The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 am

Blonde wrote:I start work at 7am. I have just realised I have left my keys at work. The next person with keys to turn up isn't due to until 11 am. Everyone else with keys is either on holiday or has today off.

I have the option of breaking in or pissing someone off
Gah, are you serious?? That's brutal. I hope you chose breaking in, it's a better story ;)
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

User avatar
Blonde
Posts: 2089
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Blonde » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:45 am

Venomous_Bear wrote:
Blonde wrote:I start work at 7am. I have just realised I have left my keys at work. The next person with keys to turn up isn't due to until 11 am. Everyone else with keys is either on holiday or has today off.

I have the option of breaking in or pissing someone off
Gah, are you serious?? That's brutal. I hope you chose breaking in, it's a better story ;)
Sadly I am serious. I ended up having to wake up my colleague on his day off, get his address, get someone else to drive me across Nottingham to pick up his keys before finally getting into work half an hour late. But my colleague is about to become a parent so he's gonna have to get used to being woken up right? We didn't really have anything to pick the lock with so breaking in went out the window.

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:17 am

Blonde wrote:
Sadly I am serious. I ended up having to wake up my colleague on his day off, get his address, get someone else to drive me across Nottingham to pick up his keys before finally getting into work half an hour late. But my colleague is about to become a parent so he's gonna have to get used to being woken up right? We didn't really have anything to pick the lock with so breaking in went out the window.
I'm glad you got in, anyway. And yeah, totally! Besides, it's Wednesday. If it were the weekend, I could see it being an issue. But if you have a day off during the week, you usually want it to be productive and made of awesome, right? You probably did him a favour. Congrats!
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Pete, do you make housecalls to Spain? Attractive and unavailable consultant is attractive and unavailable. A swift trip or clotheslining should do the trick.
We just walked along the beach for 3 hours, watched the sun set, and talked about music. Obviously nothing else because of morality. But sigh. I just wanted to keep working in my room...now I'm even worse off.
He even likes FT. And his eyes are just unfair.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

lareinedeslames
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:07 pm
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by lareinedeslames » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:41 am

So my dinky little cold is apparently now full-blown bronchitis, according to the doctor. All this because I went out on Friday night. No singing, loads of high-powered medicines for the next 10 days, and certainly no going out for the next week or so.

To top it off, the site that I do freelancing through has kept my account suspended--and me in the dark as to when it will be re-open--since Monday. My messages to them are becoming increasingly irate with each several hours that pass with no word as to when I can get in and get the money I'm owed, or complete the work I'm contracted to do (I sure as hell ain't turning it in if I can't get paid for it).

Gleena
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 am
Location: London, via America and Australia

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Gleena » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:53 am

Everything is NOT shit - my exams are done huzzah!

EiS - I have a week of e-mails to catch up on at work, and before I could sit down people were all, "Oh! So glad you're back! Here's this massive problem we've been waiting on you to solve..."
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:53 am

Gleena wrote:Everything is NOT shit - my exams are done huzzah!

EiS - I have a week of e-mails to catch up on at work, and before I could sit down people were all, "Oh! So glad you're back! Here's this massive problem we've been waiting on you to solve..."
Congratulations, lady!! Cheers!

And re: the second, congrats on being loved and appreciated! That's all you'll get in return for being awesome!
lareinedeslames wrote:So my dinky little cold is apparently now full-blown bronchitis, according to the doctor. All this because I went out on Friday night. No singing, loads of high-powered medicines for the next 10 days, and certainly no going out for the next week or so.

To top it off, the site that I do freelancing through has kept my account suspended--and me in the dark as to when it will be re-open--since Monday. My messages to them are becoming increasingly irate with each several hours that pass with no word as to when I can get in and get the money I'm owed, or complete the work I'm contracted to do (I sure as hell ain't turning it in if I can't get paid for it).
:( Hope you feel better and can log in ASAP! Everything at once, right?
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Cassie
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 am
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Cassie » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:34 am

1:30am and I CAN'T SLEEP! 3 glasses of wine, too. REALLY?!

lareinedeslames
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:07 pm
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by lareinedeslames » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:Hope you feel better and can log in ASAP! Everything at once, right?
I'm starting to feel better this morning, though the cough is still kind of bad. The inhaler is giving me the jitters, but at least I can breathe, which is kind of important, or so I've been told.

No word back from the site, so I've taken to Twitter to voice my disapproval.
Cassie wrote:1:30am and I CAN'T SLEEP! 3 glasses of wine, too. REALLY?!
Probably not what you want to hear, but the wine might actually be contributing. Apparently, as your body finishes processing alcohol, it gets payback on you by making you wide awake. Sorry to hear the lack of sleep though! Hope you eventually dropped off.

Gleena
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 am
Location: London, via America and Australia

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Gleena » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:24 am

We're on fire, y'all.

Bushfires and asthma do not mix.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/latest-nsw-fi ... 2vo14.html
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

emmeth42
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Utah

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by emmeth42 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:Hahahaha sorry about that.

In other EIS news, I have been alone for not even three weeks, am not quite 26, and my friends keep sending me this. HA. Very funny.

Image
Hey look, it's the story of my life! All of my friends started getting married/having kids when they were 19-20. I turned 27 last month and am being told I need to get cracking, that I "only have ten years left to have kids."
924, 925, 1470

Gleena
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 am
Location: London, via America and Australia

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Gleena » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:25 am

We remain on fire. The air is full of ash and smoke. What looks like an impending thunderstorm is actually fire smoke blocking out the sky. It smells like a wet campfire.

Worst bushfire event in 45 years. And my kid is on a bus in the middle of it, off to school to take his exams.

All in all would much rather be in Canada watching Frank.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

sarahg
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 am

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by sarahg » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Gleena wrote:We remain on fire. The air is full of ash and smoke. What looks like an impending thunderstorm is actually fire smoke blocking out the sky. It smells like a wet campfire.

Worst bushfire event in 45 years. And my kid is on a bus in the middle of it, off to school to take his exams.

All in all would much rather be in Canada watching Frank.
Jeez, that is awful, I am thinking of you guys down under, hope your young 'un is unfazed and can focus on exams. Crikey asthmatics must be having a total 'mare. Keep safe mate!

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Gleena wrote:We remain on fire. The air is full of ash and smoke. What looks like an impending thunderstorm is actually fire smoke blocking out the sky. It smells like a wet campfire.

Worst bushfire event in 45 years. And my kid is on a bus in the middle of it, off to school to take his exams.

All in all would much rather be in Canada watching Frank.
:( thinking of you and sending every hug I can find :(
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Gleena
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 am
Location: London, via America and Australia

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Gleena » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:57 pm

If you have positive thoughts for the people of New South Wales, today's the day. Weather conditions mean we may get a superfire when three smaller bushfires join up.

My son's stuck at school, but he's safe there, he's past the fire. Some of his mates have lost homes, pets and livestock. They aren't even bothering to look for the missing till it's all over - some of them will just be at different shelters, of course, and if you're trapped out there, you're done.

People in Lithgow were told to leave by noon or shelter in place, because firefighters won't be able to get to them.

Blue skies today here in Sydney, but the ash is still everywhere. We're told not to exercise outside.

34c today with high winds, so perfect fire conditions. If the fires join up, it will threaten Western Sydney.

Thanks for the happy messages - I'm mostly fine (my asthma is acting up, but compared to what others are going through, meh.)
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests