The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Venomous_Bear

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:11 pm

I just realized that today is September 20th, and I was supposed to go to a baby shower on September 13th.

Fuuuck.

"Sorry for not only missing it, but not REALIZING I missed it for a fucking WEEK."
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

trogette

Post by trogette » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:36 pm

ooops!!!

My phone's buggered. Have only had it for a few months. Need to remember to ring the company I bought it from, someone kick me if I'm here again and I haven't done...

Bobstains

Post by Bobstains » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 am

Car failed to start, and still won't. I missed my final gig of Frank's tour in Yeovil last night because of this. I'm very annoyed, and as if that wasn't bad enough, I had to listen to my lodger reminding me at 20 minute intervals that I could be dancing to Koo Koo or Frank.
I've woken up today just as fucked off as I wad last night. Sigh.

trogette

Post by trogette » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:15 pm

nooo what a bastard! Both the car and the lodger...

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Oh dear guys, I am always forgetting stuff, but then I am well advanced in years!
I can't begin to say how effed off I would be in that situation .
We should have some kind of S.O.S set up amongst fans who have transport trouble.

Bobstains

Post by Bobstains » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:03 am

I am a little glad that this happened at home and not 200 miles away though.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:18 pm

What's with these homies dissin' my girl?
Why do they gotta front?
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:What's with these homies dissin' my girl?
Why do they gotta front?
Yikes! I hope you are ok, I need a translator...xx

LTazz

Post by LTazz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:42 am

Venomous_Bear wrote:What's with these homies dissin' my girl?
Why do they gotta front?
Ah that song reminds me of being at school in 6th form. You weren't anybody unless you had a bit of Weezer in your headphones.

trogette

Post by trogette » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:55 pm

my belly hurts.

Bella

Post by Bella » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:05 pm

worked out I can acutally get to Hay-on Why to see Franks book talk and acoustic set...

the realised it will cost me a hundred quid ... maybe more if I miss the train.... because the last shuttle from Hay leaves at 10pm... right when Franks set starts (BarStewards!!) no accomodation in Hay and the cheapest room for one person in Hereford is currently £60 for one night... *sigh*

if there is a delay with the shuttle I will miss my train....

so I figured I could go just for the book talk.... still going to cost £60... and won't get home till 3am becaue of trains and busses and will have to sit in Newport for over an hour on my own in the dark... ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH... very fustrating.

wishing I had a car, and that DVLA weren't being gits again with my licence...

#1st world problems.....

oh and the mold is back, so will be spending the next hour scraping mold off the wall... joy - not!
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

bridgemo

Post by bridgemo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:15 pm

My contract at my dream job did not get renewed (teaching at a psychiatric hospital elementary kiddos). So I'm spending the afternoon filling out job applications. It wasn't just me, it was the whole program. They wanted teachers that will not give the students consequences for their actions.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:27 am

Came home from seeing Frank in New Zealand to find 2 inches of water in my not a fluffy kitten, but a place I make food on a stove and living room, it having come in the back door in a once in a decade deluge, and a freaked out 19 year old.

Two days later, there was a second deluge, a bigger one. With hail. Enough hail to make a snowman (hailman? sleetman?) and another two inches of water came to visit us.

Thank fuck for insurance.

ETA: Haha I actually used the word for a place you cook food. Hit edit twice to work out what was going on.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Craven

Post by Craven » Sat May 02, 2015 5:30 am

Bella wrote:worked out I can acutally get to Hay-on Why to see Franks book talk and acoustic set...

the realised it will cost me a hundred quid ... maybe more if I miss the train.... because the last shuttle from Hay leaves at 10pm... right when Franks set starts (BarStewards!!) no accomodation in Hay and the cheapest room for one person in Hereford is currently £60 for one night... *sigh*

so I figured I could go just for the book talk.... still going to cost £60... and won't get home till 3am becaue of trains and busses and will have to sit in Newport for over an hour on my own in the dark... ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH... very fustrating.

wishing I had a car, and that DVLA weren't being gits again with my licence...

#1st world problems.....

oh and the mold is back, so will be spending the next hour scraping mold off the wall... joy - not!
Me and the girlfriend are driving to this, where are you trying to get back to?
683 727 909 1081 1082 1139 1216 1258 1289 1381 1442 1522 1539 1585 1611 1615 1681 1720 1790 1889 1955

Bella

Post by Bella » Sat May 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Craven wrote:
Bella wrote:worked out I can acutally get to Hay-on Why to see Franks book talk and acoustic set...

Me and the girlfriend are driving to this, where are you trying to get back to?
if I was able to stay for franks acoustic set it would be any of these...
Herreford in time to get the midnight train
or Newport in time for the 01.25 am coach to Bristol (which I'd be on if I got the midnight train from hereford)
or Bristol :-)

if asked about taxi/car share from hay to hereford and what time franks set would end, and they said it would be very, very tight time wise. Frank's set ends at 11pm, its normally a 45 min drive apparently, but youhave to allow for time to get to a car/taxi and then get out of hay itself with festival people everywhere.... so I havn't booked it. If I made it to hereford and missed the train, it would cost me a small fortune to saty in hereford at such short notice (cheapest room in Herreford last time I looked was £60) and also i woouldn't get a refund on my train ticket so would have to pay for a full price one the next day :-(

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots