The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

moomin

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by moomin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:47 pm

the above really pisses me off
one of my previous companies had a go at me whilst I was laying in bed with campylobactor (do not ever get this, you honestly want to die) instead of having a go at the other two people who had obviously pulled sickies

I would like to understand why a doctor has prescribed me codeine for headaches when it clearly says on the pack not suitable for headaches after 3 days as it will make them worse
so guessing I have to chose which days I want to be pain free
joy

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Tue May 28, 2013 2:51 am

Its nearly 4am and I have been having a non epileptic seizure for the past 4 hours. I swear to god if I get the whole "you should go to bed at a decent time" lecture from anybody tomorrow I'm going to go fucking mental. I don't choose to be ill, it just fucking happens :evil:
I'm not small, I'm funsize!

Bella

Post by Bella » Thu May 30, 2013 1:51 pm

the washing machine broke :-(

they forgot to call me to arrange delivery so they delayed my delivery of the new one :-(

the new one arrived this morning and they took the old one away - HURRAY!

the F*******ING waste pipe connection doesn't fit so I need to find somewhere that sells them before I can use the washing machine :-(

AND.............!!!!!!

I CAN'T USE THE SINK TILL I HAVE THE NEW PIECE BECAUSE I CAN'T CAP THE PIPE TILL I HAVE THE NEW BIT

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*takes deep breath*

rant over
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Getting divorced. Enough said...

moomin

Post by moomin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Tracy wrote:Getting divorced. Enough said...
shit
sorry to hear that unless you want it then I hope it quick

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Things weren't working out, we've been together for 5 years but married for just one. Still feels fucking weird... :?

SB

Post by SB » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:19 am

Oh Tracy, break ups are so difficult, especially after such a long-term partnership.I hope things are starting to look brighter for you this week.

As for me, "Everything" isn't shit - I have such a lovely life in so many ways, but today it has been three months since I lost my beautiful best friend to fucking cancer. I miss her so much that my stomach feels empty and my heart literally aches.

I really thought these things were supposed to get easier, not harder, yet I find myself crying about, and missing, her now more than ever.

Just needed to get that out, because whenever I talk to my friends about how I feel about losing Lis they all suggest counselling; which I'm sure is great but isn't going to bring my best friend, the girl I've been in contact with every day for the last 8 years, back.So I don't really see how it would help and nobody seems to be able to tell me.

marowak

Post by marowak » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 am

SB wrote: I talk to my friends about how I feel about losing Lis they all suggest counselling; which I'm sure is great but isn't going to bring my best friend.
10 years ago this summer I was very ill. Over the period of a year I had developed full on psychosis and was suffering from anxiety / depression and had no concept of reality.

I had counselling to help me ... and it really did help.

Since then I have become very positive of recommending counselling to people, it can help on so many levels.

SB -you are right, it won't bring your friend back but it can help you look at everything in a different light. I know the situation you are in is horrible and I am concious that offering advise / comfort over a forum is can can be dangerous.

Nothing I can say to you in this moment will suddenly make you feel better about it - but time really does help and take everything day by day. Counselling may be a good way forward for you as it gives you the opportunity to talk to someone who has not links to you in anyway and with grief counselling the people you talk to will know how you feel and will have helped many many others before.

When I was ill - I felt lost and alone and the only thing I wanted was for someone to tell me it would get better one day and that I was not the only one who felt the way I did. So I am letting you know ... It does get easier.
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

SB

Post by SB » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:46 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, Marowak.

Most of the time I deal with it OK, I know how tremendously lucky I am to be able to call such a wonderful woman my best friend, and whenever I feel low I can hear her telling me to stop feeling sorry for myself and take every opportunity that is available to me. And, most of the time, that is enough to make me feel that she is still here in some way, and still making my life better.

I do think you're right though, if this renewed sadness doesn't let up then I will definitely considering going to see someone completely separate to myself and the situation.

And thank you again. Sometimes you do just need someone to tell you that is does get better. I know that's what I needed this morning, because it feels never-ending.

(Everything also probably feels worse because I've had a grand total of two hours sleep - that never helps my mood!!!)

scotty94

Post by scotty94 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:06 pm

SB wrote:Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, Marowak.

Most of the time I deal with it OK, I know how tremendously lucky I am to be able to call such a wonderful woman my best friend, and whenever I feel low I can hear her telling me to stop feeling sorry for myself and take every opportunity that is available to me. And, most of the time, that is enough to make me feel that she is still here in some way, and still making my life better.

I do think you're right though, if this renewed sadness doesn't let up then I will definitely considering going to see someone completely separate to myself and the situation.

And thank you again. Sometimes you do just need someone to tell you that is does get better. I know that's what I needed this morning, because it feels never-ending.

(Everything also probably feels worse because I've had a grand total of two hours sleep - that never helps my mood!!!)
SB, I would likewise consider counselling as a help / salvation!!

I also went through a very rough time with my daughter bless her which if I recount will still reduce me to tears just thinking about it!!

I've been under a prescribed counsellor twice for this and for family issues which relate to looking after / keeping in control two twin brothers who are mentally retarded and supporting a family and my parents who are in there later stages of life for many many years and the whole episode got on top of me and affected both me and my family :( , add into that 5 1/2 months of visiting my mum daily in hospital after a major stroke which has left her incapable of everything but speaking a few words and looking after my dad and holding down a job and family it's been pretty shitty, I still suffer from anxiety attacks and Franks gig at Maida Vale was one of the first gigs that I have had the bollocks to go to alone without the support of my wife or someone else who I knew enough to not give a fuck and have fun whilst knowing I had someone there to watch over me for want of a better phrase 'Tell Tale Signs'!

Hence why I may of seemed to stay on the fringe of things at the R1 Rocks gig :oops:

Some days are better than others and it's hard to put into words or understand unless you have been there or going through it but, it does get better and as Marowak said above, speaking with someone who is totally withdrawn from the situation and can advise / comment without prejudice is a god send!!

I know the next gig you are at and if I see you there and you wanna chat please do :)
282, 317, 558, 718, 1078, 1299, 1382, 1407 tbc.....

sounds.heal.souls

Post by sounds.heal.souls » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:53 am

SB-

All of the things they have said are right, I have been there myself, and was as resistant as you might be. One thing my counselor, (who is now a very good friend) explained to me was that no counseling can bring back the person you lost, just like no physical therapy can bring back a lost limb. But the counseling/therapy can teach you ways to get as much as your life back as possible without the lost limb. I wanted that, I wanted my life, with laughter, joy,peace,anger,and normal guilt back. I wanted to feel something besides all that deep sadness that tried to drown me every day. After some work, and lots of encouragement, I did get it back. Maybe you can do the same. Best Wishes

Been there

SB

Post by SB » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Wow. You people are so, so kind and have opened up in ways I could never expect; but that allow me to realise that counselling isn't what I thought it would be, and to instead view it as something that could potentially help me.

I'm a big one for keeping busy, and keeping going for as long as I possibly can to stop the sadness, grief, whatever, from catching up with me. As Einstein said "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you have to keep moving." The only problem is I guess we all have to stop sometimes, and it's what happens when we stop that is the issue.

I really am generally fine, it's just the empty sadness that descends at 3am that I'd like to be able to stop.

Thank you all so, so much.

Suze x

KangarooAlice

Post by KangarooAlice » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Hey, sorry I've joined this conversation a bit late, but ah well :) Talking is SO important, whether that be to a counsellor, or just family or friends. I won't go into too much detail, as it doesn't seem the right place, but talking to someone, especially if they have experienced a similar situation, has worked wonders for me. It can make you feel overwhelmingly less alone. Thoughts left unsaid can be counter-productive, almost like they're a constant loop in your mind, and discussing things stops them?

There have been days where I've felt as low as low can be, but cheesy as it sounds, it does get better.

Al x
"I'm not hungover, I have the Booze Blues!!"

moomin

Post by moomin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:33 pm

please keep in mind that you might not find the correct counselor for you on the first attempt,
you might have to trial a couple before you find someone you can open up to and they might not be the person to whom you most relate. It is about you being able to find and isolate different things and working through them, they shouldn't be forming opinions for you but helping you to work through something and draw your own conclusions. I abandoned my prescribed because they tried to push me into talking about issues of which I wasn't ready to talk about. Yes she was meant to be helping me to face and over come various trials but by pushing me too soon she forced that particular issue into hiding. However this wasn't helped by the fact if a counselor is prescribed they will often by on a set time scale of which human emotion does not work to.
I would try again if I had the opportunity.

Overall though I would say it is beneficial to have someone in your life who can help you see past the knee jerk emotions to what's really going on, that is a counselor's aim.

moomin

Post by moomin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:37 pm

scotty94 wrote:
Hence why I may of seemed to stay on the fringe of things at the R1 Rocks gig
removing the oops smilie because I don't think you need it.
plenty of small steps lead to vast lands traveled
and as you might of seen we can talk enough for anyone who needs to be taking those small steps x