The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Post Reply
User avatar
Lexapalooza
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Lexapalooza » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:02 pm

People whose knowledge of using doors does not extend to understanding that while standing in one, other people cannot use it. 99 times out of 100 these morons will also tut (or similar) when you have the audacity to want to get past.

I also hate people who wont let you get out of a lift until they get in.

Rags
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: The sofa

Post by Rags » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Agreed.

Or people who are too laxy to open a door if one is already open. For example my local shopping centre has 2 sets of double doors at each entrance. If one is open 30 people will all aim for that one door rather than stepping to one side and opening a different unused door.

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Sometimes I quite enjoy it on the tube when everyone blocks your exit, as it's one of the very few times I feel totally at ease with bowling as hard and quickly into a pile of static people as I possibly can. Great if in a hissy mood.

User avatar
Lexapalooza
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Lexapalooza » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:22 pm

I once grabbed someone who came bowling onto a tube and barged me when I was trying to get off, pushed him all the way to the wall of the platform, and held him there until the tube left. I was having a bad day, but he needed to be told

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Hahaha, I'd bet a fair whack he's been more careful since. It's pretty fucking basic etiquette. It's when people do it and it's not even busy that it gets me. No remorse!

User avatar
Lexapalooza
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Lexapalooza » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:27 pm

People who say Fuck My Life (FML) with regards to some minor issue they might be facing. Like a cold, or a delayed train, or something equally as mundane that is nothing more than a momentary blip on an otherwise lengthy path through life.

You know, if you get hit by a train derailing and crashing through the wall of your house, thus paralyzing you for life and killing your family - I think you might well be allowed to feel sorry for yourself. But if your biscuit breaks when you are dunking it in your tea, then you should probably just get over it and stop whining.

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:29 pm

I've taken to saying this quite a bit in 'FML Maaaaan' manner when something minor has happened as a homage to 'kids today', but it's clear I don't really wish to 'Fuck My Life', whatever that would entail. Just wanted to put that out there in case I do so tomorrow and get abuse for doing so

User avatar
Lexapalooza
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Lexapalooza » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:42 pm

If you are homeless and destitute, and you get set fire to when sleeping, then by all means, fuck you life. But just because it's raining and you missed the buss...fuUuUuUuUuUCK OFF!!

User avatar
Kenny
Posts: 4159
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Teignmouth, Devon

Post by Kenny » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:43 pm

People who stand up far to early to get off the bus, then have stunned expressions when the bus stops suddenly and they nearly fall over. Either steady yourself or sit the fuck down and wait.
#4-07.04.05 #11-28.10.05 #28-13.12.05 #34-19.01.06 #70-02.04.06 #93-30.04.06 #144-13.07.06 #169-09.10.06 #227-06.02.07 #285-08.05.07 #421-10.04.08 #526-26.10.08 #528-28.10.08 #725 26.10.09 #726 26.10.09 #816 19.03.10 #1028 24.05.11 #1303-01.12.12

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:54 am

Lexapalooza wrote:People who say Fuck My Life (FML) with regards to some minor issue they might be facing. Like a cold, or a delayed train, or something equally as mundane that is nothing more than a momentary blip on an otherwise lengthy path through life.

You know, if you get hit by a train derailing and crashing through the wall of your house, thus paralyzing you for life and killing your family - I think you might well be allowed to feel sorry for yourself. But if your biscuit breaks when you are dunking it in your tea, then you should probably just get over it and stop whining.
Right. So you think people who say FML genuinley want to 'end it all'? It's just a meme Evan, let it go.
Stu

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Japan

Post by Nick » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:21 am

teamescape wrote:
Lexapalooza wrote:People who say Fuck My Life (FML) with regards to some minor issue they might be facing. Like a cold, or a delayed train, or something equally as mundane that is nothing more than a momentary blip on an otherwise lengthy path through life.

You know, if you get hit by a train derailing and crashing through the wall of your house, thus paralyzing you for life and killing your family - I think you might well be allowed to feel sorry for yourself. But if your biscuit breaks when you are dunking it in your tea, then you should probably just get over it and stop whining.
Right. So you think people who say FML genuinley want to 'end it all'? It's just a meme Evan, let it go.
Innit - whining about people who complain about mundane stuff being shit, in a thread titled "everything is shit"?
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Rags
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: The sofa

Post by Rags » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:10 pm

My job is shit and my boss is a smug, self important loser and I would cheerfully punch him repeatedly in the face.

"I'm only working here cuz I need the fucking money" springs to mind a lot of late.

User avatar
Blonde
Posts: 2089
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Post by Blonde » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:41 pm

I work in a shop and I really hate it when I'm trying to serve a customer and they spend the whole time on their phone. I find it rude.

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Not only am I now unemployed but I've yet again put myself through the indignity of signing onto JSA. I really hate it and I feel ashamed being seen walking into those places as it makes me feel like a useless sponger, but sadly I do genuinely need the money whilst I look for work...ho hum. More to the point, the job centre cocked up and kept me waiting an hour and a half before anyone saw me. Broken Britain.
Edit: They also refer to people as "customers"...hm.

skhmmi
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by skhmmi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm

newmy wrote:Not only am I now unemployed but I've yet again put myself through the indignity of signing onto JSA. I really hate it and I feel ashamed being seen walking into those places as it makes me feel like a useless sponger, but sadly I do genuinely need the money whilst I look for work...ho hum. More to the point, the job centre cocked up and kept me waiting an hour and a half before anyone saw me. Broken Britain.
Edit: They also refer to people as "customers"...hm.
The whole JSA experience is unpleasant, but keep in mind that the money you're getting is drawn from your own National Insurance contributions from when you were working, so on a very significant level you are entirely entitled to that money.

Furthermore, you're going to have to psychologically prepare yourself to fight your corner at the job centre to visibly differentiate yourself from people who try to make it their career to stay on JSA as long as possible, and if you're already considering yourself "like a useless sponger", that won't be so easy.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests