The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

moomin

Re: The

Post by moomin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:20 pm

SB wrote: Part of me just wants to get the good painkillers and take my gorgeous boys on holiday - they bloody deserve it.
is it actually feasible you can do this? I kinda think if you can without doing yourself in something chronic then maybe you just should
then come back for the results and treatment, a week or even a few days shouldn't have long term effects should it?
Is your other half going as well or is there someone who could?

Iwillnotgrowup

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Iwillnotgrowup » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Cassie wrote:
Iwillnotgrowup wrote:2 days ago my ex wife told me that she is moving 250 miles away with my 3 year old daughter.... That's pretty shit!!
I don't know the laws where you live but here you can't move outside 150 miles with the child. Talk to a lawyer about keeping her close.
She can move wherever she likes in the UK. There is nothing that I can do about it. It fucking sucks......

valderie

Post by valderie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:48 pm

moomin wrote:
SB wrote: Part of me just wants to get the good painkillers and take my gorgeous boys on holiday - they bloody deserve it.
is it actually feasible you can do this? I kinda think if you can without doing yourself in something chronic then maybe you just should
then come back for the results and treatment, a week or even a few days shouldn't have long term effects should it?
this is kinda what i did with my trip to the uk. the day before i flew out i went to the doctor and he told me I needed an MRI as soon as possible so I would know if i needed more surgery for my spine. and i was like lol maybe in two weeks bye.
dont get me wrong - about a quarter of this trip ive been in bed with heating pads, doing stretches, drinking a lot to numb out the pain while at gigs and i did spend majority of the train ride to cardiff when i went in tears because my back hurt so bad... but i knew if i delayed flying over or didn't come i'd be so angry with my body even more so.

i agree, maybe see if you can take a quick break if it wont mess you up too badly and just run away and have a bit of fun with your family suze. you definitely deserve it! and don't feel bad at all about us not hanging out - we had such excellent times in NY and i'm absolutely certain we will get into more insanity when one of us makes a future journey again! love you lady!!!

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:24 am

Iwillnotgrowup wrote:
Cassie wrote:
Iwillnotgrowup wrote:2 days ago my ex wife told me that she is moving 250 miles away with my 3 year old daughter.... That's pretty shit!!
I don't know the laws where you live but here you can't move outside 150 miles with the child. Talk to a lawyer about keeping her close.
She can move wherever she likes in the UK. There is nothing that I can do about it. It fucking sucks......
That's a shit distance. Too far to drive, visit and get back in a day.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:25 am

valderie wrote:
moomin wrote:

i agree, maybe see if you can take a quick break if it wont mess you up too badly and just run away and have a bit of fun with your family suze. you definitely deserve it! and don't feel bad at all about us not hanging out - we had such excellent times in NY and i'm absolutely certain we will get into more insanity when one of us makes a future journey again! love you lady!!!
Throw my voice in here to say yeah, is it possible you can get enough painkillers on board to have fun with your kids before going back at it?

SB

Post by SB » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 am

I had a massive bleed yesterday, but more 'with it' today. Even when out of it yesterday I told the doctor we were going away this week. He agreed to doing an MRCP (MRI) and flexi sig before I go then an endoscopy when I get back.

Thank you all for being so lovely. I'm all kinds of terrified.

Xx

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:27 am

SB wrote:I had a massive bleed yesterday, but more 'with it' today. Even when out of it yesterday I told the doctor we were going away this week. He agreed to doing an MRCP (MRI) and flexi sig before I go then an endoscopy when I get back.

Xx
Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you....Yup I know that is pretty meaningless, but I do wish you all the very best.
Hang in there. xxxxx

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:40 am

SB wrote:I had a massive bleed yesterday, but more 'with it' today. Even when out of it yesterday I told the doctor we were going away this week. He agreed to doing an MRCP (MRI) and flexi sig before I go then an endoscopy when I get back.

Xx
Can do nothing but offer you virtual, transcontinental hugs. So I do. Hang in there.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:05 am

Have been thinking of little else than all of you all day, with the various things you are going through. Please keep us posted. I'm no new-agey person, but positive thoughts work fucking wonders, so I'm hoping for the best for all of you. <3
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:40 am

And then... I mentioned the "little else" thing... And I am suddenly compelled to ask the advice of a wide group of folks with ranging perspectives about that. I am wondering if I might consult you as oracles in the hopes that I find some answers to my unanswerable questions. This was supposed to be a blog entry, but this is a delicate subject, and you will see why it is impossible to post in the 100% open public domain.

Note: health-wise, everything is ok, and I don't really feel right about posting this here. I know troubles are all relative, but some of you are going through life-altering health-related situations, and my situation is very mild in comparison. My hope is that maybe in reading this (which I will attempt and fail to keep as succinct as possible), it provides perhaps some comic relief ("oh, silly naive VB") or otherwise distracting entertainment.

Note #2: names have been changed to protect the innocent

Note #3: big thanks to Gleena and Darlenet for being so awesome and keeping me company during the longest night/layover I have experienced. You didn't know it at the time, but you helped keep my mind off this. Love you both :)

I'm in love with a criminal...

Last edited by Venomous_Bear on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 am

It's awful.
Last edited by Venomous_Bear on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:26 am

Haha I can't believe you saw him again VB! Looking forward to your Part II. :)
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 am

It started out as a passing thing. I mean, I have a reasonable relationship with food. It's fine. So we were talking about hamburgers one night, and he starts getting all defensive and distant. And I realize he's hiding something. So, I wait until he goes to work, and I break into his house, only to find:

How can I possibly continue to love this man, now that it's so clear that his passion for hamburgers so far exceeds our love? Nearly a decade and this is what I find? I don't even think I know him anymore. How can I possibly continue with this relationship when it turns out I don't even know him? And what if I am implicated in the hamburglaries?
*omits mention of the kidnapped scantily-clad lady*
Last edited by Venomous_Bear on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 am

Fuck it happened again, I'll edit the last post in a sec. Lol

[fixed now!!]
Last edited by Venomous_Bear on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

SB

Post by SB » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:14 am

Oh VB! I don't know what to say.

Love does change, it settles and grows but in my mind that's in to something better than the peaks and troughs and uncertainties at the start of a relationship. It becomes something that should be your safety net, your calm, your home. Love after time should give you the even footing to be able to be independent, to go and explore the world and do the things you love; all the knowledge that your partner is there to ground you and wrap you up when you get home.

Passion does fade, but no it shouldn't go completely. Could you live the rest of your life without passion?

When catching someone else's eye and thinking 'what if' though. it's always prudent to bear in mind that a relationship with Mr. Exciting would just as likely end up settling in to something less, well, exciting, after a few years. The grass is always greener, as they say.

But, if you are not sure about your boyfriend then that is not a good sign, and something you should think seriously about before making further commitments.

I'm sure this hasn't helped at all, sorry! Good luck, sweetheart. Xxx