The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

valderie

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by valderie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Evan wrote:
Hindividual wrote: "Valerie posted the picture of my face covered in tomato juice after she threw a tomato at it" has got to be grounds for a post in the "Everything is shit" thread, right?
She is pure evil.
I feel like I have finally made it. It feels good.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:51 am

My grandfather died, which, you know, was bad enough - didn't whinge about it here but it was pretty hard on me, we were very close. My father and I are estranged. My Grandaddy left my father and me his estate in equal halves.

My Grandaddy said several times he wanted my son to have his silver cufflinks that belonged to his father. My great-aunt (Grandaddy's sister) discussed it with my dad and he said ok. (Remember, estranged, he won't talk to me directly. Childish.)

Today I found out he took one of the cufflinks and left a note saying he took his half in the box.

I thought, previously, that at some stage in my life I had already been as angry as I could possibly be, but it turns out I was wrong about that.

Also it is raining and cold and it's not even close to winter yet. WTF weather? WTF?

EiS
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:52 am

Gleena wrote:...I thought, previously, that at some stage in my life I had already been as angry as I could possibly be, but it turns out I was wrong about that.
Sounds like he's your "Amy". You know, the person who has the shortcut for fucking you up. Also, sincere condolences for the loss of your Grandpa.

Darlene
shows? 90 so far...

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:37 pm

Had a dawning realisation that some friends are just takers.

Fed up of being a free counsellor
Think I'm done, Im lucky I have others.

Also I need a fluffy kitten? Any ideas? :D
Never put a sock in a toaster!

helentx

Post by helentx » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:34 am

Leilalei wrote:Also I need a fluffy kitten? Any ideas? :D
Hahah thought last night "stick around" & lo this morning there are fluffy kitten offers. :D

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:35 am

Never, ever, accept shots of Jäger from total strangers.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Blonde wrote:Never, ever, accept shots of Jäger from total strangers.
That sounds like the beginning of a terrible story that ends in some sort of assault

Don't you just love when you spend your whole morning fixing someone else's mistake, only for them to be totally exonerated because the boss has no concept of the fact they might be anything less than perfect.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Evan wrote:Don't you just love when you spend your whole morning fixing someone else's mistake, only for them to be totally exonerated because the boss has no concept of the fact they might be anything less than perfect.
UGGH! The worst. There's a mantra in the nursing world: "Be kind to your nurse; she keeps your doctor from accidently killing you." So true, yet after an "event", the patient totally gushes and thanks the doctor for saving their life, whilst regaling us with stories of said doctor's (assassin) greatness. (oops, rant).
shows? 90 so far...

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Evan wrote:
That sounds like the beginning of a terrible story that ends in some sort of assault
Kinda. It led to some terrible dancing and a terrible hangover. I think being assaulted wouldn't have felt as bad as a hangover this morning.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Blonde wrote:
Evan wrote:
Kinda. It led to some terrible dancing and a terrible hangover. I think being assaulted wouldn't have felt as bad as a hangover this morning.
Walk of shame?

WALK OF SHAME!!! YOU TOTALLY HOOKED UP AND CAME ON THE INTERNET TO TELL EVERYONE!!!

How was he? I am guessing not all that.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Evan wrote:
Walk of shame?

WALK OF SHAME!!! YOU TOTALLY HOOKED UP AND CAME ON THE INTERNET TO TELL EVERYONE!!!

Put it this way, I didn't spend last night in my own bed at home.

blastman

Post by blastman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Luckily we did the clay pigeon shooting BEFORE the serious drinking on Saturday.... :D

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Blonde wrote:
Evan wrote:
Walk of shame?

Put it this way, I didn't spend last night in my own bed at home.

hahahaha...you tramp.

DieselBenz

Post by DieselBenz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm

darlenet. wrote:
Evan wrote:Don't you just love when you spend your whole morning fixing someone else's mistake, only for them to be totally exonerated because the boss has no concept of the fact they might be anything less than perfect.
UGGH! The worst. There's a mantra in the nursing world: "Be kind to your nurse; she keeps your doctor from accidently killing you." So true, yet after an "event", the patient totally gushes and thanks the doctor for saving their life, whilst regaling us with stories of said doctor's (assassin) greatness. (oops, rant).
There's a little bit of this in being a copy editor. Never the writer's fault, but always their achievement.
2011: 8/26, 28, 11/4(x2); 2012: 2/21, 22, 23, 24, 3/9, 11, 12, 18, 9/8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 28, 29, 30; 2013: 6/5, 6, 7(x2), 8, 7/26, 31, 8/1, 2, 10/4, 5, 11/16, 19, 29(X2). 2014: 6/4. 2015: 3/8, 9(x2), 5/12, 13, 14, 15. 18

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:03 pm

DieselBenz wrote:There's a little bit of this in being a copy editor. Never the writer's fault, but always their achievement.
Yep, like that. I'm chuckling because my husband was a copy editor, and I definitely heard that gripe before. :roll:
shows? 90 so far...