The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

ViciousCat

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by ViciousCat » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 am

KangarooAlice wrote:Thoughts left unsaid can be counter-productive, almost like they're a constant loop in your mind, and discussing things stops them?
This.

Writing all the shit stuff down can work too - with drawings (seriously) so you're forcing your creative side to join forces with your logical side.

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Id quite like it if the alleged adults I work with could behave like fucking grown ups just for a bit.
We are all facing the same challenges right now and the petty bitching over something a stupid as breaks is really gripping my shit.

Oh and you have a cold and need a sit down? Man the fuck up.

Happy Friday everyone.
Never put a sock in a toaster!

valderie

Post by valderie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:44 pm

i have chronic back and leg pain and its been getting a bit worse and i am really fucking frustrated about it!! i seem to be going through cycles the past few months of getting as better as possible and then one day bam! its unbearable pain again. makes me feel a bit useless which makes the pain even more annoying to deal with. ARGH. :roll:

SB

Post by SB » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:29 am

Val, I completely (literally) feel your pain. I was doing really well, barely taking any painkillers, able to move more etc. etc. Then BAM POW. Pain is horrendous. I couldn't even look after my children yesterday, everyone around me completely over-reacting and talking about hospital admission. In the end the GP increased my Oxy dosage, so now I'll feel like a sick zombie until I get used to the increased mg.

Oh, Val. Why are we so #brokeandbroken ???

valderie

Post by valderie » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:25 pm

SB wrote:Val, I completely (literally) feel your pain. I was doing really well, barely taking any painkillers, able to move more etc. etc. Then BAM POW. Pain is horrendous. I couldn't even look after my children yesterday, everyone around me completely over-reacting and talking about hospital admission. In the end the GP increased my Oxy dosage, so now I'll feel like a sick zombie until I get used to the increased mg.

Oh, Val. Why are we so #brokeandbroken ???
gah im sorry that youre also going through these weird pain cycles. we are soooo #brokeandbroken. maybe its cause the powers that be were like "nah they're too awesome, lets fuck with them!" 8)

helentx

Post by helentx » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Found this today in my fb feed from one of my friends I met when I was on life support (dialysis is a mechanical intervention) & I never knew how to answer that social question "how are you?". Depending on who it was I'd force myself to be nice when inside I'd be thinking "won't be any better next time I see you".

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f ... 304&type=1

SB

Post by SB » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Val - Of course that's what happened. The world jut couldn't cope with how awesome we'd be if we were well all the time, damn it.

Helen - Absolutely. It's the hardest question to answer as 99% of people who ask don't actually really want to know the answer. I wrote a blog post saying the same thing, pretty much just bitching at my friends who say the things in that picture. It's here: http://a-wild-and-precious-life.blogspo ... overy.html

Damn these bloody illnesses.

moomin

Post by moomin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:01 pm

going for a walk to clear your head and being followed is pretty fucking shit

scotty94

Post by scotty94 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:11 pm

SB wrote:Val - Of course that's what happened. The world jut couldn't cope with how awesome we'd be if we were well all the time, damn it.

Helen - Absolutely. It's the hardest question to answer as 99% of people who ask don't actually really want to know the answer. I wrote a blog post saying the same thing, pretty much just bitching at my friends who say the things in that picture. It's here: http://a-wild-and-precious-life.blogspo ... overy.html

Damn these bloody illnesses.
Suze, I feel eternally guilty for making light of you being on crutches at the Radio 1 Rocks gig, but, that it just my kinda humour and sincerely hope it was taken that way, as at the time I presumed it was a recovery from a broken bone!!! :( if not, Levellers gig this Thursday I allow you to give me a swift kick / swing of crutch to the nads!!! x hope to see you there so I can make amends :)

Another great script btw :)
282, 317, 558, 718, 1078, 1299, 1382, 1407 tbc.....

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:51 pm

scotty94 wrote:Helen - Absolutely. It's the hardest question to answer as 99% of people who ask don't actually really want to know the answer. I wrote a blog post saying the same thing, pretty much just bitching at my friends who say the things in that picture. It's here: http://a-wild-and-precious-life.blogspo ... overy.html
@Helen and Suze: I hope you don't mind if I borrow both your links. I work with teenagers with chronic conditions, and they verbalize all of the frustrations you do, but absolutely do not think any one understands. I think they will love that you two sing and dance at gigs, and are not becoming defined by your situations. The thing that they hate the most is that people see them as "heart failure patients" not kids that are still who they always were inside.

darlene
shows? 90 so far...

helentx

Post by helentx » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:09 am

@ Darlene, link away. I should say that my gig going only started a couple of years ago - so it wasn't when I was on dialysis. But if I'd had the motivation & the desire to do it I still think I could have done it. Would have had to be seated though. The truth is I didn't want to listen to any music when there was too much for my head to cope with. But in the same vein I was determined to keep on working, being a school governor & go on holiday. Finding an online forum for my disease was a big help because no one can tell how ill you are; you don't have to go anywhere and crucially they know just how you feel. So much time was taken up with treatment that social life was curtailed but at that time a lot of our friends were tied up with work & children. It gets very tiring and bang your head on a wall frustrating being chronically sick. My husband never let on at the time just how worried he was that I wouldn't live. So while he jokes about feeling like a parent when he picked me up from Blissfields 2011 he was so pleased to see me walking back through the fields. I understand how your patients feel, we are the people we are and don't want to be defined by our situation.

valderie

Post by valderie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:58 am

helentx wrote:Found this today in my fb feed from one of my friends I met when I was on life support (dialysis is a mechanical intervention) & I never knew how to answer that social question "how are you?". Depending on who it was I'd force myself to be nice when inside I'd be thinking "won't be any better next time I see you".

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f ... 304&type=1
YES i have used that graphic many times. my standard answer to "how are you" is "surviving" - and this i do for two reasons:
1) its true. i am surviving, im fighting against my body and getting by
2) it references Shaun Of The Dead :lol:

i make a lot of my able bodied friends read "The Spoon Theory" essay so they can kind of get an idea of what is like living with a chronic what-have-you. when they come back with the clarity of OH THATS WHAT ITS LIKE THEN i am always thrilled cause i can never explain it well enough.

SB

Post by SB » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Scott: Don't be a fool! People making light of it is absolutely preferable to people going quiet and not quite knowing what to say to me.

Darlene: Please, share my words with anyone who needs them. I still struggle, and have had an awful few days where I'm now doubting myself and considering cancelling NY, but I just hope every time that I'll recover and get back to the point where I think I can do anything. I have got there every other time, so chances are I will this time.

Val: The spoon theory f**king rules. I have had no spoons at all this weekend; waking up for 2 hours max a day. Hoping that all of the sleep will no get me through until August.

You guys are ace. X

Helium

Post by Helium » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Urgh, I'm sorry to whinge but not moved from my bed all day and feeling very sorry for myself. Managed to pick up some kind of bug and I feel fucking horrible, can't eat or drink or much else.

I fucking hate my job and applied for another one, it took them 3 MONTHS to get back to me and now I'm going to miss the interview 'cos I'm sick. And also got an informal sickness meeting to look forward to when I get back, as apparently it's unacceptable to be ill 3 times in 12 months, (despite one being an ongoing condition they are aware of...)

I know it's nothing compared some of the illness people on here suffer with, but I'm miserable and sick and need to whinge.
10: 18/03, 27/08, 04/12, 31/12
11: 17/2, 21/4, 13/5 16/5, 7/7, 26/8 (x2), 24/11, 26/11, 27/11
12: 13/4, 7/7, 12/11, 13/11, 17/11
13: 17/4, 19/4, 11/7, 12/7
14: 7/2, 9/2, 12/2, 28/9
15: 24/3, 27/8, 15/11, 23/11
16: 23/11, 13/12, 15/12
18: 8/5, 13/5

SB

Post by SB » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Oh, what a crock of shit, sweetie.

We'll have NONE of that 'my shit isn't as 'bad' as your shit so I shouldn't moan' bollocks. Because it is, well, bollocks. And I'll hit you with my stick.

That is all shit. Is there any chance of rearranging the interview? I'm sure you've thought of that, it's more my curious brain needing to know.

When am I seeing you? I need to give you one of those stupidly almost painful hugs. And buy you a drink. If you don't say 'soon' then I'm coming up to there to get you drunk.