Re: all about the destination dvd

Post by Rubber_Soul » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 am

Have you tried ordering from xtra mile?
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Bella

Post by Bella » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:35 am

Wow - I also have this on order.... also from both Amazon and Sainsbury's!!! I got "Take To The Road" DVD for my birthday in November and it was supposed to come with "All About The Destination" as they were ordered from Amazon at the same time. When I got the "delayed again" message from Amazon I started to look for another place that might have it and ordered it from Sainsburys as they gave me a delivery date that was much closer - sadly they also sent me a "delayed" message...... its still on order with both in the hope that one of them can actually deliver?

I started to look into it and figured that it was probably coming from Xtramile originally - even though its not even listed on their website so I thought I would check with them...

I have emailed Xtramile (twice) and got no reply.

Not sure what to do now.

I have to say - Take to the Road is an awesome DVD. There is a load of content and its all good quality. I've watched it a couple of times (unusual for me with a music disc) but its really good! I LOVE the alternate arrangements as played at the Union Chapel gig.

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

inca

Post by inca » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:42 am

Yes I have tried extra mile. Tried everywhere. Amazon and sainsburys both say its in stock, amazon are advertising 2-4 weeks delivery but keep putting that date back, like I say been on order since October and still waiting. HMV say its out of stock and the shop just say they cant get it.

I did email Frank, he could only suggest extramile when I said its not listed there he told me a lot of stock was distroyed in the riots last year. Im beginning to think it wont come at all which is why im asking to borrow it.

It does come up in searches on google but only on old pages that havent been updated for years, amazon and sainsburys seem to be the only places that think they can get it

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:58 pm

I can't see it in stock for Amzn UK - drop customer services an email for the poor treatment. They are very good at dealing with that kinda thing. Doesn't help you now but they might point you in the right direction.

Bella

Post by Bella » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:54 pm

I can still see it as available on amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frank-Turner-Al ... 285&sr=8-1

which is kinda annoying.

last email from them said they expect to deliver at the end of January....

mine was ordered in November with a deliver date of between Christmas and New Year (which was annoying that it was after my birthday but was when i was home for Christmas so would have been fine) then got a mail in the new year saying still ok, but would be delivered end of Jan/start of Feb. Amazon won't say more than that at the moment - not til the Feb date has passed! it just seems like ages away and I'm worried that the next mail will be a "ooops we got it wrong we don't have this at all" type mail - which would be really bad.

I'm guessing Inca feels the same way.

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

andyhh

Post by andyhh » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm

I've had this listed as a priority Love Film rental pick for about three months as other DVD's have come and gone, I don't even think they have honestly.

04rebhop

Post by 04rebhop » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 pm

The website CEX has one copy in stock online for £6 with £1.50 delivery. They also have one in stock in the Doncaster store apparently.
http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5050954169198
868, 1025, 1046, 1081, 1082, 1140, 1143 Upcoming: 05/04/2012 Amsterdam Paradiso, 13/04/2012 Wembley Arena

inca

Post by inca » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:31 pm

04rebhop wrote:The website CEX has one copy in stock online for £6 with £1.50 delivery. They also have one in stock in the Doncaster store apparently.
Thank for this. Doncaster is a bit far but ordered from the web address. Three on order now so hopefully one will turn up from somwhere. Maybe we should pitition extramile to make some more of them, there clearly are not enough copys around

inca

Post by inca » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Bella wrote:I can still see it as available on amazon.co.uk

which is kinda annoying.

mine was ordered in November with a deliver date of between Christmas and New Year (which was annoying that it was after my birthday but was when i was home for Christmas so would have been fine) then got a mail in the new year saying still ok, but would be delivered end of Jan/start of Feb. Amazon won't say more than that at the moment - not til the Feb date has passed! it just seems like ages away and I'm worried that the next mail will be a "ooops we got it wrong we don't have this at all" type mail - which would be really bad.

Bella
x
I do feel the same. If they havent got it on a shelf they shouldnt keep advertising it and taking orders for it. I too thought Jan would be fine, bit longer then I wanted to wait but at least it would come, now I dont really beleive it will especially with Sainsburys doing the same, thing is I can see them continuing this for the next 12 months :(

inca

Post by inca » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:49 am

04rebhop wrote:The website CEX has one copy in stock online for £6 with £1.50 delivery. They also have one in stock in the Doncaster store apparently.
Thankyou soooo much for posting this link, the DVD arrived today, soo excited goint to watch it over the weekend
Thanks
xx

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:41 pm

inca wrote:
Bella wrote:I can still see it as available on amazon.co.uk

which is kinda annoying.

Bella
x
I do feel the same. If they havent got it on a shelf they shouldnt keep advertising it and taking orders for it. I too thought Jan would be fine, bit longer then I wanted to wait but at least it would come, now I dont really beleive it will especially with Sainsburys doing the same, thing is I can see them continuing this for the next 12 months :(
If you didn't sort it through CEX email nellie12 at gmail dot com & I can update.

Bella

Post by Bella » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:27 am

Glad you got one Inca!

I've been away this last week, with no net access...

I don't know - I get back and the board is green (nice!) and theres so much to read I'm a bit behind... still no dvd for me though.

Still no response from xtramile (weird - I herad they were generaly good at getting back to people) and got back to a message each from amazon and sainsburys both telling me of further delays... amazon at last said they are checking with thier stockist... but its still listed as available on the website

hmmmmm

I'll have another look for a second hand one I guess and email XM again. I really want one of these!

Bella
x

04rebhop

Post by 04rebhop » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:04 am

Bella wrote:Glad you got one Inca!

I've been away this last week, with no net access...

I don't know - I get back and the board is green (nice!) and theres so much to read I'm a bit behind... still no dvd for me though.

Still no response from xtramile (weird - I herad they were generaly good at getting back to people) and got back to a message each from amazon and sainsburys both telling me of further delays... amazon at last said they are checking with thier stockist... but its still listed as available on the website

hmmmmm

I'll have another look for a second hand one I guess and email XM again. I really want one of these!

Bella
x
There's a company on Ebay that is selling the DVD for £12.99, with the option of Buy It Now and the delivery is free.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frank-Turner- ... 5ae4e92e1a
868, 1025, 1046, 1081, 1082, 1140, 1143 Upcoming: 05/04/2012 Amsterdam Paradiso, 13/04/2012 Wembley Arena

Bella

Post by Bella » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:31 am

what the ***********????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It says 10 available??

I don't have pay pal.... and can't find my UK visa card! ARRGGHHHHH.... why is this happening to me!!!

hmmm can't really call any Uk friends at 01.28am..
I'll call somone in the morning 8-D...
I wonder if its a physical shop? I have a freind who lives near there..

Thanks for that!

I'll let you know if the order goes through ok

Bella
x