The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

emmeth42

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by emmeth42 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Gleena wrote:If you have positive thoughts for the people of New South Wales, today's the day. Weather conditions mean we may get a superfire when three smaller bushfires join up.

My son's stuck at school, but he's safe there, he's past the fire. Some of his mates have lost homes, pets and livestock. They aren't even bothering to look for the missing till it's all over - some of them will just be at different shelters, of course, and if you're trapped out there, you're done.

People in Lithgow were told to leave by noon or shelter in place, because firefighters won't be able to get to them.

Blue skies today here in Sydney, but the ash is still everywhere. We're told not to exercise outside.

34c today with high winds, so perfect fire conditions. If the fires join up, it will threaten Western Sydney.

Thanks for the happy messages - I'm mostly fine (my asthma is acting up, but compared to what others are going through, meh.)
We get a lot of fires in the summer where I live in the US and depending on the fire/weather for the day, we get a lot of the same conditions. It really is horrible. Good to know your son is safe, and please take care!
924, 925, 1470

lareinedeslames

Post by lareinedeslames » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Gleena wrote:If you have positive thoughts for the people of New South Wales, today's the day.
We get fires here in Florida pretty frequently--out in the scrub or the everglades, so I can understand how scary and devastating it can be. Hope you continue to have mostly good luck in dealing with them.

In other news: I think my body actually, actively hates me. First my exercise plans were derailed by bronchitis, and then last night, fourth night in a row of taking the dog on the daily trek, the combined efforts of a bunch of road gravel from ongoing construction and an uppity Jack Russell resulted in me falling and twisting my ankle. I limped home the last quarter mile and threw a mild tantrum before icing it down, but it is still a lovely shade of bluish purple and awkward to walk on.

Thankfully (or unfortunately) I am stubborn. I've twisted or sprained my ankle so many times I don't even really consider it an excuse anymore. So, willpower asserted, I will be going on a walk again tonight after work. Just, you know, hopefully avoiding stupid road gravel.

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:46 am

so the constant door bell rings might have been the road crew outside (the first lot were all teanagers - seriously - 16 to 20 year old expecting to be handed sweets??????)

they are resurfacng the road - all night tonight, and probably all night tomorrow too - yay!

jackhammers, steam rollers, the smell of yuk, dust and tarmac - ALL NIGHT!

and I don't seem to have been online properly for ages, so madly tying to catch up with what everyone is doing...

had to miss several gigs I had tickets to cause of the hideous flu like clingy thing that dosn't want to leave...

and the possibility of round four of antibiotics if I can't stop coughing by Monday... joy! (NOT!)

hope everyone else is all ok
being cheered up by listening to the interview link I just posted (Koala - Way I Tend..)

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:49 am

and (while I'm ranting...)

broke TWO lightbulbs whilst I was trying to put them in... just broke in my hand! I wasn't even squeezing them, just holding them steady rady to put them in!

and pulled the curtain rail off the wall inthe fluffy kitten - second time this month

whinge over

night night

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:50 am

Seriously....

about to lose it witht he road crew - I swear that steam roller thing just hit the kerb outside - TWICE and ground the roller along it making the whole place shake!

they are drowning out the stuff I'm tring to watch!

(FT covering The Hold Steady http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFIC72h1m5Y)

tempted to shout I'M LISTENING TO FRANK TURNER out the window... restrained myself... barely...

(*grumble, moan, whinge..*)

Bella
x

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:32 am

New South Wales = still on fire. Can't really breathe very well, so EiS.

I still can't breathe very well when I'm drunk, it just bugs me less. Therefore, drunk is where I'm headed, y'all.

Cheers!
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

emmeth42

Post by emmeth42 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Getting furnace functional=$250, at least.
Car registration=$220.
Car insurance=$640.
After forking out a grand for my mortgage and $440 car payment.

Adulthood sucks.
924, 925, 1470

valderie

Post by valderie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:41 pm

i finally got to talk to my surgeon today and it turns out there is "nothing majorly wrong" with my spine that would be causing my extreme pain and fatigue.

that is, of course, good news.

however it's not really cause it just means none of my doctors know what's actually wrong with me hahahaaaaaa :x

Helium

Post by Helium » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:40 pm

My best friend left today. He's moving to New Zealand for at least a year, maybe permanently.

I've either seen or spoken to him every day for the last 5 years and now he's gone I kinda feel like I've lost a limb.
10: 18/03, 27/08, 04/12, 31/12
11: 17/2, 21/4, 13/5 16/5, 7/7, 26/8 (x2), 24/11, 26/11, 27/11
12: 13/4, 7/7, 12/11, 13/11, 17/11
13: 17/4, 19/4, 11/7, 12/7
14: 7/2, 9/2, 12/2, 28/9
15: 24/3, 27/8, 15/11, 23/11
16: 23/11, 13/12, 15/12
18: 8/5, 13/5

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:20 am

Hope everyone is ok and such...

Just an FYI that you'll all be seeing me on the news in the coming days, as a raging, insomniac version of myself loses her shit and finally heads to Microsoft HQ to express her profound distaste at their inability to correct any of the motherfucking glitches that have been present in EACH CUNTING COMPONENT OF OFFICE since FOREVER. But hell, they'll sure as shit reorganize the goddamn menus and hide all the features you need, then force you to buy the new enterprise version for $600!

HEY FUCKERS! *raises middle finger* I hope you can see that, because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

I'll be the second story on the news, though. For there's another disaster of a story that will beat mine, thusly illustrating how the entire fucking city of Toronto has gone ape-shit this week. Alas, my own temporary loss of rationality is entirely unrelated to substance abuse (unless you count excessive inhalation of highlighter fumes and a rather substantial amount of caffeine). Apparently, living in the largest city in Canada ain't all it's cracked up to be (ahhh? :lol: ).
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:28 am

Rob Ford - for when your mayor is world famous for all the wrong reasons. :)

As for me, I finally get to see the doc I was referred to six months ago. Not sure I wanna go, now. \

helium, go visit him/her in NZ. It's sucks they are so far but at least its lovely there!

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm moving house tomorrow.

And yeah... EiS.
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com

emmeth42

Post by emmeth42 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:38 am

My roommate has this friend who is COMPLETELY obsessed with him. So much, in fact, this bat-shit crazy bitch hopped a flight from Texas to Utah to "surprise him", causing him and I to fight because I told him she wasn't staying in my house (yep...MY house and he just rents a room). She later passed along very begrudgingly through Facebook that I was being an "unnecessary cunt" about it all.
GO AWAY, KNIVES CHOW, I DON'T KNOW YOU BUT YOU'RE INSANE AND I DON'T WANT YOU KNOWING WHERE I LIVE.

All this just as I'm getting ready to go out of town for work and roomie is about to shit out his kidneys. Lovely.
924, 925, 1470

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:00 am

I don't know that I've ever accused anyone of being an unnecessary cunt, but I am adding that to my insult repertoire.

If you're going to give me this job you keep interviewing me for, people, please either do that or tell me thanks-but-no-thanks. This endless interviewing is getting old.

Wessexboy1

Post by Wessexboy1 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:45 pm

I kinda feel as though I'm jumping in a bit late here but who cares, so here's what I fucking hate...

It seriously annoys me when some sick motherfucker on Facebook has liked one of these disgusting 'best gore' photos. (It's basically this horrible page which posts pictures of mangled people and shit like that..)
The other night I was scrolling through my feed, and it appeared that someone had been having great fun looking through all of this pages photos (Wanking over them for all I know..). They had liked pretty much all of them so I found myself gagging EVERY FEW POSTS for about five minutes. Honestly...

I also hate:
Flat caps
Wearing empty rucksacks everywhere because they 'look cool'
Boys under 18 with ear piercings
THOSE STUPID FUCKING 'ICED GEM' HAIRCUTS!

Phew, I'm glad to get that rant out of my system,
I might have a cup of tea now.

Cameron
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." ~ Douglas Adams

y10walkerc@googlemail.com